Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:59 am

jj2424 wrote:

Parents haul too much crap around .

Buy a car.

No, we really don't. Space is needed.

I have 3 kids and 2 dogs that we travel with. A sedan may work for a family of 4 with no pets or small pets but try packing luggage for 5 people into a family car and get your dogs in their too. That's not including any extras like food or supplies.

It may all fit, but it'll be a very uncomfortable ride.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:19 am

DanSC wrote:
Crossing chasms is one of the best parts of H1 ownership.

I meant that the (anti gun) argument is absurd, whether the sentence ends in 'vehicle' or 'rifle'.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:23 am

jj2424 wrote:
bootlegga wrote:

As a parent with little kids, a CUV makes absolutely no sense.

They have less room, fewer seats and guzzle more gas. Even when they have third row seating, you have to climb over the middle row to get to them - and then you have zero cargo space if you want to go anywhere.

I've been in the market for something bigger of late and I don't see anything but a minivan in my future.

When we were kids it was called a car! When my kids were kids it was called a car.

Why do today's parents need such a big vehicle for two little kids? Do they weigh three hundred pounds each?

Buy a car.

:roll:

I'm not just carrying two kids around.

I'd suggest that you read through the thread before you post asinine responses, but we all know that asinine responses are really all you're capable of posting, so I'll just leave it at... :P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:20 am

PublicAnimalNo9 wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
OnTheIce wrote:
That's like saying the Chevrolet Cruze is a shortened Equinox. Just because vehicles share a platform, doesn't make them a larger or smaller version of one another.

Really?

I think he should have said, "doesn't necessarily make them a larger or smaller verison..."
The original Chrysler minivans shared a platform (and engine) with the K car.

If sharing a platform with a car doesn't make a vehicle a CUV, I don't know what does. CUV's have front drive design with AWD added on as an option and they have unibody construction. Hence, the Pilot and Acadia are CUVs. SUVs are ususally rear drive based, have body on frame construction and heavier duty 4WD systesm often with a 2 speed transfer case.

Ultimately there are not hard rules about the diff between CUV and SUV, but the above is generally how the industry uses the terms.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:35 am

andyt wrote:
If sharing a platform with a car doesn't make a vehicle a CUV, I don't know what does. CUV's have front drive design with AWD added on as an option and they have unibody construction. Hence, the Pilot and Acadia are CUVs. SUVs are ususally rear drive based, have body on frame construction and heavier duty 4WD systesm often with a 2 speed transfer case.

Ultimately there are not hard rules about the diff between CUV and SUV, but the above is generally how the industry uses the terms.

Andy, with respect, you're acting like the line is black and white between what is a CUV and a SUV. It's whatever the manufacturers decide to declare the vehicle.

Speaking from within the industry, the term 'crossover' is being used increasingly as a marketing ploy as it's more trendy as the term "SUV" is a connotation that it's a heavy gas guzzler.

On the flip side, you have traditional SUV's the Grand Cherokee that blur the definition even further.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:43 am

bootlegga wrote:
jj2424 wrote:
bootlegga wrote:

As a parent with little kids, a CUV makes absolutely no sense.

They have less room, fewer seats and guzzle more gas. Even when they have third row seating, you have to climb over the middle row to get to them - and then you have zero cargo space if you want to go anywhere.

I've been in the market for something bigger of late and I don't see anything but a minivan in my future.

When we were kids it was called a car! When my kids were kids it was called a car.

Why do today's parents need such a big vehicle for two little kids? Do they weigh three hundred pounds each?

Buy a car.

I'd suggest that you read through the thread before you post asinine responses, but we all know that asinine responses are really all you're capable of posting, so I'll just leave it at... :P

How much shit are you hauling around? I just read the asinine stuff you post.

asshole

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:49 am

OnTheIce wrote:
andyt wrote:

Andy, with respect, you're acting like the line is black and white between what is a CUV and a SUV. It's whatever the manufacturers decide to declare the vehicle.

Speaking from within the industry, the term 'crossover' is being used increasingly as a marketing ploy as it's more trendy as the term "SUV" is a connotation that it's a heavy gas guzzler.

On the flip side, you have traditional SUV's the Grand Cherokee that blur the definition even further.

OTI, with respect, read the last sentence I wrote. I know I'm nit picking here, but when people say "it's not a CUV it's an SUV" when clearly the vehicle has all the attributes associated with CUVs, and pick those nits, well guess we're in the same boat.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:55 am

jj2424 wrote:
bootlegga wrote:
jj2424 wrote:

Buy a car.

How much shit are you hauling around? I just read the asinine stuff you post.

asshole

No you didn't - you read one post and then trolled from there - your insipid comment about Redford is proof of that.

Take a look at page 2 - I clearly outlined to DrC why I need more than a sedan (which I already own).

The asshole in this thread - as usual - is YOU. :P

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:31 am

I drive an orphan - Saturn Vue AWD. From before the days they called them CUVs.
Holds lots, great mileage, great power. Gets out of the driveway without shovelling.

But my kids are gone. My 94 Grand Caravan held WAY MORE and was peppy enough on the highway.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:38 am

And that seems to be the same platform as the Equinox, or if you have the later version it's a rebranded Opel Antara. Incestuous business, the auto business.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:47 pm

The rear storage in the Equinox is actually shorter than the Vue. Don't know if they can haul ass like the Vue's 3.5L Honda either. Blown the doors off a few when the bastards speed up to 120 when I try to pass.
And it's the ONLY car out there where on cruise control it goes 110 kmh no matter if the road goes up or down or has a curve or there's one lane or three. Honest, never seen another car that can do that. All other cars can only do 110 when they're in the right lane of a passing section. Just like all other vehicles will roll over and explode into flames if you turn the steering wheel more than 3 degrees while it's moving!
On a serious note - that's exactly the problem in N America. They build the cars they decide you want and you have to settle for one. Even convinced the Japanese, Koreans and Germans of that. I live in the Prince George area - do they have a CLUE how many Delicas they could've sold here alone? People are outbidding each other for 20 yr old imports here.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Los Angeles Kings
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:43 pm

I'll restate what should be obvious. Get a wagon.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:08 am

DanSC wrote:
The Unimog has too high of a center of gravity. You need what the professionals use; a Hummer H1.

I've been one of those professionals. The Hummer is a great vehicle but if I never see the inside of one ever again it'll be too soon. [B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:26 am

BartSimpson wrote:
DanSC wrote:
The Unimog has too high of a center of gravity. You need what the professionals use; a Hummer H1.

I've been one of those professionals. The Hummer is a great vehicle but if I never see the inside of one ever again it'll be too soon. [B-o]

Hummer's get stuck, try driving 11 Humvees over a sand dune and well I've seen it done a Humvee stuck rocking bad and forth with all 4 wheels off the ground (sand). One of my better laughs while at NTC.

I did enjoy my one time in the civilian Hummer but then it was more who I was with and what we were doing then the vehicle it's self. :wink:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:33 am

Don't need the nose. Waste of space

Attachments:
jeepFC.jpg
jeepFC.jpg [ 9.32 KiB | Viewed 372 times ]