CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:25 pm

Blue_Nose Blue_Nose:
The one thing I associate with NB is the Silver Fox in Salisbury.

Ok, ya got me BlueNose, what is the Silver Fox? Never been there or heard of it but have been to Salisbury many times.

The thing that NS brings to mind is my Grandfather, here's a pic of him in the early 60's, barely remember this Caddy, think it was maroon, and I really liked the torpedoes on the front.. He lived in Caledonia. (And I'm a BN too)

Going to NS next week on vac for a few days, staying in Bridgewater and travelling around the area.

SeeYa!

Attachments:
maurice.jpg
maurice.jpg [ 70.64 KiB | Viewed 188 times ]
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:40 pm

At this time of the year
tourists
tourists golfing
tourist traffic
tourists asking stupid questions
tourists causing line up's

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:51 pm

Well I may be in Alberta but I'll let the Alberta boys/girls speak for her.

The rock on the other hand.

We have 2 National Anthems...O Canada and Ode to Newfoundland....4 recognised flags...our own dictionary(face it we needed one)

St John's.....St John's was a city when New York was a mud hole....it is the oldest city in North America...was the first place to send a trans atlatic singal....and burned pretty much to the ground....TWICE.....and let's not forget the regatta which is the oldest continuing sporting event in North America. The very earliest verifiable mention of a rowing competition dates back to 12 August 1816.....and more bars per capita than any other city in North America. [B-o] God bless George Street.

We are the oldest British Colony. Now you could argue Ireland is....I beg to differ.....
$1:
English rule in Ireland begins roughly around 1169, although it would be another 632 years before an act of union made Ireland an official part of the United Kingdom. link
We were a Colony from the word Go in 1497. let's not argue the therory of Joao Vas Corte-Real/Portuguese/1492

Gros Morn....well see the pics below....I dont have the 3000 words it would take. :wink:

The Labrador Retriever and the Newfoundland Dog..........you're welcome. :lol: :wink:
$1:
a kindly, outgoing, tractable nature; eager to please and non-aggressive towards man or animal...... his gentle ways, intelligence and adaptability make him an ideal dog...... Sweetness of temperament is the hallmark of the Newfoundland dog....link
Says alot about the peolpe who first bred them....which brings me to my final point..

the good old boys from the Rock....well were know for being friendly inside the country that is known for being friendly soooo.... my guess is we're fairly friendly :lol: unless you're an asshole, but then we'll be polite and tell you the truth....the truth being we think you're an asshole. :lol: Fatbastard ...our accent...or other language if you like..it is uniqely our own...... This sums it up pretty good......
$1:
Newfoundlanders are unlike any other people on the planet. Five hundred Years of struggle against weather, rough seas, poor economy, and cheating governments has forged a tough and hardy people capable of surviving great adversity with a grin and a laugh. link

Now GD I'm a proud Newfoundlander....as most of us are, and like most of us I am quite proud that we are a small part of something even better.....can you guess what that is? Here's a hit...although I haven't typed the word in this post...you can probably see it on you screen right now. :wink: you may hae to scroll a little.....for Fatbastard....It starts with a C and has 3 A's in it, 1 N, and 1 D.

[flag]

Attachments:
Image021.jpg
Image021.jpg [ 26.87 KiB | Viewed 187 times ]
Image018.jpg
Image018.jpg [ 20.74 KiB | Viewed 188 times ]
Image005.jpg
Image005.jpg [ 32.99 KiB | Viewed 186 times ]
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:21 pm

hmmm... five things I associate with Alberta.

Big Rock Brewery.... yay Trad!

Calgary Tower (aka - the Prairie P*nis LOL)

WEM (aka "The big mall with the roller-coaster" as some American's call it)

Fort Edmonton (one of the best places to take your family)

AND...

Oil... black gold... texas tea.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:31 pm

Since BC is my second home I hope no one minds if I play, too.

1) The Inner Harbor of Victoria

2) The tea houses of Victoria (and there-abouts) and the retired military guys who frequent them.

3) Even though I'm married I still appreciate the beautiful lasses from UVIC. 8)

4) The road from Whistler to Lillooet with the most beautiful and striking scenery in the entire world.

5) The charm, grace, and elegance of the people I meet when I'm about.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:16 pm

What I associate with Ontario....

Dirt

Assholes

Politicians who lie

Wasaga Beach

Toronto

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:54 pm

Do you live in Ontario Arty? Tsk Tsk boy.......not to worry though little man...when I marry your Mom you'll be a Newfie by default.....you still wont have to call me dad btw. :P