bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:12 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
I have a compromise though. If these people feel they were being misled about joining up they should offer to repay the government all money that was spent in training them and perhaps a we bit more as an early out penalty. Maybe then they could be allowed to go.
PDT_Armataz_01_37

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:29 pm

I am not totally dispassionate towards these guys... but they made the choice to run instead of taking care of their problems. All they would face is a little jail time and a general or dishonorable discharge.

I went through bootcamp with a FUBAR, who I wanted to beat up myself. But I felt sorry for him later when it turned out he couldn't stand taking orders and became the most ridiculed guy on base. I was the only person who would talk to him and convinced him to take care of things instead of running away. He got a general discharge and nobody got hurt. Last I heard he went to jail after shooting a guy in the butt during a traffic dispute. Now, if he had just gone to Canada, he wouldn't be in jail because he would not have had a gun. In Canada you can only spit and call each other names. Yes, I should have sent him to Canada.

We should pay Canada to keep these guys. They could march in Canadian parades as Un-Americans and make you all feel good by being the desired country of choice. Serves your political needs and cleans our slates.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:31 pm

That post wasn't constructive at all. A lot of us don't want the deserters here, but making fun of Canadians won't make you any friends.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:02 pm

Ruxpercnd Ruxpercnd:
We should pay Canada to keep these guys. They could march in Canadian parades as Un-Americans and make you all feel good by being the desired country of choice. Serves your political needs and cleans our slates.

Alienation is deserting your own reason and conscience.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:20 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
That post wasn't constructive at all. A lot of us don't want the deserters here, but making fun of Canadians won't make you any friends.

Wow! a little sensitive are we? Y'all beat up on USA. all the time... my only recompense is to poke at Canadians once in a while. I am not worried about making friends. I already know that Canadians are wonderful people. But if Canada insists on taking in deserters and bashing America, then I will say something about it.

I was trying to illustrate first hand experience with people who can't handle military life.

Actually, I think I would rather face off against an American with a gun than a Canadian with a hockey stick.

With a nice guy like Harper at the helm and somebody other than Bush coming on board on our side, the future looks bright between Canada and USA.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:27 pm

Ruxpercnd Ruxpercnd:
Y'all beat up on USA. all the time... my only recompense is to poke at Canadians once in a while. I am not worried about making friends. I already know that Canadians are wonderful people. But if Canada insists on taking in deserters and bashing America, then I will say something about it.

Y'all? I think you mean some. My point is, in your attempt at getting back at some of the people that do that you are insulting the rest of us that don't.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Carolina Hurricans
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:34 pm

I've got a good idea: Keep 'em and make them help repair the submarines. At least their military training will not go to waste and Canada will get another sub seaworthy sooner :)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:55 pm

Keep them. Make them work in call centers for a year cuz we can understand them when they talk.
Make sure they get their absentee ballots and use them come November!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:10 pm

Better option, kick them out and give them the option of the North Korea, Iran, Bhutan, Taiwan or the US. Then they can decide if they want to face the music or true exile with nations that won't send them to the US because they won't get it here.
$1:
Dodging the draft will be more difficult than those from the Vietnam era remember. College and Canada will not be options. In December 2001, Canada and the US signed a Smart Border Declaration, which could be used to keep would-be draft dodgers in. Signed by Canada's Minister of Foreign Affairs, John Manley, and US Homeland Security Director, Gov. Tom Ridge, the declaration involves a 30-point plan which implements, among other things, a pre-clearance agreement of people entering and departing each country. Reforms aimed at making the draft more equitable along gender and class lines also eliminates higher education as a shelter. Underclassmen would only be able to postpone service until the end of their cur-rent semester. Seniors would have until the end of the academic year.*

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:40 am

Scape Scape:
Better option, kick them out and give them the option of the North Korea, Iran, Bhutan, Taiwan or the US. Then they can decide if they want to face the music or true exile with nations that won't send them to the US because they won't get it here.
$1:
Dodging the draft will be more difficult than those from the Vietnam era remember. College and Canada will not be options. In December 2001, Canada and the US signed a Smart Border Declaration, which could be used to keep would-be draft dodgers in. Signed by Canada's Minister of Foreign Affairs, John Manley, and US Homeland Security Director, Gov. Tom Ridge, the declaration involves a 30-point plan which implements, among other things, a pre-clearance agreement of people entering and departing each country. Reforms aimed at making the draft more equitable along gender and class lines also eliminates higher education as a shelter. Underclassmen would only be able to postpone service until the end of their cur-rent semester. Seniors would have until the end of the academic year.*

Giving preference to where the soldier is deployed is a bad idea. We would have the entire US military stationed in Hawaii if that was the case. That and it would set other precidents for honoring what the soldier want and instead of what the country needs. I want to fly I jet, but I can't. Should I have the ability to walk out then?

I like the new draft proposal. It fixes the giant loophole with rich parents being able to get their kids out of the draft.

Though I would have to dispute the gender equity clause in there, but that is just my protect the women instinct at all cost instinct kicking in.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:27 am

travior travior:
I've got a good idea: Keep 'em and make them help repair the submarines. At least their military training will not go to waste and Canada will get another sub seaworthy sooner :)

Now Dat's sum funnee stuff right dere. ROTFL

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:27 am

novachick novachick:
Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
Thanks but no thanks. This isn't 1969 and these clowns aren't draft dodgers. They're volunteers..................not voluntolds.

We've got enough problems without having a group of non hacking, former warrior wannabe's pushing an anti war agenda, for their own personal protection, in a country that, they neither belong to or likely even knew exhisted till they, abandoned their comrades in an hour of crisis.

Draft dodgers were clowns in my book too.

Completely agreed, but at least they didn't willingly take the "Queens Crown", before deciding to go over the hill, which puts them one level up on the evolutionary scale to these ass wipes.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:05 am

The US have the justice system to deal with desertion.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:43 am

its kinda sad to see American turn on fellow Americans...i think its sad

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:52 am

Anastasios Anastasios:
its kinda sad to see American turn on fellow Americans...i think its sad

PssssstImageIt's 2009 and we have new topics 8O