CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:26 pm

Coming to Canada 6 years ago when i was in my teens. I didnt think much of it, just another country with rules and people. But I relized that the racial topics in this country or not so direct which makes it some what of a good place to live in. Also the variety of addractive girls in this country is great. Oh and i love the french wish to learn their language.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 2:39 pm

Too bad you didn't go to school here then. You would have learned manatory French in at least 3 years of school...? Is it three? All I know is I took 5 years. You can't really count the first year though, grade 7 french, mainly numbers and counting.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:10 pm

Ah yes French class in elementary school. All I could remeber there was fine Portuguese teacher named Mrs.Freeass(no joke, maybe it was spelled diffrently but you get the point...right). So i couldnt remeber much of French in her class, and high school was easy. I want to move to Montreal and study French there for a bit. I find the easiest way to learn a language is to be fully surrouned by it.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:14 am

French...let me recall the first introduction of compulsory french in elemetry school.
I just finnishe grade 7,,and out of the blue a new course french.Hey it was bad enough listening to my russian math teacher.Lets say this ...what a "FARCE"
1/2 hr. a wk. you don't learn anything.None of family new any french,nor the neighbours.
Hey there was no french on the t.v station.Then again not much for t.v when its b&w and ony get basic american stations. CBC was hockey,grey uniforms grey ice, bad lighting,reception.Radio was better
unfortunately french in our time was a foreign language.
I spent 2years in Finland,as a forestry trainee<exchnage program>There was a group that visited the area, and they were from Quebec.
Because I was from Canada,my bosses assumed I knew french.hey its an offical language of Canada,and you don't know it..they where taken back.They think everyone from canada speaks french.
Lucky the group had a tour guide that spoke french<a Finnish guy who speaks several lanaguages>
I had him apologize to the group for me..I mean I grovelled.Hey I never heard such a outbust of appreciation for the fact that I could not speak french and said i was sorry
Nowadays with the large immigrants workforce I now k now more cantonese.Most of the co-workers are from Hongkong you have no choice but to pick it up.
I since transferred into a new position; my co-workers are from India..well I'll leave it at that....