Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:27 pm

Well, I've had some good times here, and I don't want to be overly dramatic(don't even know you people really :lol: plus I'm sure you people might be happy to see me leave :lol: ). There's already tons of members here, and I'm sure that me leaving won't make a dent in the post made, although I'm up to like 1000 post haha, probably sucking up all the space and intruding on peoples convos. My decision to leave is just this hatred that I feel everywhere. Lately I see people agreeing with certain points of views that Americans deserve to be hated, that it's not just our government but that we deserve to be hated, and I dunno, I'm just sick of dealing with people hating me, thinking I'm ignorant, cutting down the United States, and so on. I suppose this has more of an effect on me because I am an American, but I dunno, today this site just made me feel stressed out because you try to talk to people and get your point accross, but they just hate you not matter what, not because of who you are and what you say, but because you are American, so they assume you are stupid, or blame you for everything your government does. Alot of you are really nice people though, but I want my life to be happy and to focus on I dunno, finding myself, you know, not occupying my time at a forum argueing with people. I just hope maybe some of you won't hate Americans as much from maybe something that I've said. Anyways, I'm out. Have a nice life everyone, hopefully the riffs between Americans and Canadians can be changed someday and we can all just realize, on and individual basis, that everyone is different and accept those differences, and not judge people based on nationalities. Also, one more thing. I like Texas, and the United States isn't that ugly(you know who you are if you read that).

Maybe I'll be back, I dunno, I have so much stuff going on. Can't believe I'm taking time to write a goodbye. How lame of me :lol: :lol: oh well, I'm human, I can be lame! :lol: 8)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:37 pm

Johnnyb this is just a forum, in the big picture of life it means nothing, I don't know why you would let it bother you. And just so you know, I doubt anyone here hates you or americans, but the U.S. government is another story all together. So have fun whereever you are. 8)

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:39 pm

Yeah, I haven't left yet. That is why I'm leaving though, because I am a nice person normally, and this site makes me feel like I should be hateful, and that I should hate Americans, or like all Americans are hated. I understand it's just a forum, but sometimes you just become to entrenched in something, by tomorrow I'm going to give it a break. I mean, look at how stressful and how much all of us can sit and yell at each other and get pissed. I want to find some peace, you know. I'm sick of the talk of Canada Vs. the United States, and Americans being dumb, or war hungry, or whatever. I understand not everyone does this, but I've just dealt with it too much here.

It's just been a build up of it, and I myself am looking more into buddhist kind of thought, and just changing myself, and this site really doesn't help, you know. This post just really kind of got to me, and made me feel shitty and weak, and I dunno, it's stupid to get like that over a forum. I don't even know any of you.

http://www.canadaka.net/modules.php?nam ... pic&t=4584

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:46 pm

Come on Johnny, stay. I too have noticed the increased amount of hatred here, but at the same time, it does go both ways and i have no idea which side started what. However, it does perpetuate itself no matter who started it. When i got back here in January, i couldn't stand you. In fact, i started a thread, "Loud Mouthed Americans" in part because of you. But i have come to understand you and your perspective and if you leave, i will miss reading your posts. Some people would be happy to see you go, but you provide balance to this site and you are a hell of a lot more tollerable than some. I know it must be hard to be constantly criticized on your views but as long as you can realize that anyone who does not try to understand where a person is comming from, they aren't worth a second thought.

Johnny, stay.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:53 pm

You know, you have a good point. I actually think that's all I needed haha. That's funny that that post was made after me, never knew :lol: . I was just feeling shitty after a run in with that guy, but it's actually nice to know that someone here actually got where I have been coming from. Although, I have noticed for sometime you have been quite a nice person around here. I mean, what am I thinking, if I just run from someone talking shit to me, I will be a weaker person. Man, what a slip of judgement. This is what happens when you let your feelings cloud your reason. Oh well, hopefully people will disregard this post. I suppose I was just feeling ignored and like everything was filling with hate. Nice to be reminded that there are decent people here.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:59 pm

We have had our differences from time to time Johnny but in all it has been good, Take care and pop back from time to time if just to say hey y'all.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:43 am

the site tends to go through these cycles of increased talk about anti-america, mostly from new members coming in (usualy american) and stiring things up. but it fads away again.
It was much worse before election time, then cooled off.

Will be sad to see you go, i hope you don't.

and there is more to the site than the forums. I hope you still visit

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:12 am

Does this means you're gonna stay at CKA, Johnny :?:

I hope you do. You've been extremely effective as a "goodwill ambassador" for the US, always reminding us that it is foolish to oversimplify everything as an "America Evil - Rest of the Planet Good" kind of thing.

It must be pretty emotionally exhausting to play that role, but it adds depth to the various discussions/debates/arguments/fights in the forum. Things would be diminished here without your contribution.

...so you better stay, goddamit! [BB]

Boston Bruins
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:39 am

Dont you dare threaten to leave like that Johnny.......Do you have any idea how many more posts Godz will be making if you leave just to fill in the empty spots....LOL

hope you stick around dude.....I really enjoy reading your posts

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:45 am

Stick around johny... You are one of the voices of reason and moderation here.. never ahd a problem with anything you ahve ever poatsed here... Stick around and give back as good as you take buddy.. (RH)

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:50 am

I to hope you stick around Johnny. Although I haven't always agreed with everything you've said, you've always debated in good faith.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:29 pm

I haven't really posted in a while . But every day I read what is happening on the site . I look forward to reading your posts Johnny , cause as RH said you are a voice of reason . And make a of sense . I really do not care wether a person is blue , black , Pink , what ever I dont hate anyone , I do kinda critisize the American govt . But I dont dislike the american people .
I wrk for a carnival company and work in the late summer and fall with an American based show in the Pacific northwest and all of the people I have met are very nice and they have never shown disfavor with us Canadians who work with them . So stick around eh . Whew that was too much typing gotta have a coffe.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:49 am

Johnny... Though I think you are a bit of a whiny boy for making a good bye post ( ;);) ), I do enjoy reading your posts. As someone else said you are pretty good at representing an objective American aspect.

With that in mind, you should prolly take a break and find a girlfriend ;)

Im playin...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:57 am

JohnnyB, everyone's attacking the yanks cause there is no hockey this year. Canadians need some ass to kick, and with no crappy US teams (and maybe the Leafs) asses to kick, what are we supposed to do?
Ok, so lets lay off the US for a while. How bout those war mongering fish stealing bastard Spanish :twisted: Let's git em!!!!!

IAM(also)CANADIAN