Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:54 pm

Check out this website and tell me if you consider this a acceptable thing.
Canadian Coalition against death row prisoners allows convicted death row inmates to have their own webpage and invite penpal communications.

http://www.ccadp.org/

I personally think it's unfortunate. I worked with a girl who's friends child had been killed by Clifford Olsen. He still sends them letters because it is within his legal rights to do so. They could move, but to be forced to move because the killer of your child cannot be stopped from "harrassing" you? I guess it's all about choices. But in that case the killers made their choice and have as such given up their rights.

I'm against this site. I don't think this is an expression of free speech. I think it's a recipe for disaster. I however, have no right to ban it. I can only not visit it. My daughter's time on the internet is monitored. She's safe. I do worry about children with parents less vigilant then me. I guess Darwinian law takes over from here.

Your thoughts?

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:15 pm

A quick lesson from the headlines:

Wrong:
Saying "God" in the pledge of allegiance
Praying in schools
Having the 10 commandments displayed - how foul

Right:
Get a serial killer penpal!

There are a ton of legal&political issues at play here, and you will likely get some interesting replies. High level, I'm with ya - not one of my top ten sites to visit on the internet.

m