Vancouver Canucks
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:04 pm

I am sure they will survive.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:09 pm

Brenda Brenda:

You never know,in the old days union workers would stick together and take a cut in wages or work share to keep the members all working.Now it's just greed and one union member will cut the others throat just to keep that high hourly wage.

So I cant see the auto workers taking a wage cut,they have had it too good for too long.

sad really and one of the reasons I dont like unions anymore.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:09 pm

all that cheap gas they can start pumping out the gas guzzling SUVs again.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:11 pm

GM and Ford ??

Bankrupt ?

Again ?

Nothing new here, the ineptness of their managers continue..

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:27 pm

ziggy ziggy:
Brenda Brenda:

You never know,in the old days union workers would stick together and take a cut in wages or work share to keep the members all working.Now it's just greed and one union member will cut the others throat just to keep that high hourly wage.

So I cant see the auto workers taking a wage cut,they have had it too good for too long.

From what I read from this story, it was not so much about the workers as well as about the stockmarket...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:30 pm

Sometimes the workers have to take a cut in wages to keep their employer afloat.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:51 pm

ziggy ziggy:
Brenda Brenda:

I love unions, the "greed" of one union member is in fact due to the problems of the world and nothing to do with said person being a union member. But hey i bet the koolaid tastes good

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:52 pm

I'm buying Toyota stock @ $44 and holding it to $160 (last lot I sold went for $114). That way I can get my money back from them to fix that fucking transmission in that highly reliable Lexus Lemon I own.

Ford and GM will not survive. My 7% Ford bond is due in Feb '09 and they better hang on till then.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:59 pm

It's about time! With what these fuckers have been gouging us for vehicles. If they quit jacking the selling prices and then advertising 'incentives' such as 'SAVE UP TO $13,000.00...ETC. ETC'. Just quit with the bullshit pitches and give us the 'driveway price'!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:03 pm

acidcomplex acidcomplex:
ziggy ziggy:
Brenda Brenda:

I love unions, the "greed" of one union member is in fact due to the problems of the world and nothing to do with said person being a union member. But hey i bet the koolaid tastes good

We will see how greedy they are when massive layoffs are at their door and the senior guys wont budge on work sharing and such,was a member of the operating engineers for 22 years so I know the game,it's changed.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:11 pm

ziggy ziggy:
Sometimes the workers have to take a cut in wages to keep their employer afloat.

Worker's should take a pay cut???

$1:
The idea isn’t going over well. Vice Chairman and CFO Frederick A. “Fritz” Henderson said GM execs have already lost their bonuses, which amounts to a pay cut since a big part of compensation comes from performance incentives.

$1:
DETROIT (Reuters) - General Motors Corp (NYSE:GM - News) Chief Executive Rick Wagoner's salary and other compensation rose 64 percent in 2007 to about $15.7 million, mainly due to option grants, according to a proxy filed on Friday.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:20 pm

Only if they want to keep there job's Burns.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:04 pm

Brenda Brenda:
ziggy ziggy:
Brenda Brenda:

From what I read from this story, it was not so much about the workers as well as about the stockmarket...

It's the pensions that are killing them. Deferment of real wages into the stock market will mean they are counting on money that simply isn't there anymore. If they can't make the day to day payments they may very well fold.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 4:12 pm

Not the ontario's teachers fund. :evil: