bottom

Canadian Forums

Firecat - Posts
Search these results:

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Scholars to debate if Jesus existed

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:28 pm 

Replies: 52
Views: 973

Firecat, when the group doing the study is a group of lightly veiled atheists whose bookstore betrays their biases then I don't put much credance in what they say or do. Were this study being handled by, say, Britain's Oxford University I'd have a different opinion altogether. The subject is not my...

Forum: International Politics   Topic: These Wars were planned a long time ago.

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:46 pm 

Replies: 58
Views: 996

Robodoon Robodoon:
Firecat Firecat:
WHO TOOK ALL THE TIN FOIL OUTTA MY PANTRY????

Please do not be "GAY" with me.

There go my evening plans.

Forum: International Politics   Topic: These Wars were planned a long time ago.

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:41 pm 

Replies: 58
Views: 996

I am an American Indian. I'm of truth, not lies. You are having a hard time with the truth...as I once did. Sometimes the Truth SUCKS! but it is still truth. You had me on the American Indian part. I bought Lakota because they have an old indian guy (Roger Carmichael) in the commercial. and I don't...

Forum: Atlantic Canada   Topic: Mandatory military service

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:34 pm 

Replies: 67
Views: 3097

And if any peacenicks say they don't want to join the military, deport the buggers for treason. Right-o! May as well deport all the Mennonites and Quakers without delay. What have peacenick twits like Erasmus, Alfred Nobel, Thoreau, Albert Schweitzer, Martin Luther King, Ernest Hemingway, Pablo Pic...

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:44 pm 

Why do you fear scholarship so? Is your grasp on your faith so very tenuous? I don't fear scholarship. The problem is that there are no genuine scholars involved in the Jesus Seminar (read the thread - I posted the info once already) and this group is acknowledged as simply being a rehash of the Je...

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:18 pm 

Why do you assume these are secular and liberal? Because it is the same crowd that was discredited for the Jesus Seminar. That's why. Why do you claim they, in their turn, were secular and liberal? Do you really understand what the Jesus Seminar was doing? -- Not what you THINK they were doing. The...

Forum: Canadian Politics   Topic: Another one jumps ship

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:05 pm 

Replies: 80
Views: 1776

Who is this MP? Can anyone fill us in on his riding, what his aspirations and expectations were of the new leader that Dion would not or could not meet. It is not unusual for people whose opinion of themselves is not matched by the new boss to try to get some kind of recognition on another team. Of ...

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Avoid Canadian schools, China warns students

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:46 am 

Replies: 30
Views: 814

http://vidangesdudiable.blogspirit.com/images/medium_head-in-sand.jpg IS that response exemplary of the debating skill of the home-schooled? Such a brilliant riposte Ok, tell me about what qualifies your opinion then? I've revealed mine. as a parent, student and a part-time teacher....

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Calgary tourist bureau shows gay-friendly attitude

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:40 am 

Replies: 6
Views: 183

$1:
I can see it all now, Come to the Greatest Out Show on Earth, The Calgary Exhibition and Gay Stampede

Well, cowboy hats ARE pretty gay. ROTFL

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Shaw pulls millions out of CBC

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:31 am 

Replies: 22
Views: 573

Hmm according to the Consewrvatives on the bosard, I thought CBC was funded entiurely by their tax money. ROTFL

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:28 am 

I've always wished I was homeschooled. I've been thinking about homeschooling our kids when we start having them, especially if we decide to stay here in the UK. I won't even get started on the kids that run around here...terrible. Anyway. Basic stuff when they're little, with lots of time spent ou...

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:04 am 

Private school or homeschooling is the only way to assure a quality education nowadays. The public school system is too prone to fads and trends, instituted by consultants who haven't set a foot in a public school since they graduated. I disagree. Teaching is a profession and few parents have the f...

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:42 am 

I disagree. Teaching is a profession and few parents have the foggiest idea how to teach. I fail to see how a parent can devote 6 hours a day 5 days a week solely to their child's education and can claim to have degrees in so many subjects collectively that a school staff has? What household provid...

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:39 am 

Your Welcome ...buts lets face it if it isn't sound and dispite what I wrote can you blame anyone for looking into the truth , I just find it highly bizarre that a bunch of scholars would look into the realities of Jesus as a whole rather than the overall big picture of the bible (s) plural . That ...

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:36 am 

Your Welcome ...buts lets face it if it isn't sound and dispite what I wrote can you blame anyone for looking into the truth , I just find it highly bizarre that a bunch of scholars would look into the realities of Jesus as a whole rather than the overall big picture of the bible (s) plural . That ...
Sort by:  

Page 9 of 68 [ Search found 1015 matches ]

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.