bottom

Canadian Forums

hurley_108 - Posts
Search these results:

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Japan's nuclear power plant problems - merged

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:44 am 

Replies: 436
Views: 8227

A few things: 3. A geologist-tectonics expert was on CNN last night talking about how the only quadrant of the Pacific Ring of Fire that has not had a major quake is the West coast of the US & Canada. He said that a major quake on the San Andreas fault is likely but that a major quake on the Ca...

Forum: Canadian Politics   Topic: Michael Ignatieff: Sacrificial Lamb

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:58 am 

Replies: 31
Views: 761

Harper started out quite promising, as did Iggy. What went wrong with the both of 'em? Harper keeps letting his partisan nature get the better of him and being needlessly provocative, pandering to his base where he can't win seats and offending moderates where he needs to, etc. They're pretty good,...

Forum: Canadian Politics   Topic: Michael Ignatieff: Sacrificial Lamb

Posted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:22 am 

Replies: 31
Views: 761

When you vote this election, just close your eyes, swing your arm in the air and make an X next to the name your pencil lands next to, they all be useless, crooked, morons again this time around anyway. Right now I'm honestly undecided. If I had to mark a ballot today, I'd probably spoil it. Harper...

Forum: Current Events   Topic: F-35 jets cost to soar to $29B

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:27 pm 

Replies: 18
Views: 321

This a pretty flawed 'report' though Hurley. The Libs see the Tories as vulnerable on this procurement and are hammering away at it. We've discussed the F35 quite a few times and I think it's probably the best bet for long term. Other solutions are either as or more expensive for less longevity or ...

Forum: Current Events   Topic: F-35 jets cost to soar to $29B

Post subject: Re:
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:58 pm 

Replies: 18
Views: 321

gonavy47 gonavy47:
This watchdog was hired by the liberals. DUH...

No. The office of Parliamentary Budget Officer was created by the Conservatives as part of their accountability overhauls, and they hired Kevin Page to fill that office.

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Condos in northern Alta evacuated

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:24 am 

Replies: 15
Views: 183

Any reason this had to be done at midnight ? Seems.... kinda dumb to mess with people like this. My guess: some engineer was up at 11 PM doing the work on this, concluded that the buildings were unsafe, and because engineers can go to jail if they knowingly allow people to live in an unsafe buildin...

Forum: US Politics   Topic: Challenging essay on US government workers

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:20 am 

Replies: 23
Views: 297

$76,500 per year, with splendiferous benefits I call bullshit. one Madison bus driver, John E. Nelson, was able to make $159,000 in 2009 -- about $100,000 of which in overtime pay OMG unions get overtime! (No mention of an employer too stupid to hire 3 workers instead of overworking 1) And a countr...

Forum: Canadian Politics   Topic: There's a federal election in the air

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:01 pm 

Replies: 40
Views: 676

I think Harper may just eke out a slim majority, unless they screw up the campaign again. Iggy and the Libs have the most to lose on this one. I reckon the NDP may pick up a chunk of Lib votes. You can only lose what you have, you can't lose what you don't have. Iggy and Steve have leaderships. The...

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:01 pm 

We've had an election on the economy. We haven't had an election on Steve's (lack of) ethics. None of them have ethics hurley. They are all a bunch of wankers that would sell their souls at the drop of a hat. All of 'em! So you keep saying. The Harper Government, though, has accumulated quite the r...

Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:47 pm 

I dunno ryan. He's ordered decals for the election aircraft. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ottawa-notebook/ndp-orders-up-decals-for-its-campaign-plane/article1934202/ I'd say this parliament is done and there's gonna be a spring election. it appears to be headed that way . i'd still ...

Forum: Business   Topic: Couple's huge bills unexplained by Bell

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:02 pm 

Replies: 8
Views: 193

And BS like this is why Canada has some of the highest cell phone rates on the planet. Bell (and every other cellular provider in Canada) thinks that they have a right to screw over every customer that foolishly signs up with them. I do wonder, though, if Canada's very low population density has so...

Forum: Business   Topic: Couple's huge bills unexplained by Bell

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:40 am 

Views: 193

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2011/02/28/bc-datacharges.html A couple from Merritt, B.C., has been battling Bell Canada for months over enormous bills - which they call outrageous and unwarranted - for thousands of dollars in unexplained data charges on their smartphone. ____...

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Senate is better off dead, NDP says

Post subject: Re: Re:
Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:54 am 

Replies: 13
Views: 214

I think a Senate is better off ELECTED. Either way will require Constitutional reform, and we all know how well that's gone... Yes, it is a very useful debate, to whine about something that would be very difficult to change either way. Never mind the NDP has been at the forefront of blocking any re...

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Senate is better off dead, NDP says

Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:47 pm 

Replies: 13
Views: 214

Arctic_Menace Arctic_Menace:
I think a Senate is better off ELECTED.

Either way will require Constitutional reform, and we all know how well that's gone...

Forum: Rants & Raves   Topic: CBC editing staff cerebrally challenged??

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:12 pm 

Views: 210

Wow. That's pretty bad.

Also even regular coke has "only" 160 caories per can, so you'd need to drink 2.5 to get your 400 empty calories.
Sort by:  

Page 4 of 391 [ Search found 5855 matches ]

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.