Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:18 am

angler57 angler57:
I also believe that if a foreigner or Canadian brings one of these into my country, without proper Canadian authorization, they should be charged and or imprisoned, have their weapon confiscated and destroyed, and be banned from ever entering Canada again(I wish some 'Canadians' could be given the boot too).. Enough information??

Agree entirely ShepherdsDog.

Also agree with all statements concerning combat weapons.
Guess on the handgun issue we'll have to agree to disagree.
My primary interest now is directed toward black powder weapons.
Don't know how many out there have built or fired a flintlocke rifle or pistol.
Hobby gives a gray haired Lil old man something to keep mind and body active.
Spending a day working or shooting is as good as a day in the kayak with a flyrod.

Thanks to all, nice to get the discussion to more civil footing.

Looked at an 1850's replica Enfield rifle once. Was rather tempted.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:45 am

Chech this search site;

Black Powder Revolvers ... Easily removable/replaceable cylinders made reloading extremely fast.

Built one of these. My poor little grey cells.
Sure it was the 1858.? Maybe?

It is a thrill to put on range.

Could Gunnair take the place of Gunny?
Got to get to gym. Am late.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:50 am

Never a flintlocke. I do own two black powders, an 1876 Tower, used by the empire for a few years. It's a percussion cap rifle. Then I have a 45 cal. Martini-Henry. It was in use from 1871 to about 1890's. I believe the first cartridge style rifle used by the British army and was their last black powder weapon.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:17 am

Well, we as Canadians can sit here and call our American cousins 'paranoid' all we want, the facts are, the US violent crime rate is dropping 3 times faster than ours. AND, it JUST HAPPENS to be coincidental to states adopting CCW laws.

post1585049#p1585049

Interesting....maybe there is something to the idea of allowing licensed individuals to carry a concealed weapon if they chose to do so. There is a proven net benefit to society as the criminal element does not know WHICH citizen is armed, and hence you get reduction of crime in general.

Food for thought.

There are lots of media and information regarding the benefits of CCW laws, as of yet, I have found ZERO LEO agency in the US that oppose it. Why? because it works.

http://www.canadaka.net/link.php?id=45087

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:57 pm

QBC QBC:
Never a flintlocke. I do own two black powders, an 1876 Tower, used by the empire for a few years. It's a percussion cap rifle. Then I have a 45 cal. Martini-Henry. It was in use from 1871 to about 1890's. I believe the first cartridge style rifle used by the British army and was their last black powder weapon.

Found the Tower and the Henry. Nice pieces.
The handguns we have are cap and ball. Long are flintlocke.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:13 pm

uwish uwish:
Well, we as Canadians can sit here and call our American cousins 'paranoid' all we want, the facts are, the US violent crime rate is dropping 3 times faster than ours. AND, it JUST HAPPENS to be coincidental to states adopting CCW laws.

post1585049#p1585049

Interesting....maybe there is something to the idea of allowing licensed individuals to carry a concealed weapon if they chose to do so. There is a proven net benefit to society as the criminal element does not know WHICH citizen is armed, and hence you get reduction of crime in general.

Food for thought.

There are lots of media and information regarding the benefits of CCW laws, as of yet, I have found ZERO LEO agency in the US that oppose it. Why? because it works.

Dropping faster perhaps, but still far higher.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:13 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:
Fortunately, Campbell's know how to bake.

ROTFL

"We'll just tell your mother we ate the pie."

CLASSIC!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:14 pm

uwish uwish:

post1585049#p1585049

Food for thought.

Well I guess this bears repeating..YET AGAIN.
Vermont-a CCW state. Pop. 600,000. Gun crime rate 119/100,000
Metro-Toronto, a city in a gun control country. Pop, 6,000,000 Gun crime rate 40/100,000. 10 times the population and only 1/3 of the gun crime rate.
What a success story for CCW :roll:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:27 pm

angler57 angler57:

All firearms can be defined as "combat weapons" by people who have an agenda. :idea:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:32 pm

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
Vermont-a CCW state.

Sorry to correct you, but Vermont does not issue concealed carry permits for carrying concealed within Vermont.

Vermont says that any law-abiding citizen inherently has this right and that the state has no right to regulate concealed carry by law abiding citizens.

I agree.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:36 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
angler57 angler57:

All firearms can be defined as "combat weapons" by people who have an agenda. :idea:

Even better, I made a bayonet for a fiend, to clip onto his db 12g. 8)

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:24 pm

angler57 angler57:
QBC QBC:

Found the Tower and the Henry. Nice pieces.
The handguns we have are cap and ball. Long are flintlocke.

They are very nice rifles and in great shape. I also have the Enfield-Martini, basically the same style rifle as the Henry-Martini but up calibered to the 303 British, I actually still use that one for hunting on occasion... :wink:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:04 pm

Gunnair Gunnair:

Looked at an 1850's replica Enfield rifle once. Was rather tempted.
Got one, it's a nice piece.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:06 pm

QBC QBC:
Then I have a 45 cal. Martini-Henry. It was in use from 1871 to about 1890's.

[drool]

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:58 am

The ole 45/70's rolling block, Henry would knock a rider out of the saddle if he didn't have his act together. Fired a friends on occassion. Used to hunt with a 50 cal 90 grain load. And, the Henry got my attention. NICE PIECE!!!!.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1198 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 5  6  7  8  9  10  11 ... 80  Next