CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:35 am

Perturbed, I call myself Mr.Can-Euro because I love European values. I being of British, Irish, and Welsh ancestry I find European values to express my values quite well. However, I do also like all cultures and I enjoy experiencing multiculturalism. So other cultures should be allowed to bring their cultures here and express themselves. I would be able to live in Japan or any Latin/Spanish country with a proper visa and they wouldn't mind that I would live in their countries for a few bloody months!! I don't want more Hispanics and Japanese people here simply because I like them, it is also because there is a small population here and wouldn't mind seeing a few thousand more coming to Canada over a reasonable amount of time.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:14 pm

I can honestly tell you Perturbed that I believe the British, French, and Native Canadian cultures should be the cultures that stand out in Canada since they did create our country. I believe that all cultures have a right to be in Canada and express themselves aswell. However, I am opposed to bringing other religious laws to Canada like Islamic law.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 1:06 am

[QUOTE BY= Mr.Can-Euro] I can honestly tell you Perturbed that I believe the British, French, and Native Canadian cultures should be the cultures that stand out in Canada since they did create our country. [/QUOTE]<br /> <br /> To say that only three ethnic groups created this country is absurd. Take for instance the Chinese, many of whom risked their lives to build the railway that connected our country. What about the Eastern and Northern Europeans who settled the West or the Irish who settled the East? Canada was not created overnight, and it's still not done. Any person and any group that continues to contribute to our country helps in creating it. <br /> <br /> Let's not forget that ethnic origin is a part of an individual's identity, but it is not their entire identity. Our country was built by individuals who happened to have ethnicities, not ethnicities that happened to be made up of individuals.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:39 am

Let's hope that Canada will continue to be created in a positive way and not fall apart because of our current corrupt government! It is true what you said lesouris that individuals make a country.