Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:56 am

C: drive is full on CKA. Cannot upload attachments any more.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:57 am

Yup. :|

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:51 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Go through the babes thread and nuke anything under a C cup.

That'll free up some space.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:53 am

Most of them are hot links, not uploads. :( Won't change much of anything.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:55 am

Robair Robair:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Go through the babes thread and nuke anything under a C cup.

That'll free up some space.

:evil:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:05 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Well that sucks. I really enjoyed the creativity on the memes page, even the ones that I didn't agree with. [B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:50 am

Maybe he installed a liberal mediation program and it's just rejecting your right-wing opinions as invalid. :P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:58 am

What if, as an example, the meme thread was fully deleted. Not moved to a deleted area of the forum, but removed. Is that something you guys can do to free up space? Or do you figure it won't remove the data on the back end.

Even a huge older unimportant thread that's not really posted in.

To test it, try deleted a few early posts in the meme thread or something, see if you still get an error trying to upload.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:42 pm

THE END IS NIGH!

[trumpet]

-J.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:24 pm

When I have periodically looked for a certain member via the members list section I was curious about other ways available for sorting the members list.

I am amazed by how many people have joined, but never posted and their last active date is 15yrs+ ago. There are so many! Why not purge them? If they have never posted or even been logged in (thus active) for 5+ years I say delete them. Not a huge amount of space but some anyway.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:33 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

The polite way to do it is to download to Imgur or one of the other photo sites - not PhotoBucket because they want to be paid by everyone now, even casual non-commercial users. Then post from Imgur using the img function. It works way better plus, IMO, eliminates a possible security risk in case anyone were to hack CKA and then use the attachments as a back door into our own personal computers.

Strutz Strutz:
I am amazed by how many people have joined, but never posted and their last active date is 15yrs+ ago. There are so many! Why not purge them? If they have never posted or even been logged in (thus active) for 5+ years I say delete them. Not a huge amount of space but some anyway.

As a big fan of yearly housekeeping this should be done once per year. I'd also do an auto-lock on old threads that haven't seen new posts for six months or so, just to stop them from getting necro'd by spammers or by someone too lazy to create a new thread.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:48 am

Thanos Thanos:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

The polite way to do it is to download to Imgur or one of the other photo sites - not PhotoBucket because they want to be paid by everyone now, even casual non-commercial users. Then post from Imgur using the img function. It works way better plus, IMO, eliminates a possible security risk in case anyone were to hack CKA and then use the attachments as a back door into our own personal computers.

Etiquette is a matter of some debate. Trev provides the ability to upload, it would be impolite to use someone elses' bandwidth to host your photos. Besides, most photo hosting sites as part of their terms of service, take sole ownership of copyright to your photos when you upload them. CKA does not.

And I always scrub personal data from photos before I upload them. Wouldn't want the GPS tags that many cameras embed in images to give your location away now, would we? ;)

CKA maintains a list of your IP addresses. which is far more of a security risk than a graphic.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:13 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Thanos Thanos:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Etiquette is a matter of some debate. Trev provides the ability to upload, it would be impolite to use someone elses' bandwidth to host your photos. Besides, most photo hosting sites as part of their terms of service, take sole ownership of copyright to your photos when you upload them. CKA does not.

And I always scrub personal data from photos before I upload them. Wouldn't want the GPS tags that many cameras embed in images to give your location away now, would we? ;)

CKA maintains a list of your IP addresses. which is far more of a security risk than a graphic.

So after all the jocularity and unsolicited advice :lol: what's the real fix for this short of a new server?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:23 am

format c: -y

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:20 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
format c: -y

Or just allocate more space.

I'd love to know how much space CKA as a whole takes up, it can't be that extreme. Throw a terabyte at it and it'll be good for a long while.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2374 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 141  142  143  144  145  146  147 ... 159  Next