Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:13 pm

Clogeroo Clogeroo:
$1:
Nowadays the bigotted idiots vote Conservative.

Yes

Glad to see we agree. :P

Clogeroo Clogeroo:
and forming a party based around the Chinese race isn't?

Will membership in this new party be open only to people in the Chinese community? The article doesn't mention anything about that one way or the other.

And if the idea is to encourage them to participate in the political process rather than be isolated, it could be helpful in integrating them into the larger community.

Until I know more, I'll go with Michael Byers on this one.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:21 pm

Streaker Streaker:
And if the idea is to encourage them to participate in the political process rather than be isolated, it could be helpful in integrating them into the larger community.

$1:
Chen -- who says he has been asked to join the federal Liberals, but turned them down -- said the new party wants to help improve the lot of immigrant workers and to promote Chinese family values and safer communities

Yep that says it all right there, a fed party in Canada NOPE not good enough, a Chinese party in Canada, thats what he wants.

If thats not a huge dump on Canada I don't know what is.

This should open the doors for indo party and a islamic party in Canada.

Yep you Liberals are going to regret the muliculture crap you planted 30 years ago.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:26 pm

You're really a Liberal just pretending to be a Conservative in order to make them look like retards, aren't you, hwhwhanker? :roll: :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:30 pm

Streaker Streaker:
You're really a Liberal just pretending to be a Conservative in order to make them look like retards, aren't you, hwhwhanker? :roll: :lol:

No I’m just pointing out the obvious to the blind liberals like you.

The best is always the "I told you so" which is coming, trust me.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:40 pm

hwacker hwacker:
Streaker Streaker:

No I’m just pointing out the obvious to the blind liberals like you.

The best is always the "I told you so" which is coming, trust me.

Oh, I see: You're looking forward to a terrorist attack in Canada so you Cons will be better able to introduce the police state of your wet dreams.

Or maybe it's just so a little man such as yourself can go on an internet site and say "I told you so".

You're truly pathetic. PDT_Armataz_01_33

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:03 pm

Strange that the Chinese community should think that the only way to get heard is to form their own party. It's nice to see that all the Liberals lies and bullshit about multiculturalism being the "be all end all" didn't work. Well I guess it's back to the drawing board for the enlightened ones, since their thirty years of social engineering is going down the tubes, just like their party.

[cry]

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:04 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Strange that the Chinese community should think that the only way to get heard is to form their own party. It's nice to see that all the Liberals lies and bullshit about multiculturalism being the "be all end all" didn't work. Well I guess it's back to the drawing board for the enlightened ones, since their thirty years of social engineering is going down the tubes, just like their party.

[cry]

and it said that where in the article?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:16 pm

GerryHurt GerryHurt:
Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:

[cry]

and it said that where in the article?

You need to be hit over the head to figure that out too?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:21 pm

Read between the lines.
$1:
Chen -- who says he has been asked to join the federal Liberals, but turned them down -- said the new party wants to help improve the lot of immigrant workers and to promote Chinese family values and safer communities

$1:
Victor Wong, who heads the Toronto-based Chinese Canadian National Council, said the impetus behind the new party is a comment on the fact that traditional parties often run minority candidates in ridings they have no hope of winning.

From these two statements it would appear that no one is listening to what the Chinese community considers "their concerns". Strange though since I was always told by Liberals that their brand of mutlitculturalism, created the most racially equal society in the world. I guess some minorities don't see it that way and think the only way they can get equal footing in politics is start their own party.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:45 pm

$1:
Will membership in this new party be open only to people in the Chinese community? The article doesn't mention anything about that one way or the other.

Until I know more, I'll go with Michael Byers on this one.

Of course everyone should feel welcome in a party that promotes benefits for immigrants (Chinese people) and “Chinese family values” (Whatever happened to Canadian ones?). Every English white Canadian should be thrilled to have a party like this or would feel so welcome having it in their legislature representing them. Maybe in your crazy naive world but in the real world to put it into context maybe we should create the English Party of Canada to promote English immigration and English family values. Or even create a White Pride Party. If that happened we would have every tom, dick, and chan coming out against it saying it is discriminatory and not including all peoples.

I don’t see how this will assimilate anyone to be part of the “larger community” it sounds more like they want to bring their old community here and keep it here and make a party to protect it here. I suppose this is the future though the French started it and the Indians followed now everyone else is going to rise up together and promote their ethnic backgrounds too. Rather than having a political system divided by political views or opinions on how to run things now we are going to have one based upon people’s race and country of origin.

First the Chinese Party next will be the Greek Party in Toronto. Maybe once they all get together they will be demanding land claims for their ancestral settlements too. Of course all this segregation and division should be good for the country. After all that is what multiculturalism is, promoting every other culture but our own so we should pat our backs and be saying well done.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:41 am

ridenrain ridenrain:
$1:
John Bermingham, The Province
Published: Sunday, June 17, 2007
A new B.C. political party says it wants to bring a Chinese focus to provincial politics.

