CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33600
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:53 am
 


It's the old "smile when you say that" thing. But nobody can see you smile on a forum. (And I think adding a smiley is just bullshit). You can probably get the same point across in a way, that, frankly, doesn't make you look like an ass. It weakens your argument if you are seen as needing to make threats, even if they're not real. Maybe it's a military thing, understood to just be a form of joke, except non of the other ex-military here do it.

Anyway, as I say, maybe Zip was tired of the place anyway and just used this as the push to make him leave.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 31052
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:00 am
 


BartSimpson wrote:
For the record: If I ever really intended harm to anyone the last thing I'd do is given them a heads-up of what's to come.

Therefore anything that could be interpreted as a threat from me is not.


That's pretty much how I interpret things. I don't put anything on the Internet that I don't want to see used as evidence at my trial.

If I were planning the Revolution, the second last thing I'd do is write it down. And the last thing I'd do it post it to the Internet. :lol:


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 30437
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:02 am
 


BartSimpson wrote:
For the record: If I ever really intended harm to anyone the last thing I'd do is given them a heads-up of what's to come.

8O This better not mean I have to change our door locks right side out. :evil:

You could do like the Fonz and message Mr. Fish with a sss sss ssso .... :)


Last edited by Tyler_1 on Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 30437
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:04 am
 


andyt wrote:
(And I think adding a smiley is just bullshit).

I think not adding a smiley is just cow patties. :D


Online
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 27241
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:58 am
 


I hope we've cleared the air enough here that Zippy can see this is all pretty honest and has a change of heart about leaving.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 63005
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:59 am
 


Tyler_1 wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
For the record: If I ever really intended harm to anyone the last thing I'd do is given them a heads-up of what's to come.

8O This better not mean I have to change our door locks right side out. :evil:

You could do like the Fonz and message Mr. Fish with a sss sss ssso .... :)


I hope that I don't offend you with this but I just don't think you have it in you to get to the level that attracts my full, complete, and undivided attention.

(You're just too nice! Deal with it! :D )


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 63005
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:02 am
 


andyt wrote:
I'm going to ask straight out - are you the guy that caused a member to leave because of perceived threats? You've certainly made what could be seen as threats on the forum.


You made me strain my brain and I recall the last time you proposed that I had made a threat to you that I assured you that I was not at all a threat to you and that if anyone else was a threat to you that I was not a threat to them, either. 8)


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 12434
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:20 pm
 


There are many types of threats and veiled threats are no less "threats". Bart's record on threatening others in this manner is atrocious, whether he had any real intention behind them or not. It's not free speech and it's unacceptable. I don't know if Bart has been allowed to get away with this because of his financial contributions and/or his long tenure here or some other reason, but the fact remains he has and that is one of the main reasons my participation on the forums has been greatly reduced over the past 2 years.



Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 63005
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:26 pm
 


Lemmy wrote:
I don't know if Bart has been allowed to get away with this because of his financial contributions


I'm not picking a fight with you here when I say this:

This whole nonsense over my contributions wouldn't even be an issue if the rest of you contributed as well. :idea:

Seriously, I invite the opportunity to become irrelevant when my donations are reduced to a mere fraction of what everyone else does.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 12434
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:30 pm
 


BartSimpson wrote:
I'm not picking a fight with you here when I say this:

This whole nonsense over my contributions wouldn't even be an issue if the rest of you contributed as well. :idea:

Seriously, I invite the opportunity to become irrelevant when my donations are reduced to a mere fraction of what everyone else does.

I'm not picking a fight with you either when I say this:
I'll start donating again if the site returns to something like it used to be. For that to happen, it's you (and Fiddly, 2Cdo and Martin) who need to step up and mend your ways. If this is going to remain a place of bigotry and bullying then it's not something I want to preserve, let alone fund.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 63005
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:52 pm
 


Lemmy wrote:
If this is going to remain a place of bigotry and bullying


If that's your condition then you'd have to change/go, too. :|

There's also the thing that posts and opinions you do not like do not all constitute genuine bigotry or bullying.

Really, that whole bigot/racist thing has been so overplayed that anymore no one gives a shit about it, even people like yourself who just use it as a weapon in conversation while not really giving a crap about any actual bigotry.

When I hear 'bigot' or 'racist' these days what I actually hear is "Shut up! Your opinion is not valid!"

Which is itself a form of bullying.

