Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 8:32 am

:evil:

[font=Verdana] [/font][font=Times New Roman] [/font]

Why do the US music media have such a down on Avril Lavigne? Rolling Stone is a prime example - the cover feature story they did on her contained basic inaccuracies. I wrote to them politely pointing out that Avril had sold 12 million records not 4.5m as they said, that if they were so bothered about how much she contributed to songwriting on Let Go then all they had to do was look up the royalties split on the copyright website, and asking how many songs Norah Jones wrote - aided or unaided. What a surprise..not published. No, the only letters they ran were all anti-Avril/anti-Canadian music. The latest edition contains a photo of her with the PM with a carefully worded but snipey caption. And now all this crap on MTV about the phoney Avril-Fred Durst "romance" link. How unlikely - she don't date creeps. Rock on, Avril !

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 4:15 pm

Oh my god, don't get me started on how fake and lame she is AGAIN!! :x

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 5:52 pm

As much as I haet Avril,I hate the US music industry 10 times more.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 5:49 am

8O [font=Times New Roman] [/font]

Anyone see her performance on Metallica Icon ... pretty darn good ! Also, Rolling Stone self-styled "international music magazine of record" - is that why it's full of long, overblown features on Lennon & McCartney - didn't check its facts on another point...that Arista initially signed her (at 16) as a singer, and then upgraded her contract to singer-songwriter.

Also...any Rush fans out there - saw them on their UK tour 25 years ago...they are the guys responsible for my interest in Canadian music ! Their records still sell well in Britain..roll the bones !