bottom

Canadian Forums

travior - Posts
Search these results:

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Suspected U.S. serial killer shot by police

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:54 pm 

Replies: 4
Views: 113

Cherokee County is about 90mi/144km away from me. Most of us was hoping this b-turd would go down in a hail of gunfire. Three killings occured about 1 or 2 miles from my co-worker's house. All of the killings are tragic, but the father and 15yo daughter both getting killed was a shame. The girl had ...

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Obama defends Canada's medicare

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:47 am 

Replies: 186
Views: 1665

True, it is not free, but at least the load is spread out a bit better. It is easier to cough up a few tax dollars here and a few tax dollars there than trying to save the money up before a proceedure or trying to dig out after an unexpected one. There is no gaurantee that the government plan would ...

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Ford Canada sales jump 25 percent in June

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:34 am 

Replies: 39
Views: 457

Never will forget a Johnny Carson joke about the fine Pinto. He said that if California was a car it would be the Pinto; it was always shaking, having pieces falling off or catching on fire. :lol:

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:30 am 

And your taxes pay for what???? we know its not defence. You dont have to worry about that one. And our taxes pay for what? Have you forgotten about the $500 hammers and $1000 toilets the Pentagon bought? I think we have top honours for tax money flushed down the loo and not knowing where the sewer...

Forum: Computer Tech & Internet   Topic: Blue screen of death

Post subject: Re: Blue screen of death
Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:27 am 

Replies: 43
Views: 607

I see your problem Bren, your computer is speaking Dutch. :lol: I hate Microsoft and refuse to upgrade to Vista.

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:20 am 

I agree that the malpractice suits are a huge problem. I have nothing against someone sueing for a just cause, but the cost of the frivolous ones and the huge awards for some are rediculous. And, like you said, we have a bunch of lawyers making laws that only lawyers can understand and putting in lo...

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Half of armoured military vehicles in Afghanistan are useles

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:11 am 

Replies: 49
Views: 579

The Americans have produced a suitable replacement for the HumVee. It's called the Cougar. http://defense-update.com/images_new1/cougar_htv.jpg http://defense-update.com/products/c/cougar.htm http://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/archive/2007/February/Pages/Militaryservices2723.aspx :l...

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Ford Canada sales jump 25 percent in June

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:08 am 

Replies: 39
Views: 457

Had a '94 F150 for 13 years. Finally sold it when the family outgrew it. Never had a single breakdown. Only had to have an exhaust check-valve replaced once and a set of tires. Bought a '05 Yukon and love it (needed a 6-seater). First non-Ford in my family. Ford's quality really has improved the las...

Forum: Current Events   Topic: British embassy worker charged in Iran

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:59 am 

Replies: 3
Views: 59

They are local civilian Iranian nationals that were arrested. Not that Iran would let a little thing as international law get in their way or anything anyways.

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:56 am 

]If you don't want the doctors taken away from the government funded hospitals (thus paid less) to private healthcare, you have to. It's what happened in Canada, the money-driven doctors went to the US because they can make more... You make it sound like the doctors are bad for wanting to earn more...

Forum: Current Events   Topic: Cheap Trick brings back the 8-track

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:20 am 

Replies: 12
Views: 717

If they are wanting to revive a media, bring back vinyl! 8-tracks were crap! Vinyl will always be better than anything else. I hate CD's. Can't beat the rich tones of a good record!

Forum: Jokes & Humour   Topic: Joke of the Day!!!!

Post subject: Re: Joke of the Day!!!!
Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:09 am 

Replies: 2288
Views: 74193

On that note... Farrah Fawcett was getting ready to walk through the gates of heaven. St.Peter stopped her and said: "For your suffering with cancer, we will grant you one wish before passing though." Farrah thought a moment and said: "I wish for all the children of the world to be sa...

Forum: Canada/US Relations   Topic: Happy Fourth of July!

Post subject: Re: Happy Fourth of July!
Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:55 am 

Replies: 25
Views: 533

I went into the local Wal-mart on the 4th wearing my Canada ballcap. Why were all those people staring at me??? :lol:

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:52 am 

I am an American, my wife is Canadian; therefore I have a pretty good understanding of the way both systems work. The primary problem with the Canadian system is actually a result of the American system. Too many of Canada's talented doctors have come to the US to make more money because we have the...

Forum: General Jibber Jabber   Topic: What are you eating?

Post subject: Re: What are you eating?
Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:29 am 

Replies: 2412
Views: 33273

Nothing so far... damn I'm hungry!
Sort by:  

Page 11 of 68 [ Search found 1017 matches ]

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.