Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:08 pm

He is. Bravely running away. Maybe him and Xort are mates.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:26 am

Jonny_C Jonny_C:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
sandorski sandorski:
In some parts, Police training goes like this:
Dude1: Son, come down to the Station and I'll get ya to work.
Dude2: Ok cousin, I'll get there.
Dude1: See ya there Brother.
Dude2: Sure thing Uncle.

Maybe in Canada but in the USA every state has a Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) certification process of some sort that is required for sworn officers.

No, not in Canada. Not even close. It's a mystery where sandorski gets that idea.

It was just a joke guys.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:02 am

Gunnair Gunnair:
2Cdo 2Cdo:
Jughead Jughead:
In addition, since police officers undergo extensive firearms training, individuals with a CCW permit would also have to undergone similar firearms training.

Wow. If the only training you want for CCW permit is the same as what police get, then I am firmly AGAINST CCW being granted. Most police weapons handling and knowledge is sorely lacking.

No offense to any police out there,(EB).

Not to pick a fight, but what evidence do you base that on?

Just personal experience working with various police forces throughout Canada. They don't get near the training that they should.

But I did like competition shooting for money with them! 8)

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:09 am

Hyack Hyack:
Having shot against some active duty LEOs in IPSC matches back in the days, all I can say is they, for the most part, weren't too shit hot on the courses, but I definitely wouldn't want to go head to head against them in a serious social situation. They can call in for backup...... :wink:

Our local city police and the OPP used to rent our outdoor range a couple of times a year but the range at those times was for their exclusive use. They fired handguns, shotguns and rifles. A couple of our members who reloaded .30-30 cases had a bonanza when they used to clean up the next day.

They didn't want us around, ostensibly for safety and liability reasons, but also I'm sure because they didn't want us to judge their shooting. We found out in other ways and at other times that their proficiency seemed mediocre.

$1:
I will definitely give them all full points for putting it all on the line every time they suit up.

That's the thing. Regardless of our (faint) snobbery about how well we could shoot, we never had to risk being in an actual situation. They risk it all the time.

However, I'm still of the opinion that the average police officer probably doesn't practice enough.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:11 am

Jonny_C Jonny_C:

That's the thing. Regardless of our (faint) snobbery about how well we could shoot, we never had to risk being in an actual situation. They risk it all the time.

Speak for yourself. 8)

$1:
However, I'm still of the opinion that the average police officer probably doesn't practice enough.

True enough.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:14 am

sandorski sandorski:
It was just a joke guys.

Noted. :)

Sometimes it's hard to tell (certainly not just in this case).

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:16 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:
Speak for yourself. 8)

I guess in your situation you feel some risk? Fair enough. I don't know what your situation is.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:28 am

Jonny_C Jonny_C:
2Cdo 2Cdo:
Speak for yourself. 8)

I guess in your situation you feel some risk? Fair enough. I don't know what your situation is.

My situation is fine now. It wasn't so fine a number of times overseas, you know, with other people trying to kill you.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:49 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:
My situation is fine now. It wasn't so fine a number of times overseas, you know, with other people trying to kill you.

OK, now I understand. Props to you, sir!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:16 am

Jonny_C Jonny_C:
2Cdo 2Cdo:

OK, now I understand. Props to you, sir!

No worries. [B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:25 am

Xort Xort:
EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Another subject you appear to know fuck-all about.

And another reply showing you know nothing at all.

Yeah yer right. What would an active police officer know about it compared to someone that... wait, what is it that you do again?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:23 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Well, what is your particular expertise on weapon and judgement training for Canadian police?

Reported information on police shootings.
EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Personally, I’d rather be at a gun call with a supposedly lesser trained cop than any gun enthusiast.

In what context? Lets say you are standing on the street, the police show up and shoot you while they are trying to hit some suspect. I guess it's better to get hit by the police?

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
I'm not frustrated Benn! As usual, Xort buggers off when he/it is challenged to back up his/its load of old bollocks. He's gone all quiet again.

I haven't buggered off, you present nothing so much as an arugment and think that's sufficent.

Let me reply to you as you reply to me:

You are wrong.

So what experince do you have with the skill level of people that daily carry a pistol? How would you rate it VS the skill level of 'Canadian Police' (a rather open term if ever one was used). What would you use as your metrics?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:07 pm

Xort Xort:
EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Well, what is your particular expertise on weapon and judgement training for Canadian police?

Reported information on police shootings.
EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Personally, I’d rather be at a gun call with a supposedly lesser trained cop than any gun enthusiast.

In what context? Lets say you are standing on the street, the police show up and shoot you while they are trying to hit some suspect. I guess it's better to get hit by the police?

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
I'm not frustrated Benn! As usual, Xort buggers off when he/it is challenged to back up his/its load of old bollocks. He's gone all quiet again.

I haven't buggered off, you present nothing so much as an arugment and think that's sufficent.

Let me reply to you as you reply to me:

You are wrong.

So what experince do you have with the skill level of people that daily carry a pistol? How would you rate it VS the skill level of 'Canadian Police' (a rather open term if ever one was used). What would you use as your metrics?

Hey Bruno!!!!Image

NEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:51 am

Xort Xort:
...the skill level of 'Canadian Police' (a rather open term if ever one was used).

I'd venture to say that the large majority of people wouldn't share your opinion.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:21 am

Jonny_C Jonny_C:
Xort Xort:
...the skill level of 'Canadian Police' (a rather open term if ever one was used).

I'd venture to say that the large majority of people wouldn't share your opinion.

No, I doubt they do.

Xort is a bit of a special case.

Hey Xort, got those shooting stats yet?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 481 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 27  28  29  30  31  32  33  Next