Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:18 am

My Dad was always working, construction, building of the big union Hospital. We had our own house. Never to be sold, which was rather stupid. If we would've, could use the money for buying a business. So the only expense was Food, clothes. Investing? My parents didn't know what that was. They hardly spoke English. They probably knew only 4 words. Lol. Saving money for the future? They didn't know what that was, either. Lol. So by the time I came to age. I had nothing to go on. Sooo, today Im trying to learn by observing how people save and invest and such stuff like that.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:29 am

About the only investing I do right now is my education, combined with tiny contributions to an RRSP.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:40 am

Easy enough to save most of your income if you buy reuseable entertainment.

More or less don't smoke or drink, you can save a fair chunk of cash if you do.

Investments are a question you need to deside in terms of risk and return. I'd suggest buying housing units, you get a part of a managed housing complex and share income with all the other unit owners. You can get in for as low as 50k.