canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Elite
Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:42 pm

Huh, I've never been hit with a surcharge for depositing money, withdrawing money or transferring money (so long as it was done at my bank)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:49 pm

Charging a fee to handle the 'currency of the realm' goes against the entire concept of having a national currency. There is one other bank in town who we used to deal with that has equally slimey, lowball, possibly illegal policies.
I will just keep all the cash. In a secret place (the bank pays 0% on the account anyway).
I will state "pulled it out of my ass" whenever I'm questioned about where I got the cash.

I think I'll charge the gov't $60 an hour to fill out my income tax next time. Think I'll get away with it?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:52 pm

herbie herbie:
I think I'll charge the gov't $60 an hour to fill out my income tax next time. Think I'll get away with it?

Worth a shot, maybe someone in CRA will screw up and actually pay you. :D

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:52 am

Banks, whores every where looks like. And I thought it was just a local phenomenon here.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:52 am

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
I had been with the TD since I came to Canada. I had a mortgage, chequing ,savings, investments etc. When it came time to renew my mortgage I noticed that there was a ‘special’ rate for new customers. I thought that me being a loyal and longtime customer, I should at least get the same rate. Nope, the TD didn’t give a shite about how long I’d been with them and wouldn’t give me the rate.

I left and went to the RBC when they offered me a better deal.

Ray is right, if you don’t get the deal you want, shop around and leave your bank. Loyalty isn’t rewarded by them, don’t reward the banks by showing any. They don’t deserve it.

Maybe it's just your branches decision. Out here we went through the same thing renewing our mortgage but when questioned about the "special" rate for new customers our mortgage official gave us that special rate. TD has also lowered our interest rate on our VISA when we asked if they could. My VISA now has a 5% interest rate.