CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Wolf1412 - Posts
Search these results:

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Dieppe veteran on doomed raid: 'It felt I was on the target

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:21 pm 

Replies: 25
Views: 552

Pointing fingers at Mountbatten is an attempt to pass the buck on the final decision to attack Dieppe. Ummm, that's because Mountbatten was the final decision maker. :lol: I am not denying Mountbatten made "A" final decision for the go/no go. what I am saying is both McNaughton and Crerar...

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Dieppe veteran on doomed raid: 'It felt I was on the target

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:39 am 

Replies: 25
Views: 552

I tend to disagree that Canada was thrown under the bus. McNaughton had been given the full support of the Canadian Government at the time to act as he saw fit. As Commander of the First Canadian Army, McNaughton, along with General Crerar, Commander of 1St Canadian Corp (both vets of WW1)had been s...

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Protesters start DIGGING UP body of Confederate General

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:53 am 

Replies: 19
Views: 461

this removal of historical remains and monuments is gaining momentum around the globe. In South Africa they have torn down the statue of Rhodes at the University in Cape Town (hey he only founded the place). This has moved to the UK where there is a movement on to remove Rhodes Statue from Rhodes Un...

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Undercover cop in wheelchair discovers 'soul' of Vancouver's

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:45 pm 

Replies: 3
Views: 159

Curious to know if he would have received similar treatment in a more affluent neighborhood or just avoided with disdain?

Forum: General Jibber Jabber   Topic: Post your own list of Rights

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:32 pm 

Replies: 30
Views: 455

Bart: Can you clarify your number 11: 11. The Right to Act. No person shall be restrained from an action that violates the conscience or deeply held beliefs of another person. Does this not contradict your right to be left alone? I may be misunderstanding your point but if you wish to be left alone ...

Forum: Entertainment   Topic: Movies to look forward to in 2015...

Posted: Sun May 03, 2015 10:54 pm 

Replies: 141
Views: 4592

Must agree was a great fun movie to watch but have not been able to nail down what was missing. Something just did not meet the heart of the first one and the sequel seemed a little hollow.

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:57 pm 

If your daughter was fine with abomination then Ultron should be pretty harmless. I will say if your seeing it in 3D/Big Screen at the theatre it is at times a sensory overload which may be a bit overwhelming. I would say it is safe for kids, the movie actually makes fun of "language" at o...

Forum: Food & Drink (Cooking & Recipes)   Topic: The flavour factor: undoing the Dorito effect

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:59 am 

Replies: 47
Views: 818

OK had Durian in Bali and though it tastes not bad smells like moldy socks. If you can get by the smell you may like it

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:13 am 

Went to the IMAX and saw Avenger Age of Ultron last Saturday here in Pretoria. Good movie but seemed to lack the character depth of the first one. Looks like Marvel was leaning more on the effects then characters. Fun to watch none the less

Forum: International Politics   Topic: Ethnic cleansing starting up in South Africa

Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:11 pm 

Replies: 6
Views: 220

Social media is taking everyone down the wrong road. The current issues in SA though blamed on Xenophobia have been started by criminal elements and flamed into the reported issue. Added to this is a couple of shitty comments by both government and tribal leaders (specifically the King in Pongola, K...

Forum: General Jibber Jabber   Topic: Vote for our national bird.

Posted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:21 am 

Replies: 49
Views: 851

Anyone familiar with the Western Alpine areas must have run into a Whiskey Jack or two. Smart, friendly and highly social. Whiskey Jack gets my vote.

Forum: General Jibber Jabber   Topic: Today I am sewing another pair of pants. ( A Cops Wife )

Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:12 pm 

Replies: 31
Views: 1512

Thanos give it up you have two who just will not get it or let it go. IMO you are correct there is a distinct difference between ones service to country/community and one SERVICING county/community.

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Are spiders getting bigger' Warm summer has caused arachnids

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:43 pm 

Replies: 30
Views: 437

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
If they look like this, he has problems

Seen that before isa doctored photo of camel spiders. They don't get that big

Forum: Current Events   Topic: White South African family seeking asylum in Canada granted

Posted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:08 am 

Replies: 9
Views: 233

Wonder if some of you have been to South Africa? Two sides to this issue that are followed but hold no water. The poor uneducated blacks that are brainwashed by Zuma/Malema and their goons to blame everything on the Whites and Apartheid. This is used a a rallying cry to cover up the current governme...

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Power out after 4.3-magnitude earthquake hits central Albert

Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:49 pm 

Replies: 11
Views: 169

Just had a 5.5 in Pretoria, RSA last week. Having grown up on Van Isl was fun to watch the locals looking stunned.
Sort by:  

Page 3 of 7 [ Search found 98 matches ]

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.