Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 2285
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:13 am
 


Hyack wrote:
It would seem the site has gone back in history by about 4 months.


Distortions in the space/time continuum! I knew it!

[knight]

-J.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 60847
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:20 am
 


Hyack wrote:
If anyone checks the home page they will find news stories dating back to February 28 or so, it would seem the site has gone back in history by about 4 months, which may explain the loss of points.


Does that mean I'm four months younger now? Sweet! [B-o]


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 60847
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:21 am
 


DrCaleb wrote:
Strutz wrote:
Do either of you have mod access though?


I don't. All my fancy buttons and the secret handshake tips are missing.

Also I notice all the story links on Vive are gone. And my second account, for Vive Administration, is also gone.


Yup, same here.


Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9891
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:15 pm
 


The server was hacked on the weekend, First time the site or server has been hacked in MANY years and was probably the worst hack in at least the last 10 years.

I had to cobble together various backups and lost a bunch of data. I thought I had more recent backups, but they were corrupted. Sorry about that!

It was a ransomware so nothing on the server itself was any use, had to nuke it all and restore from backups.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 60847
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:26 pm
 


Sorry to hear that. I've been lucky not to have had to directly deal with that so far.

Thanks for what you do and if I can help please let me know.


Offline
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Profile
Posts: 917
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:41 pm
 


Canadaka wrote:
The server was hacked on the weekend, First time the site or server has been hacked in MANY years and was probably the worst hack in at least the last 10 years.

I had to cobble together various backups and lost a bunch of data. I thought I had more recent backups, but they were corrupted. Sorry about that!

It was a ransomware so nothing on the server itself was any use, had to nuke it all and restore from backups.


Vive Le Canada is still down. Do you know if you might be able to fix it?


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 28899
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:30 am
 


Canadaka wrote:
The server was hacked on the weekend, First time the site or server has been hacked in MANY years and was probably the worst hack in at least the last 10 years.

I had to cobble together various backups and lost a bunch of data. I thought I had more recent backups, but they were corrupted. Sorry about that!

It was a ransomware so nothing on the server itself was any use, had to nuke it all and restore from backups.


Anything you need, just ask. It's what Bart and I do for a living.

JaredMilne wrote:
Vive Le Canada is still down. Do you know if you might be able to fix it?


I hate to say, but it might be time to let it die. You are the only one to submit articles in the last several years. You usually cross post them to both CKA and Vive, so why not skip a step? ;)


Offline
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Profile
Posts: 917
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:45 pm
 


DrCaleb wrote:
Canadaka wrote:
The server was hacked on the weekend, First time the site or server has been hacked in MANY years and was probably the worst hack in at least the last 10 years.

I had to cobble together various backups and lost a bunch of data. I thought I had more recent backups, but they were corrupted. Sorry about that!

It was a ransomware so nothing on the server itself was any use, had to nuke it all and restore from backups.


Anything you need, just ask. It's what Bart and I do for a living.

JaredMilne wrote:
Vive Le Canada is still down. Do you know if you might be able to fix it?


I hate to say, but it might be time to let it die. You are the only one to submit articles in the last several years. You usually cross post them to both CKA and Vive, so why not skip a step? ;)


You know, it might well be that time-and it's been a hell of a run. I was actually considering getting a Medium site to host a lot of my articles on things like John A. Macdonald's legacy and the Reserve Paradox, which would also include this year's Reflections On Canada Day.


Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 19915
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:27 pm
 


And now the little things are starting to crop up after the site was hacked over the weekend. While posting a story to the CKA News I noticed that both Indigenous and Nature are no longer available on the drop down menu for topics, although they still show up on the other Topics list.Image


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 60847
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:34 pm
 


Hyack wrote:
And now the little things are starting to crop up after the site was hacked over the weekend. While posting a story to the CKA News I noticed that both Indigenous and Nature are no longer available on the drop down menu for topics, although they still show up on the other Topics list.Image


Yup. I'm also noticing that while I have an impressive title I don't have any of the functionality so thanks again for keeping an eye on everything! [B-o]


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13419
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:56 pm
 


BartSimpson wrote:
Hyack wrote:
And now the little things are starting to crop up after the site was hacked over the weekend. While posting a story to the CKA News I noticed that both Indigenous and Nature are no longer available on the drop down menu for topics, although they still show up on the other Topics list.Image


Yup. I'm also noticing that while I have an impressive title I don't have any of the functionality so thanks again for keeping an eye on everything! [B-o]

Maybe, you need a shiny, new badge!

https://youtu.be/VqomZQMZQCQ


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 26054
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:38 pm
 


I've had a couple of posts lost recently due to a "timed out" sort of thing where I press Submit. They weren't giant posts either, just mid-sized paragraphs, but they were lost anyway.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 10993
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:34 pm
 


Thanos wrote:
I've had a couple of posts lost recently due to a "timed out" sort of thing where I press Submit. They weren't giant posts either, just mid-sized paragraphs, but they were lost anyway.

I've had that happen now and again too. Annoying because I don't always remember exactly what I said the first time I typed it. The second time just never sounds as good...


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 26054
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:43 pm
 


I'm going to use the main Post Reply page instead of the smaller one. See if that works better. Tired of losing ones that are so good due to spontanaiety that "shit, I'll never be able to repeat one that great again". :twisted:


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 San Jose Sharks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 60847
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:46 am
 


BartSimpson wrote:
Someone left the barn door open. :idea:


When I first posted that message ports 21, 80, 1311, 3000, 3306, and 3389 were open.

Now port 445 is open too and that leaves the site vulnerable to WannaCry.

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:


Attachments:
File comment: ports
ports.PNG
ports.PNG [ 10.29 KiB | Viewed 125 times ]
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2120 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 133  134  135  136  137  138  139 ... 142  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.