Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:07 pm

YES, I'M A BAD Canadian

I Am Your Worst Nightmare.
I am a BAD Canadian
I am (insert name here)
I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some mid level governmental functionary be it Liberal or PC or NDP!
I'm in touch with my feelings and I like it that way!
I think being a minority does not make you noble or victimized, and does not entitle you to anything.
I believe that if you are selling me a Big Mac, talk the English language.
I believe everyone has a right to pray to his or her God when and where they want to.
My heroes are Maurice Richard, Bobby Orr, Ernest Alva (Smokey) Smith, and whoever canceled Jerry Springer.
I don't hate the rich.
I don't pity the poor.
I know wrestling is fake and I don't waste my time watching or arguing about it.
I've never owned a slave, or was a slave, I haven't burned any witches or been persecuted by the Turks and neither have you!
So, shut up already.
I believe if you don't like the way things are here, go back to where you came from and change your own country!
This is CANADA

I think the cops have every right to shoot your sorry rear if you're running from them..
I also think they have the right to pull you over if you're breaking the law, regardless of what color you are.
..and, no, I don't mind having my face shown on my drivers license. I think it's good.....
I think if you are too stupid to know how a ballot works, I don't want you deciding who should be running the greatest nation in the world for the next few years.
I dislike those people standing in the intersections trying to sell me stuff or trying to guilt me into making 'donations' to their cause.
I believe that it doesn't take a village to raise a child, it takes two parents.
..and what is going on with gas prices... again?
I believe 'illegal' is illegal no matter what the lawyers think.
I believe the Canadian flag should be the only one allowed in Canada!
If this makes me a BAD Canadian, then yes, I'm a BAD Canadian.
If you are a BAD Canadian too, please forward this to everyone you know.
We want our country back!

With thanks to George Carlin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:37 pm

Hi Mod I like some of those , some of them are very strong statements and mean alot to me others like the police well I'm glad they lost many rights otherwise it would be just a matter of time before one really hurt or did damage to you me or anybody for no reason at all. In the past I've seen it over and over and over and I never seriously broke the law or spent anytime in jail. They wouldn't hesitate to shoot someone if that right was made easy . lol but who did you vote for? Good post though I would be a bad Canadian, maybe not as bad as you, but close enough .

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:51 am

that was an interesting read. i enjoyed it

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:32 pm

Jerry Springers been cancelled???????????? [boxing]

Where the hell are all my relatives going to get beer money????????

[?] [?] [?]

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:59 pm

Well then I am an oustanding Canadian... ¬_¬

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:13 pm

I agree with all of those points, but I'm even a worse Canadian.

When asked if I'm American, I politely explain that I'm a Canadian. I don't go purple in the face, foam at the mouth, scream obscenities, become indignant and lecture someone........unlike many assholes from my homeland, who end up fitting the the image of the stereotypical American.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:22 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:

When asked if I'm American, I politely explain that I'm a Canadian. I don't go purple in the face, foam at the mouth, scream obscenities, become indignant and lecture someone........unlike many assholes from my homeland, who end up fitting the the image of the stereotypical American.

That's an offensive generalisation. You aren't actually suggesting that most Canadians would be prone this sort of behaviour, I hope.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:33 pm

RoyalHighlander RoyalHighlander:
YES, I'M A BAD Canadian
I believe the money I make belongs to me and my family, not some mid level governmental functionary be it Liberal or PC or NDP!

Well you might be a bad Canadian, but I guess you're one hell of a good Conservative. But I guess loyalty to one's political party is more important...

$1:
I believe that if you are selling me a Big Mac, talk the English language.
Have you gone to your local McDonalds and been served in French? Because if you have, you just might be in a francophone community, which means you should be respectful and politely asked to be served your junk food in English. You'll probably be accommodated.

$1:
I believe everyone has a right to pray to his or her God when and where they want to.
Well then there's one thing you would have in common with a lot of those 'good Canadians' you seem to be so defiantly at arms with.

$1:
My heroes are Maurice Richard...
I'm not sure he would have served you in English.

$1:
I don't hate the rich.
Me neither.

$1:
I don't pity the poor.
Not very Christian, but I don't pretend to know your religious beliefs or lack thereof.

$1:
This is CANADA
Fuckin' eh!

$1:
We want our country back!
Did you ever really have it?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:49 pm

MacDonaill MacDonaill:

That's an offensive generalisation. You aren't actually suggesting that most Canadians would be prone this sort of behaviour, I hope.

I've seen it enough times, so it obviously isn't a generalization, and their behavior was extremely offensive. Canadians don't have the best reputation for being polite or law abiding over in this part of the world. Many are loud, obnoxious drunks - fresh out of their fine arts programs and full of attitude.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:58 pm

I've seen it enough times, so it obviously isn't a generalization,

Well, I think judging a people based on your encounters with one or two actually does qualify as generalising. I mean, that's the definition of the word the way I learned it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:09 pm

try adding dozen behind the one or two you stated... and that is in one city alone, and my own personal experience. They have to learn that they are white, speak English, so of course locals are going to make an error in nationality once in awhile. Acting like their mother has just been called a whore, when asked if they are American is ridiculous. The South Africans, Kiwis, Aussies and Brits never have these fits. Neither do the non English whites, like the Germans and French. All of these other groups have remarked to me about the reaction that they've observed in several Canadians when mistaken for Americans, and want to know why are they so ridiculous. There are only a few thousand foreigners living here but it's my fellow countrymen that have the bad rap.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:37 pm

try adding dozen behind the one or two you stated... and that is in one city alone, and my own personal experience. They have to learn that they are white, speak English, so of course locals are going to make an error in nationality once in awhile. Acting like their mother has just been called a whore, when asked if they are American is ridiculous. The South Africans, Kiwis, Aussies and Brits never have these fits. Neither do the non English whites, like the Germans and French. All of these other groups have remarked to me about the reaction that they've observed in several Canadians when mistaken for Americans, and want to know why are they so ridiculous. There are only a few thousand foreigners living here but it's my fellow countrymen that have the bad rap.

Whether what you say is true or not, that still isn't just cause to brand Canadians of a different political belief than you to be a bunch of rude pricks. Not to mention, it doesn't even sound plausible. I really can't imagine anyone throwing angry outburst the way you describe just because someone in Taiwan mistook them for an American. Sorry. Sounds anecdotal and unlikely, or at least uncommon.

I've been abroad and lived abroad, and not only have I always conducted myself in a mannerly way, but I've never met any of these obnoxious Canadians that seem to be so prevalent in our society.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:46 pm

MacDonaill MacDonaill:
Well you might be a bad Canadian, but I guess you're one hell of a good Conservative. But I guess loyalty to one's political party is more important...
That's a really dumb thing to post.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:28 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
MacDonaill MacDonaill:
That's a really dumb thing to post.

I think the same can be said about a lot of posts.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:55 pm

All I got to say is... thumbs up, MacDonaill.