CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 51388
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:15 pm
 


If you are under 18, staying in Europe is better for partying.


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
 Detroit Red Wings


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:03 pm
 


Lemmy wrote:
Jughead wrote:
John Molson School of Business does have a better program than McGill, however McGill is known internationally by it's name. It's your choice. Do you want a school with the better program, or do you want a school known for it's name. Hard decision.

On what basis do you conclude that one program is "better"? The quality of an education any student gets, in any discipline, is 99.99% based on what the student does, not where they do it.


I've studied at McGill, and have friends who have studied at the John Molson School of Business. From an academic viewpoint (subject matter) the John Molson School of Business does have a better reputation than McGill when it comes to the business program.


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
 Detroit Red Wings


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:08 pm
 


ggree wrote:
I'm going on exchange to Montreal for only one semester. Therefore I do not want your opinion on which school has the best overall program. Instead I want to know which school is best when it comes to these factors: location and social life.


If all you want is to party, then go with McGill. They have a nice campus in downtown Montreal. I recall many good times there. Lots of student parties, and on campus activities like beer drinking tournaments and flag football games.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 12434
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:48 pm
 


Jughead wrote:
I've studied at McGill, and have friends who have studied at the John Molson School of Business. From an academic viewpoint (subject matter) the John Molson School of Business does have a better reputation than McGill when it comes to the business program.

I disagree. McGill is world renowned. Few people outside of Quebec have even heard of the John Molson School of Business. John Molson doesn't even have a reputation, let alone a better one than McGill.


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
 Detroit Red Wings


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 300
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:44 pm
 


Lemmy wrote:
Jughead wrote:
I've studied at McGill, and have friends who have studied at the John Molson School of Business. From an academic viewpoint (subject matter) the John Molson School of Business does have a better reputation than McGill when it comes to the business program.

I disagree. McGill is world renowned. Few people outside of Quebec have even heard of the John Molson School of Business. John Molson doesn't even have a reputation, let alone a better one than McGill.


Partly true. I agree in that McGill is world renowned. See my prior post below.

Quote:
If you want to study in an English-only environment in Montreal, then you'll have to choose between the John Molson School of Business and McGill. John Molson School of Business does have a better program than McGill, however McGill is known internationally by it's name. It's your choice. Do you want a school with the better program, or do you want a school known for it's name. Hard decision.


However, when it comes to a local reputation, specifically from the business industry, then the John Molson School of Business ranks higher. The business program there from an academic perspective is better than McGill's and the business industry here knows it. It's MBA program is ranked 3rd in Canada. Not to mention it's Investment Management Program there which is tops.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 12434
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:55 am
 


Jughead wrote:
However, when it comes to a local reputation, specifically from the business industry, then the John Molson School of Business ranks higher. The business program there from an academic perspective is better than McGill's and the business industry here knows it. It's MBA program is ranked 3rd in Canada. Not to mention it's Investment Management Program there which is tops.

So if you want to work in Montreal, go to JMSoB, if you want to get hired anywhere else in the world, go to McGill, ceteris paribus.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Previous  1  2



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.