Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:27 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Alta_redneck Alta_redneck:
Can I officially put the banjo away for another 4 years Thanos? :lol:

Who knows? Looks so far though like the wackadoos at the SUN and Wildrose Dave (your term, which is awesome BTW [B-o]) put the banjo-filled cart a couple of light years ahead of the horse.

Social conservatism scares the hell out of a lot of people, and not just the lefties too. WRA better learn from this if the so-cons end up being the main factor that cost them a win tonight. And it's not anti-religion either. It's more like a deep distrust and apprehension of any religion that gets too deeply fused with angry politics.

I thought I was ready for some picken, but in the end the arrogance of the WR in my riding crushed my banjo. Once they started putting up their signs in front of our incumbents campaign headquarters, well that just pissed me off. He's done a hell of a job here and deserved respect for the 12? years he's served us.

And like you say, the media turned a lot of people off also, around here anyways. [B-o]

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:29 pm

Cfox Cfox:
A lot of people in my area were pissed off that WRP used autodialers to call them for voting support. I didn't vote for them for just that as a start.

All the parties used autodialers. They should ban the use of those f'n things.

Last edited by dino_bobba_renno on Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:35 pm

Bodah Bodah:
Gunnair Gunnair:
Wow......looks like a pretty massive PC majority. Where the hell did that come from?

All along Thanos had a special ops unit lying in the wait, a small krack unit of rabid gnome libertarians and when he muttered the phrase "release the little krakens" this ensued at a unspecified polling station, all caught on helemt cam.

Christ Jesus, what the hell was THAT?!?!?!? 8O Peter Dinklage is outraged!

I don't like krakens so I told them to say "kitties" instead:

Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:41 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:
Wow......looks like a pretty massive PC majority. Where the hell did that come from?

A lot of cold feet in AB?

Truly conservative people are very leery of any sort of change.

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:48 pm

Bruce_E_T Bruce_E_T:
Gunnair Gunnair:

Not leery of change, just not interested in a lot of WRP's proposed revisions.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:49 pm

Bruce_E_T Bruce_E_T:
Gunnair Gunnair:

Yeah. Alberta couldn't walk the walk. 8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:58 pm

WRA and the media wrongly assumed that most voters are continuously enraged by the same sort of issues that animate the right. This is a good place to live for the most part. We have problems, but none of them really are the doom-and-apocalypse ones that WRA, Rick Bell, and Dave Rutherford thrive on. As below, for anyone who hasn't been paying attention:

$1:
The middle of the road is all the usable surface. The extremes of left and right are in the gutters. - Dwight David Eisenhower

Alberta isn't Arabia or America. A spirit of uncompromising rage like we see on the hard edges of the right wing elsewhere just doesn't cut it here. None of our problems here need to be treated with political or economic puritanism. Most people everywhere are severely normal and the majority of Albertans clearly fall into that sober, sensible, and middle-of-the-road category.

And thank the good Lord for that. [B-o]

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:16 pm

Damn my guy is down by a couple 100 votes. 8O

Attachments:
AER.JPG
AER.JPG [ 22.79 KiB | Viewed 326 times ]
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:26 pm

8O 8O !!!

Sure as hell didn't see that coming! I would have been good with WRP being in STRONG Opposition or leader. There'll be no controling the PC's now! They definitely needed a 'spanking'. :( :(

Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:29 pm

This is going to be a real landmark for the politician who says "The only poll that matters is at the ballot box."

Hardly neck and neck results.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:33 pm

Reflecting on my behavior over the past few weeks, I am not really proud of what I said during the campaign. My Jekyll/Hyde ravings about Alberta becoming an Orwellian were probably the most egregious offense. Deep down, I never really believed my hype because that--well--that was down right insane. But I do not look at the PC majority as vindication and I am quite pessimistic about the coming four years.

But I can always move to Saskatchewan if things go south in a hurry. :P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:45 pm

Link Byfield is probably gonna win with a narrow total which truly sucks. Ron Leech lost in Calgary. And the Hunsperger guy with the "homos" and "lake of fire" comments got literally destroyed in Edmonton. The Byfieldites will probably say otherwise but I think that this really confirms that the bozo-erupting soc-cons have no guaranteed place waiting for them in Alberta politics. I'm sure that the WRA will make the fatal mistake of keeping them around in their alliance, but most voters clearly don't want anything to do with fire-and-brimstone from the pulpit. Fiscal conservatism, or at least fiscal responsibility? Yes. Anti-modern and venomous social conservatism like we see far too often from the Republican party in the United States? Clearly not.

And the SUN is already yammering on the back pages of their website that Redford wants a new NEP to screw Alberta. The fearmongering just never ends with these clowns. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:03 pm

So it seems that despite the polls and talk, that Albertans have gone with the status quo and stayed with their single-party democracy. Bravo....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:34 pm

Ehhhh, that's not was important in this election anyway. Repudiating extremism and radicalism was more important to most voters than a trendy changing out of parties ever could be.

Ditch the kooks and the economic Randroids and by 2016 the WRA might actually be in a better position to win anyway. A beating like this will actually do them some good if they choose to learn from it.

Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:53 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Ditch the kooks and the economic Randroids and by 2016 the WRA might actually be in a better position to win anyway. A beating like this will actually do them some good if they choose to learn from it.

A cheerful response to a beating especially when polls from just three days ago were predicting a slim Wild Rose majority. Rough weekend. :roll:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 281 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 14  15  16  17  18  19  Next