Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:46 am

Mr_Canada wrote:
To be a shit-disturber.

Given that this seems to be your motivation for getting out of bed most days why the problem if someone else does it, too?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:54 am

I really don't get either side of this argument now. Both sides are basically saying hey when I'm in your country I expect to have the rights I have in my country.

The way I see it if your in the US follow our laws.
If I or another go to Canada follow Canadian laws.

You don't like the fact that America allows ppl to have weapons in most places then don't come to America

If you dont like the fact that in Canada many places you are not allowed to have a gun then dont go there.

I wonder how many Canadians leave their doors unlocked when they are asleep or away from home? If you honestly say you do then good for you. You have a sense of safety. I have a sense of safety myself and hardly lock my door.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:23 pm

stratos wrote:
I really don't get either side of this argument now. Both sides are basically saying hey when I'm in your country I expect to have the rights I have in my country.

The way I see it if your in the US follow our laws.
If I or another go to Canada follow Canadian laws.

You don't like the fact that America allows ppl to have weapons in most places then don't come to America

If you dont like the fact that in Canada many places you are not allowed to have a gun then dont go there.

I wonder how many Canadians leave their doors unlocked when they are asleep or away from home? If you honestly say you do then good for you. You have a sense of safety. I have a sense of safety myself and hardly lock my door.

Good. R=UP

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:25 pm

BartSimpson wrote:
Mr_Canada wrote:
To be a shit-disturber.

Given that this seems to be your motivation for getting out of bed most days why the problem if someone else does it, too?

I consider it a by-product.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:52 pm

Mr_Canada wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
Mr_Canada wrote:
To be a shit-disturber.

I consider it a by-product.

ROTFL R=UP

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:41 pm

Gunnair wrote:
angler57 wrote:
For ShepherdsDog or any interested parties. Just a few days short our seventy-first year. Grew up poor. Before becoming a photo journalist worked all night. Then came home watered. Fed. Plowed or mowed or what ever the season demanded.
Milked and did a bit of rendering.
Grew-up with shotgun in hand. We always ate what ever we killed. Used squirrel tails and duck feathers to tie flies.
Only caught and ate what fish we needed. Anything taken was put on the table.
For a number of years we lived down a dirt lane 1/4 mile to the gravel road. Another five miles to county road and 15 miles into town.
Had truck garden, beef and chickens to tend to. Weren't no big super markets out our way. You raised it you ate it.
Oh yes, wore our countries uniform with pride. Army and Coast Guard.
Now, SherpherdsDog, tell us a tad about yourself????

I'm curious what motivates you to join a Canadian forum and unload diatribes such as this?

Angler57
Wife and I love Canada and spend as much time as is possible there.
This is a personal history as is clearly readable. Facts, nothing more. Nothing less. My Canadian friends and family are there. That is why I am here.
Just curious as to how folks up there feel? My friend, am sorry facts seem to be troubling to you.
See below Diatride
1 archaic : a prolonged discourse
2 : a bitter and abusive speech or writing
3 : ironic or satirical criticism

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:57 pm

Am truly dicouraged with not learning more about ShepherdsDog. He speaks but does not respond to the same questions he ask of me.
Mr Canada appears to read only select parts of a post.
Must say you folks do not sound a tad like the Canadians we have meant in Canada or the USA.
Not like the fellas we worked with day after day and broke bread with.
Opposing opinions or truth for that matter don't seem welcome here.
Since ya'lll are in the cat-birds-seat will be interesting to see how things progress from here?
Have insulted no one. Have only told facts about myself. My beliefs. Regret they have offended. We have an open mind and only seek to learn.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:03 pm

angler57 wrote:
Am truly dicouraged with not learning more about ShepherdsDog. He speaks but does not respond to the same questions he ask of me.

But he's a nice guy, trust me on this. :wink:

angler57 wrote:

No offense, but welcome to the Internet where selective reading and comprehension skills are the norm.

angler57 wrote:
Must say you folks do not sound a tad like the Canadians we have meant in Canada or the USA.

True. I have yet to meet any of them who sound like Nelson Eddy or Jeanette McDonald.

angler57 wrote:
Not like the fellas we worked with day after day and broke bread with.
Opposing opinions or truth for that matter don't seem welcome here.

I disagree. I'm conservative, pro-USA, and pro-gun and these folks (all of them) are much nicer to be around than any of the pricks from FreeRepublic.

angler57 wrote:
Since ya'lll are in the cat-birds-seat will be interesting to see how things progress from here?
Have insulted no one. Have only told facts about myself. My beliefs. Regret they have offended. We have an open mind and only seek to learn.
[/quote]

Then relax and enjoy the place. I look forward to celebrating your 10,000th post someday! [B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:04 pm

angler57 wrote:

..What? I didn't comment on your life story and responded on-topic.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:56 pm

ShepherdsDog wrote:
I can't remember anyone, including my grandparents ever mentioning squirrel as a dish.
That would be Sciurus carolinensis the grey squirrel not the red squirrel Tamiasciurus hudsonicus. The greys are eaten in the states. As per:http://www.backwoodsbound.com/zsquir.html. My wife, who is from Kentucky has eaten a few. Me---none.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:01 pm

You ain't seen nothin until you've seen white squirrels. I don't mean albino squirrels, I mean truly white. Freaked me out one day when I saw a bunch of 'em.
Didn't know what the hell they were at first :lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:07 pm

PublicAnimalNo9 wrote:
You ain't seen nothin until you've seen white squirrels. I don't mean albino squirrels, I mean truly white. Freaked me out one day when I saw a bunch of 'em.

Been there, done that.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:09 pm

PublicAnimalNo9 wrote:

I like the black squirrels you see in Stanley Park in Van. I've never seen them anywhere else.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:26 pm

BartSimpson wrote:
Gunnair wrote:
I'm curious what motivates you to join a Canadian forum and unload diatribes such as this?

Because he can.

Oh... well then... :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:27 pm

BartSimpson wrote:
Mr_Canada wrote:
So we Canadians will not provide you with your American rights while in Canada. Keep your guns at home and shoot animals and crap down there.

Americans who bring their guns to Canada and shoot animals up there represent a fair portion of the income in many of your rural areas. As a matter of fact, the recent US prohibition on Americans hunting polar bears in Canada has stirred up a bit of resentment as a number of Canadians are going to go poor without American tourists who like to hunt polar bears.

So, do you really want us to stay home with our guns?

That assertion sounds like it could use some figures to back it up.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1198 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7  8  9 ... 80  Next