bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:59 am

Earlier this evening I finally ate at Wally's Burgers on Kingsway. Any place with a cheesy neon sign is going to catch my eye! Chuckwagon with fries - it was quite good, but not very healthy.

Any other good greasy spoons in Vancouver?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:04 am

Streaker Streaker:
Earlier this evening I finally ate at Wally's Burgers on Kingsway. Any place with a cheesy neon sign is going to catch my eye! Chuckwagon with fries - it was quite good, but not very healthy.

Any other good greasy spoons in Vancouver?

Rodeo Drive in here in Surrey 152 and number #10 highway...... good I haven't had a Wally burger in years.....there is a place over in north van... indian place..tomahawk restaurant.. good eats there too...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:15 am

I'm probably wrong but I seem to remember hearing that Bryan Adams once worked at the Tomahawk as a dishwasher.

Another place I've been tempted to try out is the Ovaltine Cafe, but it's in such a dodgy neighbourhood....

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Boston Bruins
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:08 pm

Twister Twister:
Rodeo Drive in here in Surrey 152 and number #10 highway...... good I haven't had a Wally burger in years.....there is a place over in north van... indian place..tomahawk restaurant.. good eats there too...

I've heard that Rodeo Drive in was really good, but I've never been there... is that true?+

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:41 pm

Streaker Streaker:
I'm probably wrong but I seem to remember hearing that Bryan Adams once worked at the Tomahawk as a dishwasher.

Another place I've been tempted to try out is the Ovaltine Cafe, but it's in such a dodgy neighbourhood....

Olvaltine Cafe is a great place...blueberry pancakes
Keep track of the riftraff..so its a clean place..
Booths are comfortable

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:25 pm

CanadianLynx CanadianLynx:
Streaker Streaker:

Olvaltine Cafe is a great place...blueberry pancakes
Keep track of the riftraff..so its a clean place..
Booths are comfortable

hmm... blueberry pancakes... [eat]

Yeah, one of these days I'll try the Ovaltine. I'll probably have to go solo, though.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:39 pm

fresgos in whalley, and downtown on davie are good places, as is burger haven in new west...

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:06 pm

Doll and pennys on davie was great.. All the trannies....great burger though. Vera's Burgers in Vancouver One in Kits ( just went to) and one on Granville)

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:07 pm

canucker canucker:
Twister Twister:

I've heard that Rodeo Drive in was really good, but I've never been there... is that true?+

Always good eats.. stop by...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:34 am

CrazyCanuck007 CrazyCanuck007:
fresgos in whalley, and downtown on davie are good places, as is burger haven in new west...

Had a mushroom swiss burger at fresgos a few years ago and was literally served a small mountain of mushrooms on the burger.

Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:11 pm

Yup The Tomahawk BBQ in North Van....what a beauty of a place. Lot's of rock and roll attraction too.....yes Bryan Adams worked there AND Nardwaur the Human Serviette performs many interviews there with famous and not so famous music artists.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:19 pm

Nardwuar Is The Greatest. :) 8)

So now I'll have to check out the Ovaltine and the Tomahawk!

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:02 pm

twister twister:
canucker canucker:
Twister Twister:

Always good eats.. stop by...

Better stop by soon then..
Just heard that Rodero Drive will close in 2 months.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:36 pm

guess the new development is forcing them out... oh well there still flos and joes in North Surrey.. the red rose cafe in newton, junction coffee house in cloverdale....