Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:54 am

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL well said Nova !!

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:54 am

Streaker Streaker:
Indeed, they shouldn't be punished for not wanting to be murderers.

They shouldn't have joined the forces if they didn't want to be in a war, end of story!

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:59 am

Ruxpercnd Ruxpercnd:
I am not totally dispassionate towards these guys... but they made the choice to run instead of taking care of their problems. All they would face is a little jail time and a general or dishonorable discharge.

I went through bootcamp with a FUBAR, who I wanted to beat up myself. But I felt sorry for him later when it turned out he couldn't stand taking orders and became the most ridiculed guy on base. I was the only person who would talk to him and convinced him to take care of things instead of running away. He got a general discharge and nobody got hurt. Last I heard he went to jail after shooting a guy in the butt during a traffic dispute. Now, if he had just gone to Canada, he wouldn't be in jail because he would not have had a gun. In Canada you can only spit and call each other names. Yes, I should have sent him to Canada.

We should pay Canada to keep these guys. They could march in Canadian parades as Un-Americans and make you all feel good by being the desired country of choice. Serves your political needs and cleans our slates.

Problem is that Canada wasn't their country of choice until the were asked to go fight a war and decided the didn't want to be soldiers anymore. I thought basic training was a tool to not only train troops but to get the wimps and fuckos out that had no business being there in the first place.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:57 pm

Choban Choban:
Ruxpercnd Ruxpercnd:
I am not totally dispassionate towards these guys... but they made the choice to run instead of taking care of their problems. All they would face is a little jail time and a general or dishonorable discharge.

I went through bootcamp with a FUBAR, who I wanted to beat up myself. But I felt sorry for him later when it turned out he couldn't stand taking orders and became the most ridiculed guy on base. I was the only person who would talk to him and convinced him to take care of things instead of running away. He got a general discharge and nobody got hurt. Last I heard he went to jail after shooting a guy in the butt during a traffic dispute. Now, if he had just gone to Canada, he wouldn't be in jail because he would not have had a gun. In Canada you can only spit and call each other names. Yes, I should have sent him to Canada.

We should pay Canada to keep these guys. They could march in Canadian parades as Un-Americans and make you all feel good by being the desired country of choice. Serves your political needs and cleans our slates.

Problem is that Canada wasn't their country of choice until the were asked to go fight a war and decided the didn't want to be soldiers anymore. I thought basic training was a tool to not only train troops but to get the wimps and fuckos out that had no business being there in the first place.

Well... it is interesting to see who washes out in boot camp. There are people who just don't fit the bill. As a seventeen year old, I was the youngest person in the unit. I survived by just laying low, but I must have been a tough little bastard, also. I remember doing double-time with our rifles ( not the Mattel toys they use now, but a 12 pound M-1 Garand... I got to take that rifle into Canada.... but that is another story), and this guy just keels over into the ditch (heart problem) - he was out of the program. Seriously, I couldn't begin to carry all the gear they carry these days.

Thing is... having been there, running away is just not necessary.

My deepest respect for all those who have served their country. It's nasty, it's tough, it's dangerous. If you don't like the necessity of having to protect our world, then get out there and wage peace like hell. Does Canada have anything like the U.S. Peace Corps? Of, course those runaway weenies wouldn't even leave their wet diapers long enough to do anything useful.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:37 pm

Well, a problem is that the US Military advertises only money for school. Ive spoken to alot of people going into the service and they're not joining for war.. they're joining for school. When they get called into service for a war that they know nothing "or care" about, unless they are really freaking set on being there... there is no incentive to stay.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:46 pm

swater96 swater96:
Well, a problem is that the US Military advertises only money for school. Ive spoken to alot of people going into the service and they're not joining for war.. they're joining for school. When they get called into service for a war that they know nothing "or care" about, unless they are really freaking set on being there... there is no incentive to stay.

Don't join the military then. If they're good enough to join for a free education, then they're good enough to fight with if you get sent to fight.

Seriously, that's like joining the fire dept but not wanting to go into burning buildings. It's a hazard of the profession. Deal with it or don't join up. Period.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:59 pm

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
swater96 swater96:

Don't join the military then. If they're good enough to join for a free education, then they're good enough to fight with if you get sent to fight.

Seriously, that's like joining the fire dept but not wanting to go into burning buildings. It's a hazard of the profession. Deal with it or don't join up. Period.

And many don't realize that.

I can say for sure that im going into the Air Force as an officer in Aerospace Engineering, im not doing it for school, im doing it to serve our Canada and our World. So its not everyone, its even a possibility that they do it because they arent sure about what they want to do.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:40 pm

ShintoMale ShintoMale:
you folks should be worried that your nation is the most hated in the world
People who hate the USA more than any other country should be worried about the screwed up judgment it takes to hate the US more than, say, North Korea.

CanAm1 CanAm1:
French [in]ability to work a full 40 hours or you would get a fine.
How big a fine? Is it possible to get paid enough that you still make money even after the fine? If so, that's a great loophole.

CanAm1 CanAm1:
Were GWB a true conservative the US would be in better financial shape too.
So true.