Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:57 pm

Canadian Forces Sniper Rob Furlong CBC Sunday Report.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2knT8RwxKA

http://video.google.ca/videosearch?hl=e ... =N&tab=iv#

Canada, be proud!!!!! :rock: :rock:

Last edited by JustKate on Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:59 pm

We'd be even better with better equipment.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:16 am

Im not proud of Furlong, I guess you dont know why he isnt in the military anymore.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:21 am

Eisensapper Eisensapper:
Im not proud of Furlong, I guess you dont know why he isnt in the military anymore.

Why don't you fill us in on why YOU think he's no longer in the military. Rob was an excellent soldier and a good friend.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:36 am

My understanding was that he took trophies from the Taliban he shot. I heard this from NIS officers at the time he left the military.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:46 am

Eisensapper Eisensapper:
My understanding was that he took trophies from the Taliban he shot. I heard this from NIS officers at the time he left the military.

The NIS officers investigated the alleged trophy taking based on an off hand remark from an unidentified soldier and came up with ZERO proof. They even took the suspects knife, who wasn't Rob, and tested it for DNA which came back negative. Unsubstantiated rumours, plus a DND Command structure that was still in full "we don't kill we're peacekeepers" mode. Our snipers were treated like pariahs by the upper echelon of DND and because of this 3 of the 5 snipers are out of the Forces. The same 5 snipers that were praised highly by the US command in Kandahar were treated like shit by our own command.

The NIS officers lied to you if they stated Rob toke trophies, but that doesn't really surprise me. :roll:

Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:49 am

The US military would not want us to have newer equipment because it would show how much better soldiers we are compared to them!!

Pro Patria

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:50 am

Wow 8O I hope the annonymous soldier got the living shit kicked out him.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:54 am

denmns denmns:
The US military would not want us to have newer equipment because it would show how much better soldiers we are compared to them!!

Pro Patria

For the most part we are better equipped.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:18 am

Eisensapper Eisensapper:

Lucky for whoever it was but no one knows who it is, and doubt very much he is talking! PDT_Armataz_01_35

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:21 am

Thank you for setting me straight.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:21 am

Seeing that he's now a constable, you'd think that any truth to those type of 'rumours' would have kept him off of any police force. Shows their strength right there.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:24 am

Eisensapper Eisensapper:
Thank you for setting me straight.

No problem!

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:34 am

2Cdo 2Cdo:
Eisensapper Eisensapper:

The NIS officers investigated the alleged trophy taking based on an off hand remark from an unidentified soldier and came up with ZERO proof. They even took the suspects knife, who wasn't Rob, and tested it for DNA which came back negative. Unsubstantiated rumours, plus a DND Command structure that was still in full "we don't kill we're peacekeepers" mode. Our snipers were treated like pariahs by the upper echelon of DND and because of this 3 of the 5 snipers are out of the Forces. The same 5 snipers that were praised highly by the US command in Kandahar were treated like shit by our own command.

The NIS officers lied to you if they stated Rob toke trophies, but that doesn't really surprise me. :roll:

This was my understanding as well. It seemed to me that they were victims of dick-envy by over zealous desk warmers. Sometimes above average performance or 'getting noticed' just sets up a unit or it's members for abuse.

but whatever.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:47 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
Eisensapper Eisensapper:

Lucky for whoever it was but no one knows who it is, and doubt very much he is talking! PDT_Armataz_01_35

Heard somewhere it was the padre, not confirmed