:idea:


Online
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 27241
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:18 pm
 


Lemmy wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
I'm not picking a fight with you here when I say this:

This whole nonsense over my contributions wouldn't even be an issue if the rest of you contributed as well. :idea:

Seriously, I invite the opportunity to become irrelevant when my donations are reduced to a mere fraction of what everyone else does.

I'm not picking a fight with you either when I say this:
I'll start donating again if the site returns to something like it used to be. For that to happen, it's you (and Fiddly, 2Cdo and Martin) who need to step up and mend your ways. If this is going to remain a place of bigotry and bullying then it's not something I want to preserve, let alone fund.


Be kind of boring if everyone got along over everything. If I wanted that I'd be posting on Facebook under my real name exchanging recipes or talking about the fish I almost caught while I was up at the lake cottage. Contention is what makes this place fun. Maybe we all go overboard every once in a while but to me that's the entertaining part. I'd leave if CKA was no longer like that, because when it comes to important issues I don't want to live in a Care-Bears kind of world.


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Ottawa Senators


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1686
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:40 pm
 


Quote:
Bart's record on threatening others in this manner is atrocious, whether he had any real intention behind them or not. Bart's record on threatening others in this manner is atrocious, whether he had any real intention behind them or not.


Really?

I'd like to see this 'atrocious' manner of which you speak - sounds like you're living your life under a rock, fearful of Bart and, well, his et al I suppose.

Now you have my good self looking forward to reading these threats - just the ones against you though - the others, I assume, can speak for themselves.

I've been a member since /04 - never observed Bart threatening you or the 'others' - whoever they may be.

So, cough 'em up, Lemmy - or, you know the rest. . . .


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 22553
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:43 pm
 


Lemmy wrote:
For that to happen, it's you (and Fiddly, 2Cdo and Martin) who need to step up and mend your ways. If this is going to remain a place of bigotry and bullying then it's not something I want to preserve, let alone fund.


Again, I get called to a thread where I don't want to be.

I have nothing to do with any of what this thread is actually supposed to be about. What am I doing here?

Responding to some liar, known for this lying, who wants to make something personal.

Very well, here's my story again. I left the site for awhile, I came back and the board was dead. More so than now. It's busy now compared to what it was at that time.

Another thing I noticed was some new idiot appeared to be stalking me.

I didn't notice it at first. He was a sneaky, and gutless little thing.

He was using those marks to attack me. I forget what they're called. Those things some allow below their user name. I didn't really pay attention to them, but one day I did and I see this guy is spending a lot of time following me around making these marks, largely because he can then add a little gutless insult to the mark that I can't respond to. They're not on the open board. I tried to ignore them, but I couldn't help myself I started checking out those marks. He continued and apparently these things can be read by others. Others who found themselves sitting on their digital asses in open debate discovered it was safer joining the clown parade of snark and snot where they didn't have to be worried about a respone. I had to deal.

So I closed the ability to make those marks and waited for the original moron. I know a stalker can't leave you alone. I didn't have to wait long. He invented a new MO, where he would wait until a time where I was involved in discussing an actual issue on the open board, then he would slip quickly in with diversionary, off-topic snark, snot, or outright insult. I didn't stop my debate to address the attacks at first. They weren't that good so why bother.

Finally though, I had to stop discussing the issue and start dealing with the moron. He was relentless, you see. So I would stop my discussion, turn and deal with the little minor menace.

I discovered why he was so afraid of just discussing the subject. He was pretty lame. Once challenged he didn't seem to know much, yet he claimed to be a Professor. And this tool who had been exerting so much energy trying to shut me up was claiming to be a Libertarian. You know? The free speech guys. The guy was full of it, and there was no actual there, there.

So now I get called to another thread where I don't want to be by the same idiot. I guess he thought he was safe here to send out a little more of his snarky snot. He's dumb enough to believe that because he didn't see me, I wasn't there. Like playing peekaboo with a baby.

But I have to respond now. I've learned if I don't, it doesn't stop. Better to just keep driving him deeper into the shadows every time he attacks.

And if this sounds harsh, oh well. The guy gets nothing he doesn't ask for, and if I'm too gentle I've learned that he doesn't. Learn, I mean...


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 10717
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:28 pm
 


Lemmy wrote:
There are many types of threats and veiled threats are no less "threats". Bart's record on threatening others in this manner is atrocious, whether he had any real intention behind them or not. It's not free speech and it's unacceptable. I don't know if Bart has been allowed to get away with this because of his financial contributions and/or his long tenure here or some other reason, but the fact remains he has and that is one of the main reasons my participation on the forums has been greatly reduced over the past 2 years.



For once, we agree!


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.