CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:01 pm

... i happened to see a discarded cigarette package on the road and when i took a closer look at it i saw that it had a picture of a person with their mouth open whose tongue was all swelled up with these horrible tumors and blisters on it. it was totally disgusting!

... is it disrespectful for the government to target cigarette smokers only with such disturbingly graphic warnings? or are such heavy-handed warnings warranted? i feel it's not fair to smokers to have to look at obscene images when they purchase smokes ...

... any comments?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:03 pm

Really they should hand those things out in high school. Just show various gruesone dead people pix with the warning that "If you have a child, this is how it will end up."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:09 pm

... if i was a smoker i'd be up in arms about the disrespect the government shows 'em! they hate the cigarette smokers but they sure love those pot smokers, don't they? on one hand they say cigarettes are poison, yet they say reefer is medicine. what a bunch of whackos in government!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:16 pm

Yet marijuana is illegal and cigarettes are not... Cigarette butts litter every square fucking inch of this country, a god damn sea of carcinogenic orange and white. Marijuana smokers hide out in fucking alleys or their basement so they don't piss off their neighbour or get attacked by a cop.

Cigarette smokers sure have a plight to deal with, still be able to smoke outdoors and breathe that shit into their neighbors yard if they so wish.

Next up, alcohol abusers are up in arms over the bigot term "alcoholism", saying that it's discrimitory and that restrictions on blood alcohol limits are just too damn draconian.

:roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:22 pm

there are no limits on alcohol consumption, only on how much someone operating a motor vehicle is allowed to consume. Pot smokers will face similar restrictions, once it is legalized. As long as they aren't operating a motor vehicle, they can smoke as much as they want in the privacy of their home.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:22 pm

... the images on cigarette packs are malicious! other warnings issued by the government don't use images that look like they were created in some hollywood horror movie special effects factory! :D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:24 pm

Thing is, it isn't Hollywood....those are actual side effects from smoking

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:29 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Thing is, it isn't Hollywood....those are actual side effects from smoking

... thanks for your reply. but the images simply don't look real to me. here's an example:

... in my opinion it just amounts to abuse of the customer who bought the smokes ...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:10 pm

There's also this study to consider...

Graphic images 'don't deter young smokers'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-23963559

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:36 pm

No.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:20 pm

I got a good idea!
Charge sales tax on Nicorettes and patches and quit smoking aids. Ban e-cigarettes because they might use nicotine. Force people trying to quit to buy packages of 25 or more.
And for God's sakes don't let any quit smoking aids be covered by your medical plan and make sure to start a groundswell to cut smoker's right off medicare. I mean SHIT they don't pay a nickel in extra taxes, why should they get cancer treatment for free?
Follow it all up by making Charter Rights for junkies, criminals, AIDS carriers and people who can only gibber like a coyote and dress in gunny sacks. Then you can discriminate against smokers and fat people legally.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:19 pm

The photos don't faze me. at all. maybe at first, but now, I'm desensitised.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:24 pm

postmaster postmaster:
... i happened to see a discarded cigarette package on the road and when i took a closer look at it i saw that it had a picture of a person with their mouth open whose tongue was all swelled up with these horrible tumors and blisters on it. it was totally disgusting!

... is it disrespectful for the government to target cigarette smokers only with such disturbingly graphic warnings? or are such heavy-handed warnings warranted? i feel it's not fair to smokers to have to look at obscene images when they purchase smokes ...

... any comments?

It doesn't work.

It didn't work before

It won't work in the future.

Just more stupidity of the nanny state.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:25 pm

herbie herbie:
I got a good idea!
Charge sales tax on Nicorettes and patches and quit smoking aids. Ban e-cigarettes because they might use nicotine. Force people trying to quit to buy packages of 25 or more.
And for God's sakes don't let any quit smoking aids be covered by your medical plan and make sure to start a groundswell to cut smoker's right off medicare. I mean SHIT they don't pay a nickel in extra taxes, why should they get cancer treatment for free?
Follow it all up by making Charter Rights for junkies, criminals, AIDS carriers and people who can only gibber like a coyote and dress in gunny sacks. Then you can discriminate against smokers and fat people legally.

+5

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:32 pm

herbie herbie:
I got a good idea!

Wait a couple months. On week 5 of 8 of a Patch routine. Not entirely sure if I'll be done smoking for good afterwards, but I can at least see myself succeeding this time