CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Rev_Blair - Posts
Search these results:

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Peer-Reviewed Scientific Studies Chill Global Warming Fears

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:53 pm 

Replies: 190
Views: 4686

Science, Bart...the same thing that proved it to me. I didn't believe the whole global warming thing to start with. I didn't want to. I like big v-8 engines and weird machines and chopping a dog door in my house so the dogs can let themselves out. I was sure that global warming was a load of crap. T...

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Clashes break out at summit protest

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:15 pm 

Replies: 74
Views: 1891

$1:
Just out of curiosity Dayseed - do you think the Police and the Anarchists shop at the same shoestore?

Hmmm, I chose my hush puppy-type work shoes for the thing here. I think I got them at Work Warehouse. I don't recall seeing either cops or anarchists there.

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Peer-Reviewed Scientific Studies Chill Global Warming Fears

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:03 pm 

There is no minor data in science, Bart. Data may have only a minor effect though. The changes that were made to the existing data only caused minor changes to the overall data. The effect to the long term data were so miniscule that they changed nothing. In the 4-stroke engine example, they were li...

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:10 pm 

I guess Bart doesn't know much about 4 stroke engines. Hmmm...what other traditional redneck pursuits can I use as an example? How about pool? Maybe he's had some experience with shootin' stick. Livestock? I could likely use that as some sort of metaphor too. Perhaps Bart prefers 2 stroke engines. M...

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:16 pm 

The peer reviews were obviously wrong elsewise how is it that a freaking blogger for God's sake finds an error that all of these wonderful scientists overlooked when they did their peer reviews before endorsing this BS? What other errors did they make since they missed one that was part of their fo...

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:01 am 

The science is in...global warming is real and we're the driving factor. You guys spent years yarking about the "hockey stick" like it was the only piece of data, you still do, yet the NAS supported the hockey stick and the junk science McKittrick and McIntyre used to start the controversy...

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:05 am 

The science was not very sound if such a slight difference was all it was based upon. That's not all it was based on though. You've cherry picked one year in one country and are saying that it disproves all of the other other data and all of the peer-reviewed science. It's a tactic that the creatio...

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Cool it, hotheads: global-warming data reconsidered

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:48 am 

Replies: 41
Views: 1052

Go read my first post in this thread, Pluggy.

Forum: Canadian Politics   Topic: Winnipeg Metro

Posted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:47 am 

Replies: 18
Views: 781

I don't like Sushi much. I am curious about how they'll deal with smell of 60 year old stale beer and piss wafting in from the bar though. That's an odour that isn't going to go away easily. There are other bars downtown than the clubs that draw the gang action in the Exchange too. The Kingshead is ...

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Cool it, hotheads: global-warming data reconsidered

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:49 pm 

Whatever, Pluggy.

Does anybody have anything to say about the many flaws and misrepresentations in Bart's original post?

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:41 pm 

It would do a lot to help revitalize the downtown, Streaker. As it is right now, going downtown for a couple of beer requires driving, finding a parking place, making sure you have designated driver, and so on. If people could hop on rapid transit and get there in a few minutes, I think they use it....

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:07 pm 

I just responded to the usual bullshit in kind. The original post was an op-ed full of flaws and untruths, so I posted something from a science site rebutting it. The reaction, as I expected, was a bunch of crap from the usual suspects. Those of you who choose to remain ignorant about science, wheth...

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:37 pm 

Okay, you guys are choosing to remain ignorant. Not my problem. Don't come whining to me when your kids piss on your graves for destroying their world though.

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:51 pm 

It's a reasonable plan, Winnipegger. I think it would get a lot of use too. I know this past winter when I was going to see the nurses constantly, and feeling like crap, I would have loved to be able to catch a couple of trains/buses instead of starting a car and driving.

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:45 pm 

Now back to reality 1934 and all that Filed under: Instrumental Record Climate Science — gavin @ 5:33 PM Another week, another ado over nothing. Last Saturday, Steve McIntyre wrote an email to NASA GISS pointing out that for some North American stations in the GISTEMP analysis, there was an o...
Sort by:  

Page 11 of 439 [ Search found 6582 matches ]

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.