The four founders of the party all have such a background. They are Delta realtor and party leader Wei Ping Chen, along with a Burnaby student, a Surrey renovator and a Burnaby tourism guide.

Chen, 48, is a former university teacher in Beijing who came here in 2000. He says mainland Chinese immigrants tend not to vote in B.C. elections and to ignore local politics -- and he wants to change that.

"Some Chinese [say], 'We just focus [on] our family, and that's enough,'" said Chen, who spoke to The Province Friday in the games room of a Richmond condo.

Chen -- who says he has been asked to join the federal Liberals, but turned them down -- said the new party wants to help improve the lot of immigrant workers and to promote Chinese family values and safer communities.

Michael Byers, a politics expert at the Liu Institute of Global Issues, says he doesn't have a problem with a Chinese party in B.C.

"These are people exercising their rights in a democratic society," Byers said. "I haven't seen any indications that this party is racist."
"I would be very surprised if they were to elect even a single candidate," Byers said. "This is a clever advocacy ploy."

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/ ... 35ebce&p=1

No sir, I don't like it!

That's good enough for me.

If this country can havea party dedicated to ripping it apart, why not one to represent one of the largest visible minority groups in the country?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:50 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
ridenrain ridenrain:
$1:
A new B.C. political party says it wants to bring a Chinese focus to provincial politics.

The four founders of the party all have such a background. They are Delta realtor and party leader Wei Ping Chen, along with a Burnaby student, a Surrey renovator and a Burnaby tourism guide.

Chen, 48, is a former university teacher in Beijing who came here in 2000. He says mainland Chinese immigrants tend not to vote in B.C. elections and to ignore local politics -- and he wants to change that.

"Some Chinese [say], 'We just focus [on] our family, and that's enough,'" said Chen, who spoke to The Province Friday in the games room of a Richmond condo.

Chen -- who says he has been asked to join the federal Liberals, but turned them down -- said the new party wants to help improve the lot of immigrant workers and to promote Chinese family values and safer communities.

Michael Byers, a politics expert at the Liu Institute of Global Issues, says he doesn't have a problem with a Chinese party in B.C.

"These are people exercising their rights in a democratic society," Byers said. "I haven't seen any indications that this party is racist."
"I would be very surprised if they were to elect even a single candidate," Byers said. "This is a clever advocacy ploy."

No sir, I don't like it!

If this country can havea party dedicated to ripping it apart, why not one to represent one of the largest visible minority groups in the country?

Sure let them form their own country too.

WAIT they already have one. Go home and do this.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:50 am

Clogeroo Clogeroo:
Of course everyone should feel welcome in a party that promotes benefits for immigrants (Chinese people) and “Chinese family values” (Whatever happened to Canadian ones?). Every English white Canadian should be thrilled to have a party like this or would feel so welcome having it in their legislature representing them. Maybe in your crazy naive world but in the real world to put it into context maybe we should create the English Party of Canada to promote English immigration and English family values. Or even create a White Pride Party. If that happened we would have every tom, dick, and chan coming out against it saying it is discriminatory and not including all peoples.

I don’t see how this will assimilate anyone to be part of the “larger community” it sounds more like they want to bring their old community here and keep it here and make a party to protect it here. I suppose this is the future though the French started it and the Indians followed now everyone else is going to rise up together and promote their ethnic backgrounds too. Rather than having a political system divided by political views or opinions on how to run things now we are going to have one based upon people’s race and country of origin.

First the Chinese Party next will be the Greek Party in Toronto. Maybe once they all get together they will be demanding land claims for their ancestral settlements too. Of course all this segregation and division should be good for the country. After all that is what multiculturalism is, promoting every other culture but our own so we should pat our backs and be saying well done.

What's wrong with them wanting to preserve their heritage? Every second word out of your mouth is England this or England that. You have NO problem preserving your own heritage but are against others doing the same themselves? Can you spell hypocrite?

I don't agree with a party based on race or religion, but even political experts think they don't have a chance to even win a seat, much less an election. So what's the big deal? They'll likely get less votes than the old Rhino party...and I don't know about Vancouver (I've never been there during an election), but there are always a couple of Chinese people running for office in every election and their signs are plastered all over Chinatown.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:52 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
ridenrain ridenrain:
$1:

No sir, I don't like it!

SNAP! :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:53 am

hwacker hwacker:
bootlegga bootlegga:
ridenrain ridenrain:
$1:

No sir, I don't like it!

Sure let them form their own country too.

WAIT they already have one. Go home and do this.

Nice to see can argue worth a damn.

*sarcasm off*