Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:25 am

How funny that an anti-bully thread ends up to be the epitome of the problem.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:32 am

Gunnair Gunnair:
Thanks. I'll be sure to check in with you in the future if I feels so compelled to care.

Oh so you admit that you're nothing but a troll and you don't care.

As I've witnessed many times on this forum (I may not post a whole lot, doesn't mean I'm not here) that there's alot of trolling and bullying that goes on at CKA that gets overlooked by the mods on a regular basis. Seems like online forums are a microcosm for secondary school. "Boys will be boys", "We gotta give them space", teachers and mods say.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:33 am

Gunnair Gunnair:
Speaking of pathetic. You've joined ranks of Eureka and McGuyver in seeking like minded clones to bully your own viewpoint which if one dares disagree with will draw out the ire and attacks. You can play the holier-than-thou as much as you wish, but before you label anyone a bully, review your own sordid posting history.

As far as speculation, the only speculation is that you're an angry little prat that likes to argue and bully people into your way of thinking.

And before you think I'm trying to bully you into my way of thinking, I'll offer the harsh reality that I don't honestly care what any of you or your ilk think. You are more than entitled to your simplistic opinions.

I don't think I've ever formed an "alliance" with either of those people or quite frankly ever even defended their arguments. Apart from the fact that the 3 of us are generally "left of centre" I dont even think that there's a high incedence of us posting on the same threads, let alone parroting and cheerleading eachother's ideas like you and your social club does. If anything, I'm excessively contrarian, not a pack-following cheerleader seeking the like-minded.

Again, you're just projecting your behaviour onto others. After all, why are you even on this thread, given that you haven't contributed to the discussion topic at hand. You're here just to be a salty old prick. I know you don't care what anyone thinks of you, but the newsflash is that nobody cares what you think of them either. So what's your purpose for being here???

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:35 am

Brenda Brenda:
How funny that an anti-bully thread ends up to be the epitome of the problem.

Ironic.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:54 am

jason700 jason700:
Gunnair Gunnair:
Thanks. I'll be sure to check in with you in the future if I feels so compelled to care.

Oh so you admit that you're nothing but a troll and you don't care.

As I've witnessed many times on this forum (I may not post a whole lot, doesn't mean I'm not here) that there's alot of trolling and bullying that goes on at CKA that gets overlooked by the mods on a regular basis. Seems like online forums are a microcosm for secondary school. "Boys will be boys", "We gotta give them space", teachers and mods say.

No, it's that I don't care what you think, Jason. It's not more complicated than that. Sorry your feelings are so easily hurt. If you think the mods are doing a poor job, take them to task, or you can hide in the shadows and pop out to take
a drive by shot at them and the efforts they make.

Last edited by Gunnair on Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:16 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Gunnair Gunnair:
Speaking of pathetic. You've joined ranks of Eureka and McGuyver in seeking like minded clones to bully your own viewpoint which if one dares disagree with will draw out the ire and attacks. You can play the holier-than-thou as much as you wish, but before you label anyone a bully, review your own sordid posting history.

As far as speculation, the only speculation is that you're an angry little prat that likes to argue and bully people into your way of thinking.

And before you think I'm trying to bully you into my way of thinking, I'll offer the harsh reality that I don't honestly care what any of you or your ilk think. You are more than entitled to your simplistic opinions.

I don't think I've ever formed an "alliance" with either of those people or quite frankly ever even defended their arguments. Apart from the fact that the 3 of us are generally "left of centre" I dont even think that there's a high incedence of us posting on the same threads, let alone parroting and cheerleading eachother's ideas like you and your social club does. If anything, I'm excessively contrarian, not a pack-following cheerleader seeking the like-minded.

Again, you're just projecting your behaviour onto others. After all, why are you even on this thread, given that you haven't contributed to the discussion topic at hand. You're here just to be a salty old prick. I know you don't care what anyone thinks of you, but the newsflash is that nobody cares what you think of them either. So what's your purpose for being here???

Taking you to task on your own bit of bullying, I guess. You don't like it and most bullies don't when they are confronted.

Fact is, I think the Clarke strategy is wrong headed and will do little where bullying us at its worst - high school. I've offered, like others have, their own experience on how to deal with bullies (but you dismiss that as a Hollywood fantasy and try to bully your own point if view) and I agree that that approach is not a panacea but nor is the Clarke strategy which will have minimal effect on bullying in social media which is the new base of attack.

