CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 1:37 pm

Think about it, there are probably more Americans greater than the population of Canada, Austrailia, The U.K., and New Zealand who do not agree with Bushes politics. So lets not generalize peoples politics or values based on thier nationality. Also, there are more Americans who know Ottawa is the capital of Canada then there are Canadians

Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 1:56 pm

Where'd you find out that more americans know about our Capital then Canadians do? and don't forget you just mentioned our population differential as well.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 2:29 pm

Lol that is complete rubish, i would bet 90% of canadians know that Ottawa is the capital.

Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2003 2:53 pm

With the government being mentioned like *insert insanely high number here* times, most canadians should know...unless they've isolated themselves into the mountains for years and don't care whats going on in their country 8O.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 9:19 am

CanadaKA CanadaKA:
Lol that is complete rubish, i would bet 90% of canadians know that Ottawa is the capital.

JESUS...WHen did they move it to Ottawa???? :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2003 11:52 pm

It likely will et2brute

Oh, and hi all - its my first time stopping by.

Ive got what i believe is a pro-american stance with canadian twist on it. I have relations who live in the US and who are Americans and i love them like brothers, literally. On the otherhand - i am a Cannuck who appreciates my soveriegnty and rights as a Canadian. I like our sovereignty because, in theory, we can make our own decisions ( EVEN THOUGH THOSE DIPSHITS IN OTTAWA ARE RETARDED). I am all for sending troops to take Saddam out because a person with his manners and cruelty is a public threat to all. Do you think he wouldn't like to nuke all of the free world?! - but of course he wont unless he knows e can get away with it. This is where the Good ole US comes in, and as they say they have defended freedom for us all. We all halped as we could in WW2, but the reality was that the US just had the most man power and was a valuable ally. Its just a pitty that they went on to hog all the credit between themselves and the Brits. Canada gets thanks for nothing in this world... Anyways, im going O.T.

Our economy is tied together in such a was that if the Us goes down, at the current time, so will Canada. We can lessen this jerk by opening trade pathes with other countries and push our products into foreign markets - O, but wait - thats too forceful - so unCanadian :roll:

With power comes arrogance and a sence of supperiority, which almost is undenyable of Americans. With power comes responsibility. I believe it is inherit in human race that power goes to ones head. Consider this though - if Canada was the world super power with countless Figher Wings of Avo Arrows all over our country and a military uncomparable to others - with out governments shaky and quick changing stances on everything they world would be in chaos trying to follow our policies! Just my thoughts. God Bless the Free World.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 5:30 am

Arctic_Fox Arctic_Fox:
Consider this though - if Canada was the world super power with countless Figher Wings of Avo Arrows all over our country and a military uncomparable to others - with out governments shaky and quick changing stances on everything they world would be in chaos trying to follow our policies! Just my thoughts. God Bless the Free World.

I loved that part of your statment. Really WHO KNOWS where we would be had certain decisions not been made a few years back..

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2003 10:06 am

Time for new canadian paradigm in these challenging times . One likes to think that this species can come up with new ideas . A nation untouchable in conventional and nuclear might , was unable to prevent airliners from crashing into the world trade center . Apparently there were warnings about dangers prior to 9 /11 , yet they went unheeded . Why do we not hear of any discussion about investigations into 9 /11 since Kissinger stepped down ? - Why was Kissinger even chosen in the first place ? Why ,with all it's might , as well as considerable influence over Israel , hasn't the u.s. forced a solution, along with the UN , a solution to the palestinian problem ? I guess it's possible the u.s. doesn't have all the answers , or won't properly apply the knowledge it does have . In this world , what is needed is intelligence services second to none . Today that means arabic speaking people , and contacts that have their finger on the pulse of third world populations . Nation building and peacekeeping designed to help indegenous people - independent of ' national interests ' goes a long way towards preventing or reducing problems later . In short , winning the hearts and minds - it's a lesson the u.s. did not learn in Vietnam , and according to a few american special forces in afghanistan , there is a learning problem there too . If and when military force is required , then well - equipped and highly trained mobile forces with a modest airlift capability , supported by self sustained amphibious forces are what is needed . So Canada could spend more on defense , and I think it should . However , Canada's foreign policy should be dictated by what it ( it's people ) believe to be in the country's best interest , if it happens to agree with that of the u.s. and military force is needed , then stand together , but maintain your right to disagree and follow a different path . I think Canada could use an increase in defense spending , but it doesn't require dozens of multi - billion dollar weapons programs , and if done properly , might even benefit the economy , without creating a military industrial complex . A word about evil dictators , from this point foward , if any democratic nation sees some madman that needs to be stopped - then show consistency in toppling them - that means the left AND right - wing varieties . And finally , a nation is strongest when it is free , and populated by informed and compassionate people who realize that , regardless of differences , we all share the same speck of dust in a rather large universe . Canada appears to have an advantage over America in that respect - beefing up your military is the easy part. It's not the size of your population ; it's the motion of the people . Chow , folks !

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 12:31 am

honestly i bet 90% americans DONT know the capital of canada. especially in states that dont border canada. I live down here in tennessee, which is atleast a..... 12+ hour drive to canada and nobody here gives a flick about canada sadly enough. When I tell people I am 'into' canada they just laugh b/c unfortunately most ppl here think of canada as a joke(mainly b/c your not a military power imho :roll: oh and you play hockey :wink: ) and ive even asked people before if they knew the capital and usually they just say toronto(b/c its the most widely known canadian city to america) or they just say they dont know. But again its hard to blame us. I mean we(america) being the lone superpower and always getting into shit is constantly in the news and being talked about. On the other hand, I might have heard canada mentioned MAYBE 5-6 times on the news in my life(local news). but CNN might mention canada every once in a while, but usually if anything its a human interest story not something political.

-2 cents from a can-american

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 2:26 pm

[font=Arial] [/font] [color=#] [/color] I personally, think America is a wonderful country. Even though I'm Canadian, I know a lot of great American's. I do agree, however, that they need to be educated more on things like Canada... and their own country.. :lol:

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 3:50 pm

http://www.buzzflash.com/contributors/0 ... reaks.html

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:01 am

I think Americans should be educated in the real history of U.S. Foreign Policy. The most common phrase I hear from Yanks is,

"Why does everyone hate us?", "Look at all the good things we do for other countries."

If they could only digest the truth, rather than regurgitate what Bush & company feed them.

If they could only see inside the "closets" of The George Bush Center of Intelligence, to see the skeletons piled high from the U.S. Foreign Policy.

After watching Rick Mercer's American program, no wonder why it's so easy to fool them to believing the crap they're being fed.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 1:20 am

Back to the main topic, I saw that Oprah too. What amazed me the most was the students who were talking in Iraq and Isreal. One student inparticular pointed out that the entire world was expected to, and did, stop to mourn an 9/11 when 3000 Americans were lost. But, when 40,000 or 400,000 people are lost in the Middle East due to wars and invasions no one stops to mourn. Even after the Gulf War, there are no longer people mourning the loss of 1000s of lives, but everyone is expected to mark the anniversary of 9/11 forever.
I really believe that if the terrorist attacks occured to Canadians on Canadian soil, there would not have been the sense of urgency for the War in Afghanistan. I also believe that there is a reason that the US was chosen, and that is that the terrorists knew that the Americans would expect the world to mourn and stop for them. Eventually all of the Middle East countries would turn on Americans and other European countries would too. The result of the UN resolutions proves that.
I often wonder if something bigger is planned and is going to hit sooner than we think, and close to home for us Canadians. The Americans do think that they rule the world, and right now it feels like they do, but someone, somewhere is going to knock them on their A$$ soon.