CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

romanP - Posts
Search these results:

Forum: Science & Technology   Topic: Belief In Witchcraft, Magic Serves 'Basic Human Need,' Profe

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:13 pm 

Replies: 156
Views: 3770

You can make something up and believe it, but that doesn't make it exist outside your head. To believe in something, and not to live it, is dishonest. If you live as you believe then you can make it so. :idea: I think you're confusing belief with ideation, or dreaming. Holding onto certitude that a...

Forum: Science & Technology   Topic: Belief In Witchcraft, Magic Serves 'Basic Human Need,' Profe

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 12:07 pm 

We create things from our dreams all the time. Right. But that's not believing something into existence. That's making something happen. Alexander Graham Bell didn't believe the phone into happening, he picked up a screwdriver. That is my point exactly. Magic is the end result of karma, if we defin...

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:58 am 

We create things from our dreams all the time. Right. But that's not believing something into existence. That's making something happen. Alexander Graham Bell didn't believe the phone into happening, he picked up a screwdriver. That is my point exactly. Magic is the end result of karma, if we defin...

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:57 am 

You can make something up and believe it, but that doesn't make it exist outside your head. To believe in something, and not to live it, is dishonest. If you live as you believe then you can make it so. :idea: I think you're confusing belief with ideation, or dreaming. Holding onto certitude that a...

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:55 am 

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:51 am 

So your argument has been that magic is not the only irrational belief that exists - saying they have "magical qualities", then, is only detracting from your point that they share irrational qualities with magic . You've a hard time presenting a logical argument. It's not a logical subjec...

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:43 am 

To believe in something, and not to live it, is dishonest. Has nothing to do with magic. Then why was it a response to my post on reality versus magic, in the thread about magic? Is this another "parallel" in disguise? You said: You can make something up and believe it, but that doesn't m...

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:23 am 

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:49 pm 

We create things from our dreams all the time. That's how the modern world exists. The rate at which our technology evolves has a direct corelation to how fast we can realise our dreams. I think this is what magic is. I think karma and magic are directly related.

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Dollar may crash to $.85 next year

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:44 pm 

Replies: 54
Views: 1410

Actually, lack of growth generally is a bad thing. Only with the current economic model, which is not so great in itself, because it assumes that infinite growth is the only way forward, which is impossible because we have finite resources. I think a sustainment-based economy would be a better idea...

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Dollar may crash to $.85 next year

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:47 pm 

Replies: 54
Views: 1410

The trade deficit has a lot to do with the decline of manufacturing and skilled labour in America. If America wasn't importing so much from China and depending on their manufacturing labour to supply just about every area of consumer goods that isn't a bulk refined natural resource, there would be ...

Forum: General Jibber Jabber   Topic: How To Remove All Certainty

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:01 pm 

Replies: 27
Views: 718

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
Bill Clinton knows what is is.

He didn't seem very certain. In fact, he had to ask.

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:53 pm 

kitty kitty:
What is the point of this exercise?

The point might be an excercise in enlightenment through admitting one's ignorance.

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:49 pm 

BluesBud BluesBud:
romanP romanP:
I'm not sure.
Well if you're not sure....who is?

I have no idea.

Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:00 pm 

I'm not sure.
Sort by:  

Page 247 of 250 [ Search found 3741 matches ]

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.