You see, I'm offering my experience, but you dismissed that long before I had the chance, hence me opting instead to take you to task. Maybe that's why you get taken to task do often instead of politely debated with. A review of your confrontational posts, dismissive attitude and bullying tactics explains clearly why you garner the responses you get than the pathetic notion that you are offered - that if being left of centre. That's truly pathetic.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:46 am

Gunnair Gunnair:
BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Gunnair Gunnair:

Taking you to task on your own bit of bullying, I guess. You don't like it and most bullies don't when they are confronted.

Fact is, I think the Clarke strategy is wrong headed and will do little where bullying us at its worst - high school. I've offered, like others have, their own experience on how to deal with bullies (but you dismiss that as a Hollywood fantasy and try to bully your own point if view) and I agree that that approach is not a panacea but nor is the Clarke strategy which will have minimal effect on bullying in social media which is the new base of attack.

You see, I'm offering my experience, but you dismissed that long before I had the chance, hence me opting instead to take you to task. Maybe that's why you get taken to task do often instead of politely debated with. A review of your confrontational posts, dismissive attitude and bullying tactics explains clearly why you garner the responses you get than the pathetic notion that you are offered - that if being left of centre. That's truly pathetic.

Do you honestly believe your own horseshit?

Yeah - I'm the bully and you and your friends are little victims just trying to defend themselves. I didn't give you a chance to express your ideas before attacking you? YOU engaged ME, not the other way around. Your first post in this thread was "Fuck off". You didn't make any real contribution to the discussion until today, several posts and many insults after you first chimed in on the thread. Remember that.

I don't get in many flame wars, nor havethat many confrontational posts, cetainly not more than you. A good 50% of what you contribute on this forum is insults directed at other members. You insult-to-comment ratio on CKA has got to be around 2:1. You're one of the worst offenders on this forum. So take a look at your own glass house before you start casting stones. You started the $26 Tim Horton's thread with the only value-add comment from you being an attack on Andy.

Fine, I was insensitive when I dismissed some of the opinions that have posted here and someone got their feelings hurt. Call the Waaaambulance. You and do this in most of the threads you participate in, now you're crying because you can dish it out but you can't take a dose of your own medicine. If anyone's the bully its you pal.

FTR, I didn't say the Clarke plan was a panacea. My words were that I wasn't sure if it would work, but the schoolboard and Ministry officially getting involved, recognizing their role in the issue, and developing a formal policy on it is a step in the right direction.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:55 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
You started the $26 Tim Horton's thread with the only value-add comment from you being an attack on Andy.

Hey, that shows how successful I've been - Gunnair doesn't even need me to make his idiotic posts, just arguing with himself. It's a forum safety device, keeps him within his own autistic little world.

But that post is a classic example of a strawman. Yours on this forum wasn't, unless you consider all Toewsing to be strawman arguments. And as I say, you put it in the form of a question, so it was neither. It gives the other side a chance to rebut it.

Last edited by andyt on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:58 am

You're as big a bully as any on these forums but you whine like a list o' whistles when you're caught.

But that's what bullies do.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:02 am

Yeah, ok pal. I don' t think you'll find much support for that idea, outside of your little cheerleader gang that is.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:10 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
Yeah, ok pal. I don' t think you'll find much support for that idea, outside of your little cheerleader gang that is.

You're own little following will no doubt reinforce your current whinefest so I guess it's a stalemate.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:10 am

When my kids do this to each other, I send them both to their rooms...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:11 am

Brenda Brenda:
When my kids do this to each other, I send them both to their rooms...

Ha!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:12 am

I have a following? Who would that be? Please name names, I'm dying to know!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:14 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
FTR, I didn't say the Clarke plan was a panacea. My words were that I wasn't sure if it would work, but the schoolboard and Ministry officially getting involved, recognizing their role in the issue, and developing a formal policy on it is a step in the right direction.

One problem with this policy (along with all schoolboard anti-bullying policy) is that bullying usually doesn't happen where anyone on a school staff can do anything about it. If it happens AT school, it happens when staff aren't looking. It happens in hallways and outside the building in areas that aren't supervised. Bullied students usually don't go running to teachers to report these incidents, especially at the secondary level.

Another problem is that teachers get frustrated with administration. Teachers inform principals about incidents of bullying and it's at the ADMINISTRATIVE level where it gets minimized (PA9's comment about the guitar-strumming principal was perfectly apt). It's not the classroom teachers that are dropping the ball on this one.