CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 5:20 am

Ill tell you why Canada is the best place in the world. We have hockey. We have the beaver! We are not hated by all the other countries in the world. We got the best beer. We drink at any age. EG iam 17 and i get wasted. Our beer can get me drunk not like that american pussy weak watered down so they can take it stuff. We are smarter (i can't prove it cause some of them are smart but come on!). We got some super hot chciks!!!!!!! We got actors and hey we got the cn tower. We got our own baseball league, football league and over 70% of the greatest game on the earth. Our nation sport is lacrosse not golf! We have the toonie and loonie. Why is Canada so much better than the US its cause we have pride! Oh yea we also got some kick ass bands. Sum 41, Our Lady Peace which is only the tip of the iceberg.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:48 am

HELL YAH!! Canada's the best country in the world! :D and something u didn't add was that we're not in debt near as much as the states with other countrys :lol: oh...and we're not trigger happpy...our prime minister actually cares about peoples lives! not just money! well, that's all i got to say for now... 8)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:30 pm

I'm from the US, and I'm inclined to agree with you guys.

BeaversEH BeaversEH:
We are not hated by all the other countries in the world.

*Envious*

Thing is, the average American is either too busy to acknowlege there's a world beyond US borders or they think Canada is a state. Besides, we've got catchy patriotic songs. Who needs the rest of the world when we've got WalMart and McDonalds. Booyah.

$1:
Oh yea we also got some kick ass bands. Sum 41

Nah. You guys can rant about how America shafts Canada in regard to trade, but seriously, sending Sum 41 and Avril down here... Painful.

Beaver's cool though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 6:48 pm

canadian_freak canadian_freak:
.our prime minister actually cares about peoples lives!

Oh, horse-flop.....

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:25 pm

Canada is real estate. The US is real estate. Canada is somewhat more sensibly run that the states, but is no better, except in that we haven't abused our natural resources so badly. The people of Canada are no better than the people of the United States of America. They are just better informed.

The government of the USA is more corrupt than the government of Canada. That is the major difference. They are both corrupt, but one is more so.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:32 pm

Pretty sad when you measure how well a government is by how corupt it is.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:58 am

[quote="figfarmer"]The people of Canada are no better than the people of the United States of America. They are just better informed.

It seems to me Canadians are generally much more decent and caring , and not so self centered as Americans in general.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:41 am

I think that Yanks are just as caring and decent. They are so misinformed and hyped up on manufactured self rightousness that they can't do the right things because their puppet masters tell them that wrong is right and they believe it. I think the internet is changing that slowly, as is amateur radio, but they have a lot to overcome. The brainwashing there has gone on for years, to a point where there are three or four generations that have accepted the lies as reality and passed them along like accurate history. The lying started as soon as the country was born, with the real reason for The Boston Tea Party (There was an emancipation proclamation on that ship.) and continues, as you are aware, to this day.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 3:23 pm

As an American, I can attest to the fact that the majority of the history cirriculum in US schools amounts to flag-waving. For the most part, our founding fathers are portrayed as demigods and our constitution is taught as infallible. That said, other countries seem to regard our history as the polar opposite, everything about the US being fundamentally evil. Can't say that's the case either.

Electricbuford, I wouldn't be so quick to lable Americans as generally self-centered. We aren't all *that* bad, but I won't deny there's a definite supremacy complex ingrained in our population. We've been taught our country is the end-all be-all, god's gift to the world. Arrogant? Of course. But the same can be said for any country that's enjoyed their 15 minutes in the sun.

Figfarmer, I don't deny the overload of self-righteousness, but not every facet of American history is a coverup. Sure, it's smart not to take everything at face value; nevertheless, it's a bad idea to always assume the worst. Regarding the Boston Tea Party, it was a piece of political theatre, not some attempt to supress the rights of slaves. (Slavery was decreed illegal in most northeast townships, and colony/state law would back that soon after.) Quite frankly, the conspiracy theory is a fantastic, somewhat plausible, attempt to gather ammunition for shooting down American righteousness, but the event was little more than a minor riot surrounding a East India Tea Co. freighter.

