CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
Profile
Posts: 4615
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:51 pm
 


I'm looking for a savings account and was wondering what banks do you fellows use or do you know a good one to deal with? Any information would be appreciated.


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 3389
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:55 pm
 


TD canada trust is a good one.

screw savings accounts, get a mutual fund


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 32704
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:12 pm
 


Between box spring and mattress. The interest is the same as most banks. Better, if you only buy gold coins.


Offline
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 2279
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:17 pm
 


Quote:
I'm looking for a savings account and was wondering what banks do you fellows use or do you know a good one to deal with? Any information would be appreciated.


Buy a mutual bond, there is a slight risk but they do pay much better interest.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 11625
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:40 pm
 


I've dealt with Canada Trust for about 20 years, and even after it's merger with TD, I've been satisfied enough not to change.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 15225
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:50 pm
 


Strutz wrote:
I've dealt with Canada Trust for about 20 years, and even after it's merger with TD, I've been satisfied enough not to change.
They are a good bank for having a chequing account in and for hours of service. For a savings account I was going to look at ING they offer a pretty high interest rate.


Offline
News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 19531

Warnings: (-20%)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:55 pm
 


I deal with the TD and Credit Union.

Six weeks ago, Credit Union was offering better rates on savings and term deposits.


Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9891
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:00 pm
 


I'm a semi happy TD Canada Trust member as well. I always get excellent service at the TD on Davie street and there online website interface is good.

If you are going to be using a debit card or withdrawing lots, its probably better to go with a smaller credit union, many have no fees.

This is one thing I definatly support Jack Layton on, the banking fees the Big banks charge is stupid.


Offline
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Profile
Posts: 832
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:43 pm
 


RBC let me know after 20 years of beeing loyal client. They didn't have enough competence to serve my needs and screwed my incomes badly. They don't want you, they want your money.

I'll trust any banks out there until they make the first mistake. Buh-bye!
RBC is not recommended. I'm also looking for a new bank. TD is my next one in line.


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
Profile
Posts: 4615
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:01 am
 


Thank you for all the information. :)

Quote:
screw savings accounts, get a mutual fund


Yes I probably will. But wish to have a savings account too.

Quote:
For a savings account I was going to look at ING they offer a pretty high interest rate.


Yes I heard of them. I was thinking of maybe trying them out and I have also heard of another one called President's Choice Financial. I think they are offering a higher interest rate too. (4.25%)


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 15225
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:04 am
 


Clogeroo wrote:
Yes I heard of them. I was thinking of maybe trying them out and I have also heard of another one called President's Choice Financial. I think they are offering a higher interest rate too. (4.25%)
ya I thought about them too. They might even be a better choice as they are backed by CIBC.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 11052
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:19 am
 


Bank of Monteral...has been good to me for the last twenty five years or so.


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
Profile
Posts: 4615
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 7:24 am
 


Quote:
ya I thought about them too. They might even be a better choice as they are backed by CIBC.



Doesn't seem like a bad deal actually just for basic general banking. Looking them up they seem to have a high customer satisfaction rate too. Maybe I will go and see what they are about.


Offline
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 939
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:35 am
 


RUEZ wrote:
Clogeroo wrote:
Yes I heard of them. I was thinking of maybe trying them out and I have also heard of another one called President's Choice Financial. I think they are offering a higher interest rate too. (4.25%)
ya I thought about them too. They might even be a better choice as they are backed by CIBC.


I've been a PC Financial customer for about 6 years.

On the plus side: You can open various accounts (2 different savings, can have multiple chequing accounts, RRSP), free cheques, you can use CIBC ATMs free of charge. Their online banking interface is the best I have seen yet. Absolutely no "service" fees. They have their own loyalty program, PC Points.

The bad? If you require a full service bank, they are useless. The entire bank is "virtual", meaning you can't just fly to a branch and withdraw 5 grand in an emergency. It's happened to me on occasion and there is no way around it. It's in the bank's "Terms of Service" that you agree to.

Obviously, this hasn't been enough to force me to switch. I'm in school, get the occasional pay cheque, have a line of credit with them..I don't really need anything else at this point. They are as convenient as I need them to be, for now.


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 3389
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:55 am
 


start an etrade account and let it fly. speculative stocks all the way!!


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  1  2  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.