CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:00 pm

SireJoe SireJoe:
If oil was managed better in Canada we wouldnt have these wild fluxations. We are a large supplier of it, we should be helping to SET the price not be abused by it. But Canada has pretty much no say in its price setting, its all big businesses, all we can ever do is sit by and enjoy the raping. Gotta love it.

The infrastructure is at it's max. Drill more wells but there's still no way to ship the gas. It's gonna get ugly as far as gas price's are concerned this summer.The energy companies are makeing so much right now they really dont care about exploration or new well's.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:05 pm

BluesBud BluesBud:
I am always on guard for the best price before I fill up.

You need to be aware of your gas milage and how far you are driving to get the cheaper priced gas. With the price what it is now it may be costing you more to drive farther for the cheaper gas than it would if you just filled up at your closest station.

As an example, if I drive 7 km one way(14 km total) to save 2 cents a litre on gas, and I drive a small car so I only get a 40 litre fill at most, I 'save' 80 cents. But my car gets 14 km per litre so I used a litre of gas at a cost of $1.00 per litre so it just cost me 20 cents, I wasted 15 mins and put 14km on my car for nothing in an effort to 'save' on gas.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:43 pm

themasta themasta:
SireJoe SireJoe:
If oil was managed better in Canada we wouldnt have these wild fluxations. We are a large supplier of it, we should be helping to SET the price not be abused by it. But Canada has pretty much no say in its price setting, its all big businesses, all we can ever do is sit by and enjoy the raping. Gotta love it.

That's the problem. Canada has been forced into being a perpetual supplier of raw materials. Much of the refining and manufactoring occurs elsewhere, usually south of the border. This is not limited to just oil and gas but all raw materials.

Ya, that seems pretty stupid. I guess thats a lot how the global economy works though... we export something to only get it back for 3x the price...sounds great.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:28 am

Ripcat Ripcat:
BluesBud BluesBud:
I am always on guard for the best price before I fill up.

You need to be aware of your gas milage and how far you are driving to get the cheaper priced gas. With the price what it is now it may be costing you more to drive farther for the cheaper gas than it would if you just filled up at your closest station.

As an example, if I drive 7 km one way(14 km total) to save 2 cents a litre on gas, and I drive a small car so I only get a 40 litre fill at most, I 'save' 80 cents. But my car gets 14 km per litre so I used a litre of gas at a cost of $1.00 per litre so it just cost me 20 cents, I wasted 15 mins and put 14km on my car for nothing in an effort to 'save' on gas.

Of course! It helps to know what part of town has the lowest price. If I am around that area I will fill up. Otherwise I will hold off for an other day. I know you may not think so but I am a little (I hope) brighter than that. :D

Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:21 pm

Well I see everyone is watching the gas prices closely, especially when the oil prices per barrel are over $70. Gas price here in NS is $1.17.9 and rumoured to rise again.
There is something you can do about it. I have a Fuel Genie installed in my cars and save money. If you want to increase your horsepower, mileage and run cleaner emissions on your vehicles then visit: www.thefuelgenie.com for all the details. If you have have questions or wish to place your orders, email me: [email protected]
Device intalls in 5mins, no moving parts, maintenance free...100% money back guarantee. What do you have to lose? Waiting to hear from you!!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:45 pm

I filled up yesterday at $1.08 a litre...I wish I still had my Toyota Tercel. It that took me almost 400 klicks in the summer!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:45 pm

I filled up yesterday at $1.08 a litre...I wish I still had my Toyota Tercel. It that took me almost 400 klicks in the summer!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:34 pm

It was on the radio thi afternoon that there would be an average gas increase of 6.5 cents a liter by the week end.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:27 pm

Ebenezer Ebenezer:
Well I see everyone is watching the gas prices closely, especially when the oil prices per barrel are over $70. Gas price here in NS is $1.17.9 and rumoured to rise again.
There is something you can do about it. I have a Fuel Genie installed in my cars and save money. If you want to increase your horsepower, mileage and run cleaner emissions on your vehicles then visit: www.thefuelgenie.com for all the details. If you have have questions or wish to place your orders, email me: [email protected]
Device intalls in 5mins, no moving parts, maintenance free...100% money back guarantee. What do you have to lose? Waiting to hear from you!!

If oil keeps going up you will see an awful lot more of these things ...the one I am checking into breaks down the molecules to create more of a mist (MPG CAPS small booster of 0.4 to 1.0 increase ) anyway I think this go round people won't put up with this price increase shit and you will see things like this piled high on the markets to beat down the cost. The industry needs to be competitive no rules . The systems developed for carberators were amazing and cut down fuel comsumption 75% even 90% that was not a good deal for the industry.But hey carbs are no longer and fuel injection assures you consume enough fuel to keep the industry happy and making money.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:03 pm

The Baker Hughes rig count hit an all-time high earlier this month.

There were 24 newbuilds in deep water last year, the highest amount ever, with another dozen or so coming on this year.

Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:24 pm

I can assure you that the Fuel Genie is not just another gimmick. If you have reviewed the website you would have read that this was invented totally in error for what is is now being marketed for. If you read the testimonial tab you will see that there are many excited customers not to mention cab companies saving money in their cabs.

Still a sceptic? Try one for yourself.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:33 pm

Took a big jump here today to $1.06/liter and deisel is still at 89.9. :lol:

Attachments:
SPA50077.JPG
SPA50077.JPG [ 979.27 KiB | Viewed 101 times ]
Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:35 pm

Ebenezer Ebenezer:
I can assure you that the Fuel Genie is not just another gimmick. If you have reviewed the website you would have read that this was invented totally in error for what is is now being marketed for. If you read the testimonial tab you will see that there are many excited customers not to mention cab companies saving money in their cabs.

Still a sceptic? Try one for yourself.

ROFL

pure sales spam imho.

m

Consumer Report

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:12 pm

The great Kresgin.. knows all.. see's all but works for stats can so can't say a damn word.
End of the year.. Canadian Dollar will be worth $1.10 USD only problem is Gas will be $2.25 a litre...