CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 714
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:50 am
 


Okay, this is what pisses me off about Americans.

What makes you and angler believe that you are above Canadian law and Canadian customs while in Canada? That's why sandorski said no.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr Canada; Those are your words. Have visited Canada a number of times. Have friends and family there. Would have home there if monies permitted.
Would never, repeat never insult or disrespect Canada or Canadians. Something many of Ya'lll seem to practice with joy, snipping at USA and us Rednecks.
Why Mr Canada are your rights in your home important and ours are not????
Happy Trails Mr Canada from your friend the redneck.
Have expanded my profile. Please have a read


Offline
Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 714
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:34 am
 


For ShepherdsDog or any interested parties. Just a few days short our seventy-first year. Grew up poor. Before becoming a photo journalist worked all night. Then came home watered. Fed. Plowed or mowed or what ever the season demanded.
Milked and did a bit of rendering.
Grew-up with shotgun in hand. We always ate what ever we killed. Used squirrel tails and duck feathers to tie flies.
Only caught and ate what fish we needed. Anything taken was put on the table.
For a number of years we lived down a dirt lane 1/4 mile to the gravel road. Another five miles to county road and 15 miles into town.
Had truck garden, beef and chickens to tend to. Weren't no big super markets out our way. You raised it you ate it.
Oh yes, wore our countries uniform with pride. Army and Coast Guard.
Now, SherpherdsDog, tell us a tad about yourself????


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23555
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:08 am
 


angler57 wrote:
For ShepherdsDog or any interested parties. Just a few days short our seventy-first year. Grew up poor. Before becoming a photo journalist worked all night. Then came home watered. Fed. Plowed or mowed or what ever the season demanded.
Milked and did a bit of rendering.
Grew-up with shotgun in hand. We always ate what ever we killed. Used squirrel tails and duck feathers to tie flies.
Only caught and ate what fish we needed. Anything taken was put on the table.
For a number of years we lived down a dirt lane 1/4 mile to the gravel road. Another five miles to county road and 15 miles into town.
Had truck garden, beef and chickens to tend to. Weren't no big super markets out our way. You raised it you ate it.
Oh yes, wore our countries uniform with pride. Army and Coast Guard.
Now, SherpherdsDog, tell us a tad about yourself????


I'm curious what motivates you to join a Canadian forum and unload diatribes such as this?


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 42160
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:33 am
 


shepherdsdog wrote:
Angler57 wrote:
not uncommon to step out on porch and add a rabbit or squirrel to the breakfast or lunch menu. Also kept much needed monies in our pockets.


Just how old are you and where did you grow up?? I don't think I've ever shot a squirrel(tree rats) to eat...well for our cats, yes. I've killed a fair number of rabbits, but my grandmother only served it twice and the rest of the time I've ate it, it was in a restaurant. Most of the food I ate growing up came from Safeway or Co-op, or what ever animals my dad kept for a hobby(15 cattle, 30 butcher sows, 30 turkeys, a horse and 500 Cornish Giants...guess who fed, cleaned and watered his hobbies)

Most of the game I shot was seasonal.. deer(jumper, elk and moose) or water fowl(duck or goose) and the occasional prairie chicken....but never tree rats.




Because he mentioned that he kept a shot gun on the front stoop and shot rabbits and squirrels from there for the dinner stewpot. I asked how old he was, because I didn't know of too many people who considered tree rat part of their weekly meal plan. Images of pre depression hillbillies or northern bush nomads comes to mind. He's only a few(<6 yrs) years older than my dad, who grew up in mining towns in northern Manitoba, and my mom who grew up on a farm in southern Manitoba. I can't remember anyone, including my grandparents ever mentioning squirrel as a dish.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20955
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:02 am
 


angler57 wrote:
Mr Canada; Those are your words. Have visited Canada a number of times. Have friends and family there. Would have home there if monies permitted.
Would never, repeat never insult or disrespect Canada or Canadians. Something many of Ya'lll seem to practice with joy, snipping at USA and us Rednecks.
Why Mr Canada are your rights in your home important and ours are not????
Happy Trails Mr Canada from your friend the redneck.
Have expanded my profile. Please have a read

Your rights in your home are fine. While I don't believe in the necessity of guns, I could care less what Americans do with them.