That said, every Canadian I've ever met couldn't have been nicer.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:07 pm

I've met a few Canadians that could have been nicer. Some just today.

Has anybody here read any of Molly Ivens (think that's the right spelling) work? She's a leftist from Texas...a lot of knowledge of the world and a lot of insight into the American psyche, politics, and George II.

I put her latest book on my x-mas list.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:40 pm

[quote="Uhmurrcan"]

Electricbuford, I wouldn't be so quick to lable Americans as generally self-centered. We aren't all *that* bad, but I won't deny there's a definite supremacy complex ingrained in our population. We've been taught our country is the end-all be-all, god's gift to the world. Arrogant? Of course. But the same can be said for any country that's enjoyed their 15 minutes in the sun.

I should have added the word generally when discussing american's selfishness. Of course there are exceptions to the " Ugly American " There was a time when mainstream America , indeed the MAJORITY of the U.S. population were a decent,neighbourly kind of people. Over the past several decades that has been changing , and maybe that's what happens to every dominant human society over time. I say it doesn't have to be that way though, if people just make the effort to be better citizens of whatever country they live in.
I agree with the history book stuff you said, and it's always been a rather subtle thing. Basically all that is said about the Vietnam conflict in some books is that it was " An unpopular war and cost LBJ his presidency." And few books even mention the genocide in Cambodia which the U.S. played a major role. Or our actions in South America supporting Right wing dictators, and ... oh hell - don't get me started. Besides , Joe public don't care about all that stuff - he just wants to know how he can get more money so he can buy more stuff - even if it's made in a sweat shop in Peru - which he doesn't even realize is a country, and - oh , uh ok I'll stop. Really..... this time I mean it :?

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:49 pm

Rev_Blair Rev_Blair:
I've met a few Canadians that could have been nicer. Some just today.

Well Rev , you know where to tell em' to go : Down THERE , where it's HOT !

Has anybody here read any of Molly Ivens (think that's the right spelling) work? She's a leftist from Texas...a lot of knowledge of the world and a lot of insight into the American psyche, politics, and George II.

I put her latest book on my x-mas list.

I read her columns on buzzflash.com frequently.Paul Krugman is good too, and one of his books is on the top ten best seller list down here.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:14 pm

Uhmurrcan, i cant beleive some of your comments, it is very rare to her that from an american. Were you born in Canada, or did you travel the world, or were you raised by A few good Canadians?
Whats the deal on being so well informed and rounded?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:31 pm

Heheheh, most foreigners, Canadian or otherwise, that I meet seem surprised when they realize (realise...?) an American can string together full sentences. But nah, I'm not Canadian, born stateside; still, I've got a bunch of Canadian relatives and more than a few others in my family went to universities up north. Wouldn't mind going up there after high school myself. Really don't know much about the Canadian university system, though.

A bit off topic, but what's the education system like up there? It's consistantly ranked (far) above the American system. I'm lucky enough to live where there's good schools, but public education in the US is *very* hit-and-miss. When something like half the young population can't find their own country on a map, it's depressing. With adults, well, electricbuford definately has a point with his Joe Public comment. Not always the case, thankfully.

On a side note, Coffee Crisps... amazing.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 6:13 pm

Well, the one thing I can say that makes the Canadian Government seem alot more caring then the US Government, is free health care :) Now, I don't know if we are the only country in the world that has free health care, well more or less free, but yea, that is one of the best things I can think of when comparing US/Canada. Anyway... Uhmurrcan, ABout the education system, I'm a grade eleven student in Ontario. And let me tell you, it sucks. Well, its a good system, but its alot of work, especially if you procastinate like I do. :D Another thing, about Nice Canadians and Nice Americans. It all depends on where you go... At my school, there are sooooo many assholes that treat everyone like shit, so yea, basically, when you go to another country, remember, every town has their village idiots and assholes.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 193 posts ]  1  2  3  4  5 ... 13  Next