bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 2:04 pm

deneb deneb:
Mukluk Mukluk:
Ah come on. No Molson Canadian in PQ so it must be a separatist issue. Gimme a break. When I lived there there were all kinds of Molson products in Quebec, and other good stuff you can't get in the West...like Black Label.

m

Mukluk, I won't give you a break because this is the reality :) Why is there no market for Molson Canadian in quebec? Because the word "Canada" doesn't sell here. Why is that? I'll let you guess...

Like Proculation said it's sad but true.

Yah I know what you mean, I mean if some Quebec beer trying to sell in Western Canada, with the name oh lets say... "Seperatist Quebec beer, if you wont let us seperate we will seperate you from reality with drunkeness" sorry little joke there but a beer with the name "Quebec" wont sell here either, it works two ways so I could understand why "Canada" wont sell there however if the beer tastes good, the name shouldnt matter, right fellow beer drinkers :D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 2:21 pm

MasterBlaster MasterBlaster:
deneb deneb:
Mukluk Mukluk:
Ah come on. No Molson Canadian in PQ so it must be a separatist issue. Gimme a break. When I lived there there were all kinds of Molson products in Quebec, and other good stuff you can't get in the West...like Black Label.

m

Mukluk, I won't give you a break because this is the reality :) Why is there no market for Molson Canadian in quebec? Because the word "Canada" doesn't sell here. Why is that? I'll let you guess...

Yah I know what you mean, I mean if some Quebec beer trying to sell in Western Canada, with the name oh lets say... "Seperatist Quebec beer, if you wont let us seperate we will seperate you from reality with drunkeness" sorry little joke there but a beer with the name "Quebec" wont sell here either, it works two ways so I could understand why "Canada" wont sell there however if the beer tastes good, the name shouldnt matter, right fellow beer drinkers :D :D :D

Well said. The most important factor is not taken into consideration "The taste" :)

I don't know if this is true but I heared that the Molson Export (not sure if they sell it outside quebec) was the exact same beer than the molson canadian.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 2:39 pm

deneb deneb:
deneb deneb:
Mukluk Mukluk:

m

Well said. The most important factor is not taken into consideration "The taste" :)

I don't know if this is true but I heared that the Molson Export (not sure if they sell it outside quebec) was the exact same beer than the molson canadian.

That's interesting deneb. Ex is an ale while Canadian is a lager, but they taste very similar. hmm...

Has anyone ever heard the story about Dow Ale? This used to be a very popular beer in Quebec a few decades ago. According to the story, Dow added a secret ingredient that enhanced the flavour of the beer but then some guys in Quebec City died and it was discovered that they were all regular Dow drinkers. The secret ingredient? Cobalt!

My uncle told me this story a while ago and I've heard it elsewhere too. Sounds like some kind of urban legend...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 2:50 pm

Holy crap! I just did a little googling and it turns out the story is true! 8O
$1:
One of those exceptions happened in 1964, when a Quebec brewery, Dow, put cobalt sulfate into its beer. 16 men die and millions of gallons were flushed down the sewer.

"They died of cobalt sulfate poisoning," said McKenna "Now, cobalt at the time, heavy metal, was used as a head retention agent."

CBC Story.

Sorry for taking this a little off-topic...

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 2:58 pm

8O damn! I hope the idiots who had this idea got fired...

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 4:44 pm

deneb deneb:

It's only true because you don't drink the product. You need to stop blaming others for your own behavior. I am not saying "you" as in deneb, but those that try to blame others for their own attitudes. Not sure if you are one of them.

We'd have to drink a few Laurentides together before I would pass judgment ;)

m

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 4:57 pm

Mukluk Mukluk:
deneb deneb:

It's only true because you don't drink the product. You need to stop blaming others for your own behavior. I am not saying "you" as in deneb, but those that try to blame others for their own attitudes. Not sure if you are one of them.

We'd have to drink a few Laurentides together before I would pass judgment ;)

m

I'm not sure to understand what you mean. It was just an observation. Plus what you describe looks like and endless cycle.

"I don't buy the product because the product isn't sold...so I can't buy the product... which explains why they don't sell the product.......". Someone started the wheel somewhere, and this someone isn't me.