But at the border, you better have left your guns at home. We are our own culture, our own people, and a gun being present would be offensive to many of us. We aren't all anti-gun up here, but not many of us are willing or accepting of seeing a gun in our peaceful arenas. Even before the gun registry, it was like this. Guns are for hunting. Not for society. It's not a "right" and we don't care all that much for guns in Canada.

And also, it's against our law, that should be the end of the discussion. We will hopefully never allow Americans to enter the country with all their weaponry, we have enough problems with that.

So we Canadians will not provide you with your American rights while in Canada. Keep your guns at home and shoot animals and crap down there.


Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9914
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:16 am
 


As far as I can find out..there are just over 11 million guns in Canada and about 5 million Registered gun owners. I would imagine the number of actual gun owners is far higher than 5 million due to the number who refused to register their long gun. Some of the info I found was as far back as 1974 as you can see by the breakdown of types of firearms, but the numbers seem to be constant up until 1996.

Quote:
1998 – BETWEEN 7.2 AND 11 MILLION GUNS IN CANADA – JUSTICE DEPT.

3.2 Key Projections - 3.2.1 Volumetrics

“The federal SDM [Service Delivery Models] assumes – based on cumulative research evidence – that the number of firearm owners and firearms will – in reality – fall between the low and medium range. [Footnote #2 - Surveys undertaken from 1989 and 1998 have indicated household ownership to be in decline, ownership was recorded at a high of 33% in 1992 and 17% in 1997 according to an Environics Survey – Focus Canada; initial results of the 1998 Angus Reid survey do not significantly affect prior analyses and findings.”]
The following are the baseline volumetric assumptions:
Canada
Low Range Estimates
= 2,400,000 firearms owners

= 7,200,000 firearms

Medium Range Estimates
= 3,100,000 firearms owners

= 9,000,000 firearms

High Range Estimates
= 3,800,000 firearms owners

= 11,000,000 firearms

SOURCE: Memorandum of Agreement Respecting the Federal-Provincial Financial Agreement Addressing the Administration of the Firearms Act and Regulations Between The Government of Canada and The Government of the Province of Ontario – APPENDIX ‘A’ SERVICE DELIVERY MODELS, DISCUSSION PAPER (Version #2a) Overview, Analysis & Development of a Baseline Model, Operations Transition Planning, Canadian Firearms Centre, May 19, 1998. NOTE: This Agreement with Ontario was signed by Justice Minister Anne McLellan on December 2, 1999 and by Ontario Solicitor General David Tsubouchi on September 14, 2000


Quote:
1996 – BETWEEN 7 AND 11 MILLION FIREARMS IN CANADA - RCMP
TABLE: Jurisdictional Results (2003) [by province]

FIREARMS – Canada Low End = 7,275,959

High End = 11,011,647

SOURCE: Response to Access to Information Request - RCMP File # 1999ATIP15503 dated October 24, 2000 – Government spreadsheet dated: October 16, 1996



Quote:
1974 – 11,186,000 FIREARMS IN CANADA – STATISTICS CANADA
TABLE 1 – FIREARMS STOCK

Table 1(a) Proportional Breakdown of Estimated Total Firearms Stock, 1974

Comment: there are approximately 11 million firearms in Canada. This total is broken down as follows:

Handguns = 717,000 6%

Rifles = 6,652,000 60%

Shotguns = 3,817,000 34%

Total = 11,186,000


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20955
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:23 am
 


Very good post, there could be significantly more indeed. I do hope that handguns are a really small part of Canadian gun totals.


Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9914
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:36 am
 


They are, look at my last table, only 6% of the registered guns in Canada, but that is only counting the law abiding people who own guns. BUT!!!!...gun of choice for criminals would always be a handgun or the newer tactical weapons. Those numbers could be huge and they sure as hell don't register those. I will always state that gun laws are only for those who are law abiding, criminals are breaking the law to start with, does anyone think a handgun ban would actually get them out of the hands of the criminals? In no way shape or form. They don't care about the gun laws. As I stated above, they're breaking the law to begin with, why the hell would they give a shit about a gun charge too? Unless we made the punishment for the use of a firearm in a criminal act much more severe.

It's easy to pick on the ordinary gun owner, the one who goes to the range, hunts or has them for protection(Urban or rural). They are the easiest to find for those politicians who want a feel good, knee jerk way to raise their popularity in the polls and make it look like they're doing something about crime in Canada. Gun control laws, for the most part, just make it difficult for the law abiding gun owners, and that really does nothing.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20955
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:06 am
 


I don't believe in gun control, personally. I believe in a social unacceptance of guns. I don't consider them to be safety tools.

I believe in massive penalties for gun crimes. If I had it my way, the abusers of guns would be forced to work for the State for a period of time. Actually I feel that's a good punishment for most hard crimes. I don't mean slavery, but I don't think taxpayers money should just be going to what I consider an expensive 'timeout'.

I'd leave the people who keep them in their closet nicely locked up and such alone. Especially long guns. I don't mind people who hunt.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 64527
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:47 am
 


Gunnair wrote:
I'm curious what motivates you to join a Canadian forum and unload diatribes such as this?


Because he can.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 64527
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:58 am
 


Mr_Canada wrote:
So we Canadians will not provide you with your American rights while in Canada. Keep your guns at home and shoot animals and crap down there.


Americans who bring their guns to Canada and shoot animals up there represent a fair portion of the income in many of your rural areas. As a matter of fact, the recent US prohibition on Americans hunting polar bears in Canada has stirred up a bit of resentment as a number of Canadians are going to go poor without American tourists who like to hunt polar bears.

So, do you really want us to stay home with our guns?


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33492
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:14 am
 


BartSimpson wrote:
Mr_Canada wrote:
So we Canadians will not provide you with your American rights while in Canada. Keep your guns at home and shoot animals and crap down there.


Americans who bring their guns to Canada and shoot animals up there represent a fair portion of the income in many of your rural areas. As a matter of fact, the recent US prohibition on Americans hunting polar bears in Canada has stirred up a bit of resentment as a number of Canadians are going to go poor without American tourists who like to hunt polar bears.

So, do you really want us to stay home with our guns?


Yes please.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 12349
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:18 am
 


BartSimpson wrote:

Americans who bring their guns to Canada and shoot animals up there represent a fair portion of the income in many of your rural areas. As a matter of fact, the recent US prohibition on Americans hunting polar bears in Canada has stirred up a bit of resentment as a number of Canadians are going to go poor without American tourists who like to hunt polar bears.

So, do you really want us to stay home with our guns?


The tourism dollars are nice, but the fine revenue is even nicer. When Americans come up to hunt and fish, they keep the game wardens busy writing tickets. I guess they figure the laws don't apply to them. But keep coming, we can sure use the dough.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20955
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:32 am
 


BartSimpson wrote:
Gunnair wrote:
I'm curious what motivates you to join a Canadian forum and unload diatribes such as this?


Because he can.

Ahhhh, the American Dream. To be a shit-disturber.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20955
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:36 am
 


Lemmy wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:

Americans who bring their guns to Canada and shoot animals up there represent a fair portion of the income in many of your rural areas. As a matter of fact, the recent US prohibition on Americans hunting polar bears in Canada has stirred up a bit of resentment as a number of Canadians are going to go poor without American tourists who like to hunt polar bears.

So, do you really want us to stay home with our guns?


The tourism dollars are nice, but the fine revenue is even nicer. When Americans come up to hunt and fish, they keep the game wardens busy writing tickets. I guess they figure the laws don't apply to them. But keep coming, we can sure use the dough.

:lol:


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1198 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 ... 80  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.