Canadian Forums

guest123 - Posts
Search these results:

Forum: Entertainment   Topic: CBC Show: Canadians Vote to Merge with USA

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:52 am 

Replies: 72
Views: 1706

Robair Robair:
Did any of you actually watch it? Not much on Canada or what led it to join the USA in the first part...
That's because this is a sequel to another mini-series called H2O: The Last Prime Minister. Everything that led up to this can be found there.

Forum: US Politics   Topic: Should America annex Canada? The unDead thread

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:37 pm 

Replies: 937
Views: 23903

If the US attempted a military annexation of Canada, pretending the rest of the world didn't get involved with the exception of supporting one side or the other with weapons or such, in the end the US would win. However, the attrition the US forces would suffer would be massive. It'd be like the Ge...

Forum: Ontario   Topic: Why do people hate Toronto?

Post subject: Why do people hate Toronto?
Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:35 am 

Replies: 61
Views: 2666

Why do people hate Toronto? I hear alot of Toronto bashing going on. People treat it like it's a boring souless joke of a place that doesn't even compare to truly great cities like Montreal or Vancouver. They make snide remaks about how the best time they had in Toronto is when they left. Some even ...

Forum: Ontario   Topic: Does Ontario = Canada

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:36 am 

Replies: 27
Views: 1079

Having a basic weak federal government wouldn’t be too bad if it only managed our foreign relations, trade, and armed forces. That would be acceptable to me but the provinces ultimately should have all the power to manage themselves in however they see fit. This is a better solution. Control at hom...

Forum: Ontario   Topic: Does Ontario = Canada

Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:06 am 

Replies: 27
Views: 1079

This country was created mostly out of fear, lies, and intimidation Most countries were created out of much worse. We've had it good. and quite frankly if it all split a part it would probably be the best thing for it. There are far too many different people all with quite different interests and h...

Forum: Canadian Politics   Topic: Dion breaking up Canada...

Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:41 pm 

Replies: 178
Views: 3370

As it stands right now, I can drive from Vancouver Island to Charlottetown without leaving my country. It's my constitutional right to travel freely within the country. If the provinces or regions were all different country, we couldn't do that. As it stands right now, my country has a voice in imp...

Forum: Canadian Politics   Topic: I love it when a plan comes together!

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:00 am 

Replies: 80
Views: 1641

Well I could always visit and we could always do what we did with the United States did have passport free travel. As others said the west would probably be stronger anyway and have a larger armed forces and may even be safer. Sure reforming Canada would be nice but we have been trying to do that f...

Forum: Canadian Politics   Topic: I love it when a plan comes together!

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:23 am 

Replies: 80
Views: 1641

It is better than four separate countries because we would have freedom of movement, shared currency, and common defence to protect us. With a separate western canada, you'd have LESS freedom of movement because ontario, quebec and the maritimes would no longer be yours. Why take a great vast count...

Forum: Canada/US Relations   Topic: How many CKA canadians carry anti-canadian sentiments

Posted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:26 am 

Replies: 43
Views: 1513

Okay, you were talking specifically about the conservative element in Canada wanting to emulate those down south. Sorry to have jumped ahead of that issue. Even so, that sort of thing isn't unique to Canada. Maybe it just looks that way because those who see the issue are only focussed on how it rel...

Forum: Canada/US Relations   Topic: How many CKA canadians carry anti-canadian sentiments

Posted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:01 pm 

Replies: 43
Views: 1513

The thing that surprises me most about Canada is that we have a significant minority that looks to our neighbour and wishes to emulate them. This is an exception the world over. You're right. No country in history has ever taken an idea from another and tried to apply it to their own. Certainly not...

Forum: Canadian Politics   Topic: Referendum for 2008

Posted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:10 am 

Replies: 60
Views: 1470

I have to agree with everyone else. It's been 3 weeks and 14 working days since Harper was sworn in. Very little can be completely turned around in that time. It's too bad that people want to separate because a newly sworn in prime minister doesn't transform the country in 14 days.

Forum: Canada/US Relations   Topic: Canada 'retarded' say's US Pundits

Posted: Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:30 pm 

Replies: 152
Views: 3464

But what if the USA acts to destabilize Canada if it is to the perceived advantage of whoever is in office? The USA has a lot to gain if Alberta separates and raises the US flag. It may not be our love for Alberta that is expressed but our fear of China. By the way, the Republicans have little to g...

Forum: Federal Elections   Topic: There's gonna be an election soon

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:32 pm 

Replies: 224
Views: 4582

Welcome Numure. I read your posts at Canadian Content. :D Theirs been an ever growing divide between the RoC and Quebec on how government should be runned, how our laws should be shaped and what not. This, is what the political movement for seperation has grown from. The political movement René Leve...

Forum: Canadian Politics   Topic: Clarity Act needs clarity

Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:41 pm 

Replies: 66
Views: 1174

You should know what the polls are at in Quebec for separation, Elvis whats it at 60%? You can avoid it if you want like many politicians in Ottawa. But to me its seems inevitable. The idea of Quebec independence will never die, so lets get on with it so we can get on with our lives With that my po...

Forum: Canadian Politics   Topic: Clarity Act needs clarity

Posted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:33 am 

Replies: 66
Views: 1174

Because they wouldn't be citizens, unless an EU style system were set up so that Canadians had the exact same rights and privileges as Quebec citizens.
Sort by:  

Page 1 of 3 [ Search found 35 matches ]

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.