canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:43 am

I took this photo of this charming starling from the window of my computer room... He stayed on our roof for at least 3 hours not venturing more then 20 feet from the area he is perched on...

He was most charming and entertaining to watch....

Attachments:
Starling-01.jpg
Starling-01.jpg [ 81.35 KiB | Viewed 91 times ]
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:53 am

Very impressive and beautiful shots PDT_Armataz_01_34

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:51 am

And I took this photo with my window closed. Meaning I was shooting through a dual pane of glass... I would have opened the bottom half of the window but I would have to move the screen up & out of the way. Surely the noise of moving the screen would have frightened this fellow away....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:07 pm

The first one is stunning, great lighting, angle, you name it!

R=UP

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:11 pm

stemmer stemmer:
And I took this photo with my window closed. Meaning I was shooting through a dual pane of glass....
Oh yea? You free to wash windows this weekend?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:14 pm

stemmer stemmer:
And I took this photo with my window closed. Meaning I was shooting through a dual pane of glass... I would have opened the bottom half of the window but I would have to move the screen up & out of the way. Surely the noise of moving the screen would have frightened this fellow away....

When I first saw it, I thought it was a painting, the way the details come out.
Maybe the closed window explains the effect.

Almost... Robert Bateman like.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:26 pm

Fantastic picture, stemmer! You are very talented. And may I add that you keep your gutters in immaculate condition.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:49 pm

Software used - Vue Pro Studio 7, Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 ver 7 & free 3D models of gears from Google Sketchup's Warehouse...

Whenever I'm in a thread with mtbr & Hurley_108, I always feel like their giving me the gears.... :D :D :D

Just joking... it's blokes like those two that make this a fun place to visit and I appreciate their good spirited debating....

Attachments:
FW50=Pile-of-Gears=KRM.jpg
FW50=Pile-of-Gears=KRM.jpg [ 216.42 KiB | Viewed 103 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:54 pm

R=UP ...nice work

this place is a blast as long as you don't take it too seriously :lol:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:28 am

Thnaks mtbr.... I really enjoy how you & Hurley can always keep things friendly and polite even when we strongly disagree on some hot topics... You guys have class... I welcome you tow blokes sense of humour and fair play... :D :D :D :D

...now I'm off to debate why Chevys are 10x better then Toyotas....and why I hate the Make Me Laughs.... :D :D :D :D

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 7:18 pm

I modeled a very basic 3D mesh in Curvy 3D 1.5 which I rendered untextured & with no terrain in Vue Pro Studio...

I then brought the render into Corel Painter IX.5 where I painted over the render. The rider is hand drawn by me in Painter using an reference image... The terrain and plants are also all hand drawn by me in Painter.... The dragonfly was clone painted in Painter from a free stock photo from Stock.Xchng http://www.sxc.hu..

Cheers

Kenmo aka Stemmer

Attachments:
FW51=The-Traveler=KRM.jpg
FW51=The-Traveler=KRM.jpg [ 143.34 KiB | Viewed 135 times ]
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:54 am

Please view enlarged....

I imagined an alternative reality world where explorers like Columbus journey to the new world not in sea going ships but ships of the air...

I created the image in Corel Painter IX.5.

I used this free stock photo for the waterfall
http://www.sxc.hu/photo/1129572
Using Painter's cloning brushes, it was painted into a blank canvas...

The water, birds, distant trees & terrain were hand painted by me in Painter...

The airship I modeled in Hexagon 2.5 and Wings3D. The base mesh was brought into Vue Pro Studio and rendered untextured....

Using Paint Shop Pro X2 Ulitmate I merged the airship into waterfall painting... I then painted over the airship in Painter...

I later added the two distant airships using the same techique as on the nearer airship...

Happy Easter everyone

Kenmo / aka Stemmer

Attachments:
FW52=Arrival=KRM.jpg
FW52=Arrival=KRM.jpg [ 146.03 KiB | Viewed 143 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:52 pm

That's awesome!

I like the lone sentinal on the top of the waterfall if thats what that is.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:17 pm

Thanks kindly... I'm glad you picked out the sentinal as I was afraid he would not stand out well enough...

Cheers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:30 pm

stemmer stemmer:
Thanks kindly... I'm glad you picked out the sentinal as I was afraid he would not stand out well enough...

Cheers

a sentinal from the village,to greet the new arrivals,looks like a lamp or staff in his hands. :wink:

That's why I like this one,it tells a story to me based on what you said and what I see.
You got the scenario going with the explorers and the rest is left up to the viewers imagination when you see the sentinal.

[B-o]

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 ... 19  Next