Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:11 pm

Now I saw highlites of the Americans vs the Fins....when the yanks scored you could see people in the stands, wearing Team Canada jerseys stand up and cheer. Never fails though that some people only focus on the negitive things.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:41 pm

Avro Avro:
Prove it and then write a letter.

Read a book and get it right.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:44 pm

You guys still talking about this? The kids that got booed have been over it and probably are out partying [drunk] on a Saturday night while everybody argues.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:50 pm

Probably and people are making more of a deal of it than it is. I always thought Americans didn't care what Canadians thought of them or didn't care what Canadians did and now all of a sudden I go to forums and see all this complaining and whining? Riiiight, Americans don't care about Canadians.... :roll: They obviously do when they are booed at. Is that what it takes to get their attention? Pretty sad.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:53 pm

Tman1 Tman1:
Probably and people are making more of a deal of it than it is. I always thought Americans didn't care what Canadians thought of them or didn't care what Canadians did and now all of a sudden I go to forums and see all this complaining and whining? Riiiight, Americans don't care about Canadians.... :roll: They obviously do when they are booed at. Is that what it takes to get their attention? Pretty sad.

Actually, I think you're wording it incorrectly, it's not that Americans don't "care" about Canadians, you're just not on our radar scope 24/7 like we are with you.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:56 pm

Yank-in-NY Yank-in-NY:
Tman1 Tman1:

Actually, I think you're wording it incorrectly, it's not that Americans don't "care" about Canadians, you're just not on our radar scope 24/7 like we are with you.

No, I think I worded it quite correctly. What would Americans care what Canadians boo about? Only them? Tell you the truth, I only heard about this booing when Americans kept complaining about it on several forums other than this one. Whether were on your scope 24/7 is irrelevant, insignificant incidents like this is what takes your attention?...Sure thing. Maybe these trade problems would go away if.....

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:00 pm

And I assure you that other being mentioned on the forums it was hardly breaking news in the mainstream media, as usual when it comes to Canada.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:02 pm

Yank-in-NY Yank-in-NY:
And I assure you that other being mentioned on the forums it was hardly breaking news in the mainstream media, as usual when it comes to Canada.

US media is hardly mainstream when it comes to the world. I'd like to think the majority of AMericans are more well informed on forums than CNN or FOX news.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:05 pm

Tman1 Tman1:
Yank-in-NY Yank-in-NY:

US media is hardly mainstream when it comes to the world. I'd like to think the majority of AMericans are more well informed on forums than CNN or FOX news.

It never ceases to amaze me how one always picks CNN and Fox, as if other media outlets are non existant. And the world is mentioned far greater than Canada is, even when it's negative.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:08 pm

Yank-in-NY Yank-in-NY:
Tman1 Tman1:
Yank-in-NY Yank-in-NY:

It never ceases to amaze me how one always picks CNN and Fox, as if other media outlets are non existant. And the world is mentioned far greater than Canada is, even when it's negative.

Merely saying America cares more about Canada than they like to believe.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:12 pm

Tman1 Tman1:
Yank-in-NY Yank-in-NY:
Tman1 Tman1:
Yank-in-NY Yank-in-NY:

Merely saying America cares more about Canada than they like to believe.

I would suspect it's in the neighborhood of less than 1% of the population and that isn't a condescending attitude, you just have a very quiet way about yourselves. We hear much more about Europe than Canada, you're 30 million voices as opposed to 500 million in Europe. Makes sense, no?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:20 pm

Nah, I don't think it's in the "1%" of the neighbourhood population but nice statistic. Of course you hear more about Europe than Canada, Europe is more interesting. :wink: Of course you may be right, the forums I frequent are hockey forums and I don't suppose you have the stats for all of the hockey fans in the US do you? I'm not going to get into the whole booing situation but I said many a time on these forums that the booing was utterly disgusting and wrong and even I am ashamed. Still, if the American kids were expecting icing on the cake coming up here knowing the political situation.....they were dead wrong. Of course you could blame the whole " we don't give a crap about Canada and so we didn't know what to expect" routine...

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:24 pm

The "statistic" is a personal observation, I personally hear alot more about Canada because I watch CSPAN, and your parliament is shown on occassion. It could 10%, who knows? All I know is you very rarely get mentioned and I attribute that to Canadians.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:37 pm

Well, your statistic didn't seem like a personal observation but more like fact. Anyways, this is way getting out of context. People have preferences in what they watch fine, I actually go to CNN on the net and fine that they have a number of up to date Canadian articles.....usually but not always. We don't get mentioned because it's our fault? Explain that please.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:46 pm

You have a quiet way about yourselves in anything you do internationally.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 4  5  6  7  8  Next