bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:27 am

I have one problem with that article where it says "Are we ready?"

--When is anybody ever "Ready" when a catastrophe hits? Its not like we plan the events, we don't hurriedly reinforce the Fraser River dikes & then sit back & go "Okay I'm ready now Mother Nature, have at 'er"

Not only that, but I think I'd rather take the flood. (Yeah, weird eh?)

Think about it, what happens when you stick your thumb over the end of a hose & make the amount of space (relative to the amount of water) smaller? Pressure. By flooding, the Fraser river will do damage yeah, but we all knew that mass portions of New West would sink easily enough anyways... hell, I have an aunt & a cousin out there, and if you dig for a few minutes with a shovel, (not even that long) you hit water before the hole is really what one could call "deep" Anyways, I digress. By reinforcing the dikes, in the event of what would otherwise be a flood, the shipping industry that uses the Fraser river would be fucked, because that much water coming through a size no larger, would make for a lot less "calm waters"

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:10 am

Heres a solution fill up a lot of water trucks and ship your excess water to Texas we could use a lot more then what we've gotten so far in north Texas.