bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:03 pm

I created a new 'Facebook Page' for the Stéphane Dion before someone else could snap it up and make an attack page against the Dion, like someone has kind of already done for Harper. Add yourself as a Stéphane Dion fan!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=24372236112
If you want to help improve or admin the page, contact me.

I tried making one for "Liberal Party of Canada" but it didn't get included in the search for some reason, and someone else has since made one that is now taken over, so thats fine.

I did create one for the NDP though, add yourself as an NDP fan!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=7565536700

I also just started a "Liberal Supporter" facebook app. The app has Liberal news, blogs & forum feeds from CKA. The 'profile box' for the app is pretty simple currently, just an image proclaiming support for the liberals.
http://www.facebook.com/apps/applicatio ... 0469192192
If you have any suggestions, feel free to add them.

I made a Liberal app because one didn't exist, there is already a "NDP Supporter" and "I Support Stephan Harper" app. But both are very simplistic... so i'm considering making new ones or contacting the authors of the current ones and seeing if they want help improving theirs.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:31 pm

Canadaka! What is so bloody great about Facebook anyhow.

It's a myspace by a different name. NO???

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:40 pm

No way! Myspace is the aids of the internet, its horrible coded full of security problems, looks like shit and is slower than heck.

Facebook is the complete opposite, its fast and well made, simplistic and not ugly. The facebook platform for devlopers is also super powerful. You can build apps and have access to millions of potential users.

Personaly I love Facebook as a user as well, virtually everyone I know is on there now, even my mom! So its a great way to keep in touch. Me and my friends use the "events" to organize trips and parties all the time.

Why am I spending time making facebook apps and stuff? Well because its kinda fun and neat. Not sure if it will have an really benefit far as revenue or even traffic for CKA. I don't plan on running ads on any of my apps, but hopefully some traffic will spill over from them to CKA from links on the app pages. I think developers are still trying to figure out how to make money from it, but I find apps with ads and shit pretty annoying, so i don't add them to mine.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:02 pm

Canadaka wrote:
Myspace is the aids of the internet

That's a sig!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:17 pm

Canadaka wrote:
No way! Myspace is the aids of the internet, its horrible coded full of security problems, looks like shit and is slower than heck.

Facebook is the complete opposite, its fast and well made, simplistic and not ugly. The facebook platform for devlopers is also super powerful. You can build apps and have access to millions of potential users.

Personaly I love Facebook as a user as well, virtually everyone I know is on there now, even my mom! So its a great way to keep in touch. Me and my friends use the "events" to organize trips and parties all the time.

Why am I spending time making facebook apps and stuff? Well because its kinda fun and neat. Not sure if it will have an really benefit far as revenue or even traffic for CKA. I don't plan on running ads on any of my apps, but hopefully some traffic will spill over from them to CKA from links on the app pages. I think developers are still trying to figure out how to make money from it, but I find apps with ads and shit pretty annoying, so i don't add them to mine.

Yeah I setup a profile ages ago, never used it.

Just logged in and checked it out, and I guess you're right it's pretty cool.

My email was picked up by a few old acquaintances I had forgot about. Old email address.

So can we tie our CKA profiles to facebook?

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:53 pm

Quote:
So can we tie our CKA profiles to facebook?

Well yes kinda, with the 'CKA Facebook App':
http://apps.facebook.com/canadakicksass/
You can show some of your CKA profile info, like recent posts, blogs, photos, medals, rank. I have plans to improve the app, heh just so many things to do!

You can also add yourself as a CKA fan, and it will show so on your profile: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=27750055112

I have been working on the flipside, getting facebook info on the CKA profiles, but i havn't found a way yet without having to make the visitor login to facebook... And many cka visitors won't have a facebook account, so it would make many cka profile pages broken. I'm trying to figure it out using an "infinite session key".

There is a 'facebook id' field in your CKA profile, filling this out will just add a simple link on your profile to your facebook page.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:15 am

Nice..

Attachments:
cka.gif
cka.gif [ 8.05 KiB | Viewed 506 times ]
Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:53 pm

Cool, my facebook pages are starting to get trackion now that they come up in the search/directory.

Stéphane Dion Page has 117 fans now and growing at over 20 a day right now.

NDP page has 48, growing at 5 a day.

Canadian Hottie app has 1,158 users with 524 new in the last 24 hours!

And my 'Liberal Supporter' app has 468 users now, 100 in the last 24 hours.

My hopes are that some traffic from these will spill over to here.