CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:58 pm

could be. hard to say. but the one anti-christ according to the bible says that everyone will think it is the real christ. till he comes I'm not worried. And there are no delusions that Bush is the lord Christ!!!!!

He maybe AN antichrist!! He will goto war with Korea soon if everyone lets him!! course who is going to stop Korea from making nukes???

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:27 pm

I've never read the bible, so I wouldn't know... The bible might be a good bed time novel... But I could never take it for what it "really" means.. I'm not an athiest though... I believe in my own god... Anyway, if I have my own god, nobody can say I'm talking to myself ;) Although, their is a guy in town that talks to his finger, and people don't bother him ;)

But anyway, back to REAL religon... I think its complete fiction blown out of proportion due to people that have not realised, Humans are remarkable species, and just because something is remarkable, doesn't mean it was created or preformed because of a God... Give yourself some credit! Anyway, when I say, Blown out of porportion, I mean, something that I realised while watching South Park (That show is great for making sense of the world) Basically, they were saying, when people take the bible literally, all types of hell break loose... I mean, think of it this way, just because the bible says all this stuff about God and all in it, it doesn't mean there is one... Could it have been that the Bible was a guideline? You know, Be a good neighbour, be a good person, don't steal or kill? Shit like that?

Anyway, Nostradamus was a cracked out idiot... He told his son that he saw his prophecies when staring at the moon, and drunk, and also high on nutmeg... So yea... I mean, one of his predictions was man being on the moon... Holy shit! The moon is a big thing! Hundreds of thousands of people probably thought that someday Humans would reach the moon...

Does that mean the father tell his kid in 1880's Canada, that, someday, people will live on the moon, is a prophet? I think not... Oh well\

I just hope that made a bit of sense... Religion is a touchy subject for me...

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:13 pm

Religion is a touchy subject for everybody, Laconfir. You should try drinking rye with a Catholic priest sometime. :lol:

I just re-read my last post and discovered I wrote,
$1:
The last real war the US was in they lost to a bunch of guys using AK-47s and bamboo booby traps.
I didn't really mean that the wars since Vietnam weren't real...people shooting guns at each other makes wars very real. I meant a war that wasn't just a powerful nation going after a nation without a hope of winning.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:47 am

rev...with all due respect..your comments about the war in vietnam ..well you left a few tidbits out...those pajama wearin ak 47 carring " charlies"....they were tough, motivated and brave....but ..we lost the war due to politics...as for the battles ..we regularly kicked charlies ass...chase and take a hill only to give it back and do it again...plus charlie crossed borders we couldnt follow[ ok sometimes they did]....ever hear the saying we lost the battle but the wars not over...well we won the battles..really fought that one with one hand behind the back....shoot after being shot at....and all....granted we did lose the war...but if the damn polititians had made an objective.and let the gen's tak it over ...it would have been won......well it is done......I think most of those who fear the U.S. military only do so after seeing us in 91..and again now in Iraq and fear that if we were to turn againt them we would chew whoever up but good...

as for allah in a suitcase...yeah I fear that..living near D.C...especially now....it does cross my mind

and for the bible comment....You either have faith in God or you dont....God knows who and what you are....ALL you who dont believe...from the temple o doom" dr jones, we will make you a TRUE....BELEIVER"

NOT A SERMON ,JUST A THOUGHT

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:57 am

aS FOR THE ANTI CHRIST...i have sen and read much of this...from st malachy sp to nosty..to the bible to the indian predicts...

things that have been said and come to pass...

a red bull would be born in isreal to be sacrificed for God...bull was born[ but the temple has yet to be rebuilt]

indidans had one about a white buffalo ...it was born in the late 80's early 90's?

THE ANTI CHRIST IS SUPPOSED TO CREATE world peace for 7 yrs before the poo hits the fan

christians are to be persecuted for their faith...[ happening]

kids will commit crimes on a grand scale....[ moreso now than ever]

women will be as men [ in dress, profession, ect ect]

there will be many more natural disaters and earthquakes...[ indians believed the earth quakes were like birth pangs or contractions, closer together more frequent ]

that there would be a one world body or govt..[ un is working on this]

everyone would buy or sell under the mark of the beast [ head or hand...micro chips implanted....???]

after jp 2 dies...the next pope is to have a short term...theone after that is supposed to align themselves and the church with the anti christ..and he is to be italian

ireland is to fall into the sea

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:55 am

Feeko, the point about vietnam is that the US was beaten by a low-tech army. Thirty years from now when people are trying to figure out why Iraq turned into a quagmire, one of the answers will be the same...low tech.

You can't take it away from people because it's too common. You can't even tell who has it because everybody does.

As for the prophecies about the end of the world....There is a school of thought that the reason the far right in the US (including Bush and his buddies) are so pro-Israel. Revelations says that Israel will exist as a state before the end times. When the end comes, all these religious guys think they are going to heaven, so they want to be sure the proper conditions exist.

I don't believe in prophecy, religious or otherwise, but the idea that those who do may try to guide events isn't too far-fetched. I just hope that school of thought is wrong.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:31 pm

US shouldn't be complaining about geurilla warfare... You guys created it during the American Revolution...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:40 pm

did they create it or did they just start using it. Lets remember that not everyone was so stupid as to walk in file with red coats on drumming into war. lol. the native Americans would be the ones to start geurilla warfare wouldnt they???

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:54 pm

It depends I guess, at least back then...

The Natives, when fighting each other, was more or less the same form of war fare they used for years, so its natural that they fight a new enemy the same way... So the Red's probably thought it was a form of Geurilla Warfare... But your probably right... But the US took it on and used it alot... Not that you can blame them... If it helps you win, then do it! I would have used Geurilla Warfare too... Anyway, if your the defender, defending in your home country... You automatically have advantages, and usually these advantages lead to Geurilla Warfare, Like knowing trails... etc...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:01 pm

exactly. When your faced with an enemy that is either larger or better trained, you start to booby trap trails and use the high ground and assasins and all that good stuff. fun fun.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 4:16 pm

Yea, Geurilla Warfare is fun... Me and my brother and our friends used to pretend like we were soldiers lol.. pretend shooting each other with plastic guns... Then someone would get hurt, then the screaming would happen... then the rock throwing... It was great ;)

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:05 pm

See, I'm of the age where we played Gorilla warfare. That really bad Planet of the Apes series was popular when I was a kid.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:08 pm

I would have been a god, being an Albino Gorilla named Snowflake that also happens to be Spanish and fathered 22 baby gorillas lol...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:10 pm

lol. yeah. I remember using pellet guns. Me and my brother would pretend we where sword fighting. guess how that ended every time!! :)

Then we started playing paintball and it just got better and better. Now I'm in the Army. lol.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:38 pm

I have three brothers...we just pretty much kicked the crap out each other every ten minutes. I'm not sure why my parents never killed us. :?