New federal-provincial health deal
Date: Thursday, February 06 2003
Topic: International News
Ottawa's health care deal with the provinces was both praised and criticized in
the House of Commons today.
Prime Minister Jean Chrétien announced late Wednesday night his government
had reached an agreement with the provinces that would see billions more dollars
going to health care over the next three years.
- $17.3 billion total
- $13.5 billion of new money
- $600 million Canada Health Infoway
- $900 million immunization, research
- $12 billion for provinces
- $9.5 billion for Romanow programs
- $2.5 billion Canadian Health and Social Service Transfer
to read the full story at CBC.ca