Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 6:22 pm

[font=Times New Roman] [/font]

Dear People,
My Dad is a Senator who fought for my country in Vietnam. I sometimes questioned his views, thinking perhaps they were too extreme. But after reading all the Anti-American postings in this forum I totally agree with him on his views of Canada. He believes many terrorists that caused our country great harm came over from Canada and I fully agree. He says Canada is not a friendly country towards us anymore than France and should be treated as such. He said having a Neighbor like Canada is the same as having a jealous neighbor living next door to you with some kind of disease. It's just a matter of time before they will try and contaminate you with their disease. He believes we should stop all trade with Canada and close the borders to prevent terrorists and jealous people like yourselves from coming here and causing harm. I think that would benefit us both. You wouldn't have to worry about stupid ignorant Americans coming in your country and we wouldn't have to worry about terrorists and your people spreading Sars over here. More and more people over here are starting to finally realize what friends our neighbors to the north really are. With friends like you, Who needs enemys? You can laugh all you want and continue to criticize us ignorant, narrow-minded, stupid Americans. But, You will soon be singing a different tune as your products along with Frances are boycotted all over. Just an example, A local restaurant in our area just recently got rid of their LaBatts and replaced it with Coors over complaints by many towns people. The Maple Leaf was taken down beneath the Stars & Stripes and the British Flag was put in it's place. So I hope you people keep up your Anti-Americanism because I would like to see you get just what you deserve, as France will soon be seeing.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 7:05 pm

Well first of all you could of shown some balls and registerd, and as far as the anti American views here, this is Canada and we are allowed our opinions even though they may offend some people. As far as WE let terrorists into the US, isnt that job of stopping those people YOUR countries dept? Isnt that Customs, and Immigrations job?? Im sorry you feel that way. But we practice4d what you folks preach, you know democratic society were we have the freedoms to choose? well because the UN did not sanction what went on there we didnt participate DIRECTLY but we did participate. we were in other places that freed up your troops so that they could go to Iraq. Im really sorry you fell that way about us. Oh BTW i dont drink Labbatts either. Also what you may have percieved as anti American was more than likely feeble attempts at humour. We do have a sense of humour here EH ! So you think we are diseased huh? Well im sad to say you are mistaken son. As you want to se us get what we deserve? well the US is not the only consumers in the world either. Bear that ijn mind too. Any ways I think you just read here what you wanted to read, and didnt take the time to see how we have stuck up for you folks too. You are entitled to your opinion. I served my country too, so that my Canadian bretheren could have an opinion wether it is popular or not. Have a good day

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 7:48 pm

Great rebuttal RH. Well said, well put and the exact amount. I will stick up for Canada any day as well.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 7:49 pm

Well said RH.

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 8:04 pm

Highlander, You seem like a good man. I bet you would have been honored to serve with our American and British Troops in Iraq and I'm sure they would have been honored to have you with them. After hearing stuff on the news and reading postings in this forum about the stupid, narrow-minded, war-monger American's I guess it kind of bothered me. Sorry I didn't register but don't know think I would be welcomed here. Anyhow you seem like a good guy that likes a good beer. A supper club close to me has Hacker-Pschorr right on tap and serves it in a frosty 22 oz. glass stein. That is a wonderful German Beer you must try! So I'm sending that full frosty mug of Hacker your way!! Enjoy!!! Have a nice wkend.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 8:06 pm

Anonymous Anonymous:
Great rebuttal RH. Well said, well put and the exact amount. I will stick up for Canada any day as well.

I ditto that

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 1:09 am

CanuckWorldwide Baton Rouge,LA
Stratcan Kansas but from Saskatchewan
Canadian_Nugget Utah
NSJudi Texas, USA
Kimberly Sweden
gemini39 Iowa, USA
jugendlicher_deutscher erftstadt, germany
wildfire USA
Cowtown_Girl Long Island, NY
Rican West Point, NY
BassistWithoutABand Iowa, USA
otterizer USA
electricbuford TN
IRONMIKE N dakota
gemini39 Iowa, USA
These are all valued members of our site and forums. They participate in many of our discussions here are have a good time doing so. They are welcomed here as equals, and arent ever put down for thier opinions.
Im sure that all here would love to have you become a member here to add your insights and comments to the world happenings. We really do enjoy lively discussions with our American brothers and sisters. Like I said before you may have happened upon the odd negative post. That I apologise for, but we have a rants section here so that if some one has somthing to get off thier chests thats where they do it. I am the moderater here and I do my best to keep things running along smoothly. I cant allways catch the odd post that goes over board, but I do my best. We would be happy to have you become a member here so that you could come and share YOUR opinions with us. And if some one gets in your face, get back in thiers ! ! ! Hope to see you here again and please register too, regards, RH
PS if you look closer you mighht see that some of the posts that were hard on the US, were made by Americans LOL :wink:

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 3:31 am

I don't understand
There are literally thousands of American forums that put down canadians daily..but it is ok for them to do so.