Anyway, no big deal there ;)

btw, I'd gladly drink a few beers with you... but would it absolutely needs to be Laurentide?? We got better stuff in there :)

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:16 pm

...a beer with the name "Quebec" wont sell here either, it works two ways so I could understand why "Canada" wont sell there however if the beer tastes good, the name shouldnt matter, right fellow beer drinkers :D :D :D

Dude, what the fuck? How can you draw this comparison? It's not Molson Saskatchewan that they don't like, it's Molson Canadian. Are you aware that everyone in Quebec is Canadian?

Are you on acid?

I hope you were being sarcastic, but I just don't know given the wording bro.

m

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:19 pm

Mukluk Mukluk:
...a beer with the name "Quebec" wont sell here either, it works two ways so I could understand why "Canada" wont sell there however if the beer tastes good, the name shouldnt matter, right fellow beer drinkers :D :D :D

Dude, what the fuck? How can you draw this comparison? It's not Molson Saskatchewan that they don't like, it's Molson Canadian. Are you aware that everyone in Quebec is Canadian?

Are you on acid?

I hope you were being sarcastic, but I just don't know given the wording bro.

m

Wow, anger management does wonders. Chill out. You have a problem with opinions or do you want to start a flame war Mr. Olympia Washington? Where does Sask come into this? Did you even use thought process when you wrote that post?
Molson Saskatchewan? WTF did you get that? Ironic you should ask if Im on acid. No dont bother to answer, your words prove that enough.

Last edited by Tman1 on Mon May 09, 2005 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:24 pm

deneb deneb:
"I don't buy the product because the product isn't sold...so I can't buy the product... which explains why they don't sell the product.......". Someone started the wheel somewhere, and this someone isn't me.

Anyway, no big deal there ;)

btw, I'd gladly drink a few beers with you... but would it absolutely needs to be Laurentide?? We got better stuff in there :)

Ok ok, you can pick the beer. I miss the big ones...another thing you can't get in the west ;)

No bro, it's not an endless cycle. It is the consumer that rules the roost. Companies would sell you shit on a stick if you were willing to pay for it. The brand is apparently available in Quebec in certain quantities from what I can tell on this thread...doesn't sound like its flying off the shelves.

By the way, I can buy Molson Canadian here in Olympia, Washington at the Top Foods grocery store :)

m

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:35 pm

Wow, anger management does wonders. Chill out. You have a problem with opinions or do you want to start a flame war Mr. Olympia Washington? Where does Sask come into this? Did you even use thought process when you wrote that post?
Molson Saskatchewan? WTF did you get that? Ironic you should ask if Im on acid. No dont bother to answer, your words prove that enough.

Don't mistake my tone for anger, I laughed out loud when I read your post. Just tell me you weren't serious when you said "we" wouldn't buy a beer named Quebec.

Calling a beer Quebec is like calling a beer Saskatchewan. They are parallels....unlike Canadian vs Quebec, which is not.

m

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:39 pm

I got 2 question.
1- Molson Ex or Dry is different then Molson Canadian ? The taste is different ?
2- You drink that beer just because of the word Canadian ?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:40 pm

Mukluk Mukluk:

Don't mistake my tone for anger, I laughed out loud when I read your post. Just tell me you weren't serious when you said "we" wouldn't buy a beer named Quebec.

Calling a beer Quebec is like calling a beer Saskatchewan. They are parallels....unlike Canadian vs Quebec, which is not.

m

What are you talking about Saskatchewan for???? I really am bewildered. You obviously misunderstood me where Deneb has not. I did not mean Quebec as a country......ok, I meant the brand name of Quebec as a title on the beer will not sell out west as the word Canadian wont sell in Quebec. Dont know how you couldnt figure that one out.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:50 pm

I'm just a SK farmboy living in WA for the last couple of years, AB before than, the caribbean for a while.

A beer named "Quebec" will not sell in SK because we are not from Quebec. You are trying to compare this to people in Quebec not drinking "Canadian"...they are Canadians. For your comparison to work, you would have to try and sell them "Saskatchewan" or "Alberta" or...what is that province in between SK and ON again?...."Mosquitoba" beer.

There is no reason for Quebecois not to drink Canadian other than bad attitudes. They are Canadians.

m

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 6:00 pm

Deneb wrote:
$1:

Direct quote from someone who lives in Quebec. I need not say more. As well, and I stick to my opinion that a brew with the name Quebec on it, not national or provincial or whether or not they are Canadians but the name quebec will not sell well in the West.