Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:27 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Calman Calman:
...that true Scottish feel? :)

If anyone can help you with a true Scottish feel I'm sure it'll be NovaChick! :wink:

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:32 pm

A beach in Pictou Nova Scotia. The best Fish and Chips are at John's Lunch on Pleasant Street in Dartmouth. The clams and chips are also awesome and the clams come from Digby and are huge. My second choice is Warf Rats in the Eastern Passage, expensive but the fish is crispy and fresh right off the long liners at the Warf.

Attachments:
IMG_0042_1.JPG
IMG_0042_1.JPG [ 506.5 KiB | Viewed 197 times ]
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:52 pm

Yes, Scrappy. The fish and chips at Wharf Wraps is also good located in Fisherman's Cove, Eastern Passage. The board walk right beside Fisherman's Cove is a great place to sit and watch the sun come up or go down as well.

http://www.fishermanscove.ns.ca/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:01 pm

Well maybe if NovaChick "plaid" herself, she might represent some scottish - hem hem, howeva with a wee name like Heather, born in Dartmouth me-self, aye wee one, there's just a wee more than scottish in me, love the pic scrappers and do you have any idea how long it's been since I've had clams and chips - one day I'll get home, I Still have 2 neices and most of my aunts and uncles on my mom's side living there, so I guess it would be a good enuff reason to visit eh?
'Nd to think how "cheap" per say property use to be there, kinda deterred the rest of Canada from tourism, but hey lass, now look at 'em prices! I luv B.C. - Ab has such a variety of terrain, the prairies are the prairies, On has the lakes, Qc has lotsa frogs (all jokes aside) N.B. is still quite under-developed, PEI sadly Americanized and ah alas, the beauty of Nova Scotia and all it's "beach front property" - not to mention friendly down home folks! *now i'm homesick and will go away pouting.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:07 pm

novachick novachick:
Best fish and chips Johns Lunch Pleasant Street in Darmouth...just a small whole in the wall, no Scottish cultural flavor. Just the best fish and chips, clams and chips in the HRM. I'm not much of a bar/pub person I'll leave that up to Bluenose to help you there!
We had this chat the other day in another thread :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:14 pm

Don't know if it's still there, but the Captain's Cabin in Digby had some of the best fish and chips, homemade, clam chowder and deep fried clam strips. They also served homemade bread with every meal. The ice cream pizza was great too.