canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:14 am

:|

Last edited by Public_Domain on Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Los Angeles Kings
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:30 am

The art is brilliant. Communism itself is kind of like an orgy however; great on paper, but not so great in practice. It's paradise on paper, but in the real world, it just leads to the Berlin Wall. At least there's a good party when the wall comes down. That's true comradeship.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:48 am

Last edited by Public_Domain on Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Los Angeles Kings
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:06 am

I don't think there is anything in Communism that brings out the worst in people, which is why I said it was great on paper. Capitalism is great on paper as well. Business are started when people pool their resources to provide a product or a service. If the business charges too much, it will loose customers and a new business will spring up. Successful, innovative businesses will hire employees and pay top wages to keep them from working somewhere else.

Of course, capitalism, like communism, is often corrupted by human nature. CEOs and Politburo members tend to get greedy in positions of power.

I personally would choose capitalism because so far it has a better track record in the real world. Workers in the United States and Canada are treated far better than in real-world communist nations. Access to healthcare is a problem in the US, but once in a hospital, the care is incredible; I wouldn't feel the same in a workers hospital in China. I also look at the eagerness of the lowest classes in real-world communist nations to come to capitalist ones. Little Havana in Miami and people fleeing to West Berlin before the wall are good examples. Migrations the other way are almost non-existent.

Finally, I would choose a capitalist system as while the choices in healthcare, services, transport, products, etc. may be extremely limited or all not ideal, at least there's a choice. In a planned economy and state-run society, if The Man or the party screws you over, you're out of options.

P.S. Being in the aerospace industry, I've seen the scrapheaps the USSR "worker's paradise" tried to call airplanes and rockets. If that's the best they can do, I want no part of it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:30 am

Last edited by Public_Domain on Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:55 am

Communism can never succeed as a type of government, only as a society. It has to come from individuals agreeing to work together for the betterment of the community and themselves. It requires 100% true democracy, no representatives. Every individual member has to be equal and has to have an equal say in any and all decision made in the community/society. It's a system that only works on the small scale. It's a grass roots movement, not something that can be imposed on anyone....people have to want it.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:58 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Communism can never succeed as a type of government, only as a society.
Only as a society too, because you will never give a half of your house to poor alcoholic.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:51 pm

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
New one.

"Not a Commodity": This one is a bit more Anti-Capitalist, and also calls for unity among the world. We're all human, no one is better then anyone else, no one is for sale.

^

Owns.

R=UP

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:50 pm

Last edited by Public_Domain on Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:34 am

All afro are capitalists? 8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:00 pm

That's not Communist Art. You haven't even drawn one tractor yet! :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber