canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:18 am

Walkoot wrote:
Since there appears to be "some" Americans on this site I'm wondering what you think. DO you like us?

Why do we care?

I mean, I like that Bart or Stratos appreciates us, and I value their objective look at us. I even agree with Bart most of the time.

But why do we have to have their approval to be who we are? And why does a self hater like you even want to arbitrate that relationship? Do you require their approval to sit back and whine about the shortcomings you think we have, while doing everything in your power to further them along?

Like Shep says, why not just perform a Kevorkian ban? I'm sure there are US sites that can feed your self hatred better than here.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:48 am

Does anyone know any good sites where I can self-hate on Canada? perhaps an American forum? I can be their "hoose canuck" the rest of your are field canucks 8)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:10 am

$

Last edited by Lemmy on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:13 am

Walkoot wrote:
Does anyone know any good sites where I can self-hate on Canada? perhaps an American forum? I can be their "hoose canuck" the rest of your are field canucks 8)

Holy fuck, can you actually get banned please?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:20 am

Walkoot wrote:

http://www.freerepublic.com has a Canadian interest section and you'd be welcome to post there but note that the site is decidedly conservative and pro-left postings will get you "zotted".

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:22 am

I really don't give a rats arse about what other nations people think of us or our country. The only opinion about me that I care about is mine.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:24 am

Public_Domain wrote:
Walkoot wrote:

Holy fuck, can you actually get banned please?

He's not violating the terms of use.

He directed a question at the American members on the board and forgive me if I don't see why some of you are dogpiling him here. Just because he may have shitposted in the past doesn't mean you have to react to every one of his posts as a shitpost.

Seriously, I don't always agree with you but I do endeavor to treat each of your posts fairly and I evaluate them upon their own merits. I do the same with Walkoot as well.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:57 am

&

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:07 am

Especially if the response is appropriately in crayon.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:30 am

Lemmy wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
He's not violating the terms of use.

He directed a question at the American members on the board and forgive me if I don't see why some of you are dogpiling him here. Just because he may have shitposted in the past doesn't mean you have to react to every one of his posts as a shitpost.

Seriously, I don't always agree with you but I do endeavor to treat each of your posts fairly and I evaluate them upon their own merits. I do the same with Walkoot as well.

We're "dogpiling" because the depth of his question is below the level of discourse we commonly engage in around here.

When you ask a childish question, you ought to expect a childish response.

Here's his question:

Walkoot wrote:
Since there appears to be "some" Americans on this site I'm wondering what you think. DO you like us?

"Do you like us?" seems like a pretty simple question. It isn't the least bit childish.

You're judging the person and not the question. Try to judge the question regardless of the source.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:34 am

%

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:38 am

Seems to me that a bunch of you folks are very thin skinned and that you recoiled at the very consideration that an American might not like you.

As in you doth complaineth too much. :idea:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:55 am

Every member who asked that question was eventually banned. Not because of the question itself, seems very innocent, but because we all know that the person asking it it only here to troll... and Kooty here has pretty much proved that since he's been here.

Here's Walkoot under his old username asking the very same question... just before he was banned.

flaming-dumpster-f78/how-much-do-canadians-really-dislike-americans-t111074.html

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:56 am

Still, it seems harmless.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:01 am

BartSimpson wrote:
Still, it seems harmless.

That's the beauty of a Troll. On car sites, its "What's the best oil to use?" On computer sites, its "Mac/Windows/Linux?". On Canadian sites; "Do the Americans like us?". I imagine on Mexican sites, its "Why don't you speak Spanish like a Spaniard?"

Everyone has a trigger. Trolls know how to pull it. ;)