CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:14 pm

I think it should the border is all weird. We should buy Northern Maine and that Southern tip of Alaska from the Americans. :idea:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:35 pm

I dont think that will ever ever happen.. It might in alaska not as inhabited as Maine. People in Maine would shit themselves!!! I think we should buy a nice warm state myself. But I dont think the states would allow anyone to buy anything. It would probably be more likely that the states would buy parts of Canada.

Not like they dont own us already. :(

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:57 pm

... you can't "buy" land anymore... not from a country and claim it as your own...

Second, the Alaska Panhandle (The part that runs beside BC) Was originally ours.Then Klondike happened, the gold rush... The USA wanted control of the ports so they could tax the gold and make a killing on all the supplies being bought, but so did we. So we got a committe together of 5 judges (That right amount?) 2 judges were Canadian, 2 were American, the fifth was British. The reason we had this committee, to decide who owned what parts, was because if the US didn't get it, they would invade... Thats what their then president threatened, and the committee was how we countered this.. Anyway... You could guess that seeing as we were closer to the British at that time they would have sided with us... Wrong, it was 3-2 for the Americans... The British judge backstabbed us... Why? Because of the Arms Race between Germany and Britain... Just before the Great War... The British sucked up to the good ol' US of A 'cause they were afriad that when this Great War broke out, that they may lose...

Not like suckin' up helped them any... USA stayed out of WWI as long as possible...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:33 pm

When have the Brits ever really done anything to our benefit? :roll:

As far as an American state goes we should relieve them of California {hell they'd beg us to take them! :D}, which seems to be Canadianizing rapidly even without our attention. :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:57 pm

I always thought the U.S. bought Alaska from Russia? Anyhow, the Yukon is way nicer than Alaska.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:03 pm

The US did Marlins, just the Panhandle was mostly under our control. They didn't care, that is, they didn't care until their was money to be gained...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:05 pm

Not really... Our 3 territories hold 1/3 of the world's diamonds. I don't believe that's small potatoes.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 7:25 pm

...that our three terrortories hold so much of the worlds diamonds.. I know we have alot... you also have to take into account that the majority of our diamonds are inaccessible at this moment in time. Anyway, in Africas Ivory Coast you can go on the beach and literally pick up handfuls of diamonds... Unrefined of course... Thats one reason the civil wars happening in Africa can go on for so long... Thats why you hear alot about African blood diamonds... Another thing also... Diamonds are damn near as common as any other type of rock.. Except that one company has a monopoly over diamonds... Owns something like 95% of all diamonds/diamond mines.

An interesting think about Topaz.... Blue Topaz that you see in stores is usually just regular clear Topaz, shined and perfected in a BC laboratory... ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 10:11 pm

we should have a commite to see who should have the panhandle. We could threaten to invade and take it over and if they didnt hold a commite meeting and vote then we wouldnt let them to any of the hockey games we had there. lol. that would show them..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:06 pm

I dun see why the U.S. would give it up, It has Billions of dollars of oil of the coast of it. They bought it from the Russians too.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:09 pm

isnt there oil north of that strip of Alaska. I didn't know the americans took it from us! We should get it back, there are probably a lot of countries that would back us up.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:22 pm

Why should we take it back? We aren't using what we've got, are having trouble maintaining our sovereignty in the other territories in fact. Let the borders stay where they are.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:23 pm

Double post, nevermind.

Last edited by Rev_Blair on Mon Jan 05, 2004 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:20 pm

Laconfir, I love that history stuff.... Have you been up there? I travelled to the Yukon it was one of my better trips, the gold rush history is amazing. Another
Good story is about Hyder Alaska... Hyder is so small that the kids come to Canada to go to school, and the US parents hate it because the get taught about Canadian history not US History.. isnt that great. That what I heard anyway... HYder is way below Stewart Alaska, one of the entrances to the gold rush in the Yukon.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:34 pm

... with a guy that claimed to be American, and the way he sounded it was like most Alaskans feel more Canadian then American... Now I'm not sure if that is true everywhere in Alaska, but he sure felt more Canadian... It seems alot of Americans couldn't even find Alaska on a map, some didn't even know it was part of America...

No Offense to Alaskans... The only reason I'd want Alaska in Canada is to make the map look bigger, Yukon/Alaska border makes it look funky...

Sadley Goaler, no I have not.. I would love to travel all around Canada, specifically in BC and up North (Not that the other provinces have nothin' to offer..) I'd also like to see Albertas Milk River, its more of an American river I guess.. But it still looks pretty cool... I'd like to go to the spot in Newfoundland where the vikings landed too :)