But when We have a few forums that are devoted to canadians and we say something negative about americans they get all defensive and need to berate us and tell us how we should be honoured that they exist ..so forth and so on ad infinitum..

please someone explain :?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 4:56 am

Mcpl-Ripcord Mcpl-Ripcord:
I don't understand
There are literally thousands of American forums that put down canadians daily..but it is ok for them to do so.

But when We have a few forums that are devoted to canadians and we say something negative about americans they get all defensive and need to berate us and tell us how we should be honoured that they exist ..so forth and so on ad infinitum..

please someone explain :?

I guess he never got to those sites yet.. But any ways he is allowed his opinion here too, no? I hope that I answered his comments and a propoer fashion and that maybe he look at things in a different light now.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 7:55 am

Stop blaming everyone else for 9/11, except yourselfs. It was the US's own ineptness in security, and foriegn policy that was responsible for that. BTW, how are those 9/11 congressional hearings going? They're kinda keeping quiet about their findings; aren't they?

That would be great to close down your border. Where do you think you get alot of your hydro electricity from? Or your oil/gas from? Wheat? Lumber? Depleted Uranium? Water? The list goes on, and on. Ya, real good idea you got there. Good day. :roll:

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 8:21 am

I am VERY pro-American James, but I am equally anti-ignorant. I've posted some unpopular views here, but the debate is always lively, with some great opposing points of view. Give it a chance man, this is a great site, with good people working real hard to keep it that way.
Might I assume you are a republican? How did you feel when Clinton was making a fool of himself, and a few million (330 million or so) other people? THATS how I feel THIS govt. we have now is acting here, as far as not supporting our allies. Take the heat for you're post (there are some serious anti-Americans here), make a better arguement than they do, and show these people through democratic debate that we, the average "Joe six-pack", aren't all that different on either side of the border.
One misconception really pisses me off though. EVERY time I have EVER crossed into the U.S., I went through Immigration & naturalization, as well as U.S. customs sevice. So did the Sept. 11 assholes!

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 9:59 am

I know I should just keep my mouth shut and completely leave this thread alone, but I just can't help it.

All I have to say is that if James reads anti-American posts here (especially from me) it's because of people and comments like his.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 11:52 am

You know, I'm really getting sick of all the whining and blaming certain americans are doing, saying sept 11 is partly Canada's fault for letting in terrorists. Look, if terrorists want to get in to the USA or Canada for that matter, they are going to get in. You can't realisticly stop them all and north america is a pretty freakin' big place!

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 4:46 pm

James,

I really don't care what your dad says. I respect his service but what do you have to say? Your father's job is to spout stuff that people want to hear. Unless your a minor living at home why don't you spend a little time developing your own views on life. My mother was also a State Senator and she will be the first to mention that the higher up you go the harder it is to stay focused on your constituency. Tell your dad from a voting American to stop blaming everyone else for our problems, buy a huge mirror, take it to work and let all of his all-knowing mouth pieces check out the biggest problems facing America today.

Partisan infighting that basically has paralized America all for the sake of being vindictive shit heads (Democrats and Republicans). We can't even get judges confirmed for the benchs slots open because of these selfish assholes. The American people?.....screw them. We got self-interest laws to make, pockets to line and palms to grease.

I challenge your father set up a town hall meeting at this site at a specific time when he can air his views and answer questions.....Not political shit talk. That won't cut it here. I mean real answers to real problems. Remind your father he was elected to help Govern our nation and not Canada. Tell him to tell his buddies to get off their asses and support the American people or he will suggest to his constituancy that they boycott products from the states of those Represtatives who hinder the governing process. Tell him to make sure that he and the other Representatives get to work and do what they promised to do, represent the American people. Even keeping 1% of their promises would be a good start.

You and your buddies can keep on doing your part by boycotting foreign products or you can do something that really means something. I suggest the US military or the Peace Corp. For your information I am a registered Republican and currently serving Vet. Being a veteran does not make you able to walk on water...just get wet.

Thank you, thank you very much.
IRONMIKE